Page 200 of 205

Re: Video Camera who uses one?

Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:23 pm
by PiratePete
biker jk wrote:I have a support ticket with Cycliq and yesterday sent Andrew Hagen a photo of the puck on the mount. Not sure why they requested a photo since the two Cyliq Wahoo pucks (I bought two Duo mounts) both didn't fit. I read about another Duo Mount purchaser who had the same problem with the Wahoo puck (mentioned a month ago) and had to use a dremel and sandpaper to get it to work but he says it's still tight. I wonder whether Cycliq tested Tate Labs' Wahoo puck?


How did this pan out?

I just purchased a Wahoo Elemnt, and both my pre-production and Kickstarter funded Duomount's Wahoo puck fit nicely. No modification required.

Re: Video Camera who uses one?

Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:12 pm
by biker jk
PiratePete wrote:
biker jk wrote:I have a support ticket with Cycliq and yesterday sent Andrew Hagen a photo of the puck on the mount. Not sure why they requested a photo since the two Cyliq Wahoo pucks (I bought two Duo mounts) both didn't fit. I read about another Duo Mount purchaser who had the same problem with the Wahoo puck (mentioned a month ago) and had to use a dremel and sandpaper to get it to work but he says it's still tight. I wonder whether Cycliq tested Tate Labs' Wahoo puck?


How did this pan out?

I just purchased a Wahoo Elemnt, and both my pre-production and Kickstarter funded Duomount's Wahoo puck fit nicely. No modification required.


There was a batch of incorrectly sized Wahoo Elemnt pucks. I was sent replacement pucks which fit fine.

I now have some concern with the Duo camera mount as it's nowhere near as tight as the mounts which came with the Fly12. Moreover, the mounting screw that comes with the DuoMount also doesn't have a metal section after the plastic handle like the screw that came with the Fly12 mounts so can't be tightened as much.

Re: Video Camera who uses one?

Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:02 am
by Cycliq
Biker jk - the mounting screw or quick bolt as we like to call it, it designed specifically that way so you can actually tighten it to as much torque as your fingers can muster. In fact, we have given the design much thought. Perhaps you will notice it takes less turns to tighten up or remove your Fly12 now? This addresses comments from our customers hopefully showing that we do listen and we do care.

I trust you are also enjoying the ease of installation with the hex bolt install from the top, the rock solid fit, the sleek design and the only mount that uses 7075 grade aluminium?

Ride safe,
Andrew

Re: Video Camera who uses one?

Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:39 am
by biker jk
Cycliq wrote:Biker jk - the mounting screw or quick bolt as we like to call it, it designed specifically that way so you can actually tighten it to as much torque as your fingers can muster. In fact, we have given the design much thought. Perhaps you will notice it takes less turns to tighten up or remove your Fly12 now? This addresses comments from our customers hopefully showing that we do listen and we do care.

I trust you are also enjoying the ease of installation with the hex bolt install from the top, the rock solid fit, the sleek design and the only mount that uses 7075 grade aluminium?

Ride safe,
Andrew


Hi Andrew

Yes I do like those features. But the camera mount is not as tight as the mount that came with the Fly12. As such, even if I use significant torque on the screw the camera has moved on every ride and I've had to re-tighten. There was no movement using the Fly12 mount but there is with the Duo mount.

Re: Video Camera who uses one?

Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:31 am
by Bunged Knee
Anyone wants Fly12 or Fly6 on special. Pushys are selling it with 10% discount. Fly12 (AT)$359.10, Fly6 (AT)$161.99.
Use code " winter10 ". This code includes other lights. Expires on 16th at 11pm.

Re: Video Camera who uses one?

Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:16 pm
by clint66
biker jk wrote:
PiratePete wrote:
biker jk wrote:I have a support ticket with Cycliq and yesterday sent Andrew Hagen a photo of the puck on the mount. Not sure why they requested a photo since the two Cyliq Wahoo pucks (I bought two Duo mounts) both didn't fit. I read about another Duo Mount purchaser who had the same problem with the Wahoo puck (mentioned a month ago) and had to use a dremel and sandpaper to get it to work but he says it's still tight. I wonder whether Cycliq tested Tate Labs' Wahoo puck?


How did this pan out?

I just purchased a Wahoo Elemnt, and both my pre-production and Kickstarter funded Duomount's Wahoo puck fit nicely. No modification required.


There was a batch of incorrectly sized Wahoo Elemnt pucks. I was sent replacement pucks which fit fine.

I now have some concern with the Duo camera mount as it's nowhere near as tight as the mounts which came with the Fly12. Moreover, the mounting screw that comes with the DuoMount also doesn't have a metal section after the plastic handle like the screw that came with the Fly12 mounts so can't be tightened as much.


How did you get the element puck? I got I think one of the first duo mounts off the kickstarter campaign. Mine is very very tight. Did you have to contact cycliq?

Re: Video Camera who uses one?

Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:25 pm
by biker jk
clint66 wrote:
How did you get the element puck? I got I think one of the first duo mounts off the kickstarter campaign. Mine is very very tight. Did you have to contact cycliq?


Mine was a January delivery of the kickstarter deal. It wasn't just tight, I couldn't even insert the Elemnt into the puck. No way was I going to try to force it or use a dremel as some have done. I contacted Cycliq and they sent me replacement pucks for the Elemnt and these are fine. It sounds like there are quite a few bad pucks out there but not many customers seem to have complained. Initially I thought I was the only customer with a bad puck but I used Google and found a few others. Then Shane Miller did a YouTube review and he too couldn't insert the Elemnt into the Cycliq Duo Mount puck.

Re: Video Camera who uses one?

Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:37 pm
by clint66
thanks for the reply. I'll contact cycliq

Re: Video Camera who uses one?

Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:10 pm
by jasonc
oh dear. got a replacement fly6 from cycliq a fortnight ago. it's just failed. i use the same cable to charge my fly12. it still works. will confirm with the official fly6 cable tonight but i may be logging a call with cycliq :(
yes, i have tried formatting the SD card

Re: Video Camera who uses one?

Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:11 pm
by jasonc
Used the proper fly6 cable and it works perfectly. No idea. But that's good right?

Re: Video Camera who uses one?

Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:18 pm
by PiratePete
jasonc wrote:Used the proper fly6 cable and it works perfectly. No idea. But that's good right?


I'm not sure... Dodgy cable? I know some of the spaghetti that covers my bike is looking a bit second hand due to over use.

Re: Video Camera who uses one?

Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:05 pm
by jasonc
PiratePete wrote:
jasonc wrote:Used the proper fly6 cable and it works perfectly. No idea. But that's good right?


I'm not sure... Dodgy cable? I know some of the spaghetti that covers my bike is looking a bit second hand due to over use.

a mate had the same issue. told him what I did and his works too. so what is so special about the cycliq cable?

Re: Video Camera who uses one?

Posted: Sat May 20, 2017 4:32 am
by PiratePete
jasonc wrote:a mate had the same issue. told him what I did and his works too. so what is so special about the cycliq cable?


Nothing that I'm aware of. What I have noticed is that different cables have a different shared/sized plastic moulding at the micro USB connector. This has caused me issues with my ELEMNT and the cable not completely seating preventing charge.

Did the charge LED light up with both cables?

Re: Video Camera who uses one?

Posted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:07 am
by jasonc
PiratePete wrote:Did the charge LED light up with both cables?


it had before trying it on thursday. 'scott me stuffed.
agree it could be the plastic shape around the connector

Re: Video Camera who uses one?

Posted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:51 am
by Arbuckle23
Any current feedback on the GoPro copies found on ebay, such as:
https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_fro ... a&_sacat=0

Just for using as safety camera, not for entertaining on Youtube.

Re: Video Camera who uses one?

Posted: Sat May 20, 2017 9:17 am
by Arbuckle23
I suppose I could buy this and if it is rubbish, at least I got some mounts cheap :)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-0-WIFI-Wireless-Full-HD-SJ4000-1080P-12MP-Sports-Car-DV-Video-Action-Camera-/252845597595?var=&hash=item3adec5a39b:m:ma2076JBNuYn4he8vKauEZA

Edit. At this price I know it will be rubbish, but just how rubbishy remains to be seen.

Re: Video Camera who uses one?

Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:36 pm
by Mububban
My gen1 Fly6 camera gave 3 loud long shrieking beeps on the weekend group ride after about 2.5 hours of run time. I thought it was the Fly12 up front, it was so loud! This was the "low battery, turning off video and only flashing lights" warning.

When I got home, ~3 hours 15 total ride time, the lights were still flashing but gave me one single battery life beep when I turned it off. Considering the number of battery life dramas many users have had, I'm not unhappy with the life of mine so far.

Has anyone tried running a Fly6 while plugged into a powerbank?

Re: Video Camera who uses one?

Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:12 am
by PiratePete
Mububban wrote:Has anyone tried running a Fly6 while plugged into a powerbank?


Haven't tried with a Gen1 but it works with the Gen2.

Re: Video Camera who uses one?

Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:15 pm
by MichaelB
OK. Have a Sony HDR-AS20 action cam that I am using on a new water bottle mount. Pic and perspective is pretty good, but there are some vibrations that are evident when watching it back.

Image

Is there a good but cheap (user friendly and by cheap, I mean free) post-processing software that can improve the image ? I'm a real newbie at this, so as long as it's easy to use, then I'm good.

Will be using VIRB to trim it down to a useable size and get rid of the boring stuff.

At the moment, the mount is pretty firm, but there is some ability for it to vibrate relative to the bike - is it recommended to put some firm padding between downtube & camera case to reduce the vibration even more ?

TIA

Michael

Re: Video Camera who uses one?

Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:51 pm
by darkelf921
I find cutting up an old tube and laying this between the mount and the bike (regardless of handle bars or elsewhere) really helps with the vibration. It is also free and ecological :)

Re: Video Camera who uses one?

Posted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:51 pm
by MichaelB
darkelf921 wrote:I find cutting up an old tube and laying this between the mount and the bike (regardless of handle bars or elsewhere) really helps with the vibration. It is also free and ecological :)


Ta, will try that, as well as bracing it to the frame. 8)

Re: Video Camera who uses one?

Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:52 am
by darkelf921
MichaelB wrote:
darkelf921 wrote:I find cutting up an old tube and laying this between the mount and the bike (regardless of handle bars or elsewhere) really helps with the vibration. It is also free and ecological :)


Ta, will try that, as well as bracing it to the frame. 8)


Just use a flat bit of the rubber (from the cut up bike tube) between the mount and the bike. You don't need much at all.

Re: Video Camera who uses one?

Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:21 am
by tomee
has anyone tried to mount a Fly6 sideways directly under the saddle?

Re: Video Camera who uses one?

Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:03 am
by A_P
tomee wrote:has anyone tried to mount a Fly6 sideways directly under the saddle?


no, but the internal crash sensor might keep turning the unit off every hour

Re: Video Camera who uses one?

Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:09 pm
by eldavo
Quick check, anything comparable to Fly12 battery life that is IP-rated weatheproof?
Looking for work related capture for minimum 4hrs, extreme heat potential so lower than quoted maximum battery life is expected.

I've got a Fly12 and all the other action cams really seem to be 2-3hr limited without blowing out the cost with oodles of accessories.

I couldn't find any IP rating on Cycliq specs so have asked support. Other products state IP ratings, the "nano protection" means I can't directly compare the feature.