6666 Club Thread RELOADED

Baldy

Re: 6666 Club Thread RELOADED

Postby Baldy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:35 pm

Hey all, shame about the net gremlins! I still have my fingers crossed hoping it is fixable.

The weekend camping went well, a little windy to start with but otherwise really nice weather. Caught a good feed of Flathead and Arrow Squid, had them for tea tonight and will again tomorrow 8)

This is one of my nephews and number 1 netman! Returning from a successful voyage to plunder the local fish population.....Ahaaaarrrrrrr!!!

Netman releasing an undersized local, even pirates have mercy sometimes :lol:

Looking east....

And west..
[Lime Bay in SE Tasmania, for those just tuning in :wink: ]

Cheers
Doon, Captain of the Salty Carrot :mrgreen:

celeste boy

Postby celeste boy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:12 am

love the nephew's hat. can't quite make out the Bianchi logo! And it was 'Lime Bay' you said.

on another tangent: Apple appears to have gone pro with reporting on rides. maps, Garmin stuff etc. and longer rides too! Hope you give sirrus a shake soon, Apple.

celeste boy

Apple

Postby Apple » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:48 am

Beautiful photos baldy,
I would love to do that, you inspired me to rent a kayak last weekend and I took my daughter and husband on it. We had so much fun, can't wait to get one of my own.

Just to remind you all. I completed 92km yesterday and it was a gorgeous day. I would have gone again today but have to wait for tradesmen who never show up

:evil: :roll:
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!

Apple

Postby Apple » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:49 am

celeste boy wrote:on another tangent: Apple appears to have gone pro with reporting on rides. maps, Garmin stuff etc. and longer rides too! Hope you give sirrus a shake soon, Apple.

celeste boy
I plan on it Celeste boy and for every 50km I will donate 10 to you. :wink:
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

grt046

Postby grt046 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:12 pm

Apple wrote:
celeste boy wrote:on another tangent: Apple appears to have gone pro with reporting on rides. maps, Garmin stuff etc. and longer rides too! Hope you give sirrus a shake soon, Apple.

celeste boy
Very generous of you Apple .... not so long back you were going head to head with no quarter given.
I too appreciate the pro reports from you, sblack, norbs etc

Short ride for me today (slept in) to bring up 1900. Hope to crack the 2k barrier this weekend
Giant Defy Advanced 1 (2014) Orbea Gain M20 (2021)

tim on skin

Postby tim on skin » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:18 pm

grt046 wrote:
Apple wrote:

celeste boy
Very generous of you Apple .... not so long back you were going head to head with no quarter given.
I too appreciate the pro reports from you, sblack, norbs etc

Short ride for me today (slept in) to bring up 1900. Hope to crack the 2k barrier this weekend
my goal last weekend was to crack the 5k barrier
HTFU
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:mrgreen:
No Pain No Game Man
HTFU

grt046

Postby grt046 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:33 pm

tim on skin wrote: my goal last weekend was to crack the 5k barrier
HTFU
Congrats on the 5k Tim but not sure what your realistic target is (maybe in a group with cavebear etc) it is clearly way above 6666 and probably 10k :roll:
2k puts me comfortably on my target so am happy with that. :)
Giant Defy Advanced 1 (2014) Orbea Gain M20 (2021)

Apple

Postby Apple » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:34 pm

tim on skin wrote:[my goal last weekend was to crack the 5k barrier
HTFU

Excuse me, Tim on my skin, I think this needs to be posted, like HELLO on the 10000km club :roll:
If you want to join our club, you need to start from ZERO
8)

DiverMark

Postby DiverMark » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:07 pm

tim on skin wrote: my goal last weekend was to crack the 5k barrier
HTFU
Well done! Maybe in a few years I'll have hardened up and look at 10k but since I only started riding seriously at the beginning the year and bought my first road bike about 3 weeks back I'm very happy with where I'm at :D

norbs

Postby norbs » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:20 pm

To have done the kms Tim has done, I would have had to have ridden 67kms every day this year. That is 2.4 hours a day. I just dont have that sort of time Im afraid.

As it is, I am thinking of setting my target back to 6000kms like last year. I just cant see me hitting 6666kms. Considering the thread was lost, now is probably a good time for me to skadaddle. :)

Mugglechops

Postby Mugglechops » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:24 pm

I thought you would be well on target norbs, more than me anyway.

I am still trying to hit the 6666km but need to ride more than the 3 times a week I am doing now. Getting up at 5am so I can ride roughly 26-30kms before work gets a bit tough. Maybe I just need to HTFU too.

Hopefully as I get fitter my avg speed will go up a bit higher than my current 22kmh.

Apple

Postby Apple » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:29 pm

norbs wrote:To have done the kms Tim has done, I would have had to have ridden 67kms every day this year. That is 2.4 hours a day. I just dont have that sort of time Im afraid.

As it is, I am thinking of setting my target back to 6000kms like last year. I just cant see me hitting 6666kms. Considering the thread was lost, now is probably a good time for me to skadaddle. :)
Come on, give me a break :roll: There is an exit fee you know :P
All you need to do is ride 3 times a week, two short and one long.
Last edited by Apple on Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Apple

Postby Apple » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:30 pm

Mugglechops wrote:I thought you would be well on target norbs, more than me anyway.

I am still trying to hit the 6666km but need to ride more than the 3 times a week I am doing now. Getting up at 5am so I can ride roughly 26-30kms before work gets a bit tough. Maybe I just need to HTFU too.

Hopefully as I get fitter my avg speed will go up a bit higher than my current 22kmh.
Be strong

norbs

Postby norbs » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:37 pm

Apple wrote:
norbs wrote:To have done the kms Tim has done, I would have had to have ridden 67kms every day this year. That is 2.4 hours a day. I just dont have that sort of time Im afraid.

All you need to do is ride 3 times a week, to short and one long.
Yep, that is fair enough if you a. have the time and b. have the conditions.

I am trying to get back into my other hobby of photography, and that eats into my cycling time.

Also, in winter, I don't really have the best of conditions locally. I start work at 7:30, so it is dark when I start and getting dark when I get home. Last winter I nearly hit a roo, came close to coming off numerous times on the !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !! roads around here and despite having loads of lights on me, was nearly cleaned up on 4 occasions by cars.

So you can roll your eyes all you want, I am being realistic.

I don't post a lot in the 6k club thread, so it will be no different around here. I will be like the bald one. Drop in for a look see, just wont participate in the gauntlet flinging.

DiverMark

Postby DiverMark » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:48 pm

norbs wrote:
Apple wrote:

All you need to do is ride 3 times a week, to short and one long.

I am trying to get back into my other hobby of photography, and that eats into my cycling time.

Also, in winter, I don't really have the best of conditions locally. I start work at 7:30, so it is dark when I start and getting dark when I get home. Last winter I nearly hit a roo, came close to coming off numerous times on the superfantastic roads around here and despite having loads of lights on me, was nearly cleaned up on 4 occasions by cars.

I don't post a lot in the 6k club thread, so it will be no different around here. I will be like the bald one. Drop in for a look see, just wont participate in the gauntlet flinging.
Sounds perfectly reasonable norbs, I've started riding a slightly longer route to work so I can do 20 km a day and aim for a longer one on the weekend but don't know how I will fair over winter. I'm sure Barto will crack the whip if I look like fading :shock:

Comedian

6666 Club Thread RELOADED

Postby Comedian » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:54 pm

So are all the soft princesses happy again now they have their thread back? :mrgreen: :lol:

DiverMark

Postby DiverMark » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:01 pm

Comedian wrote:So are all the soft princesses happy again now they have their thread back? :mrgreen: :lol:
Couldn't be happier :D now where did I leave my fluffy slippers :lol:

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:17 pm

Sorry to read that we're loosing a few club members :(

I understand the time factor...I don't use my bike to commute, so all my k's are done on the weekend or super early morning rides before going to work!

Still I'm going to give the target a good shake :D
Lisa

Apple

Postby Apple » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:19 pm

norbs wrote:
Apple wrote:

All you need to do is ride 3 times a week, two short and one long.

Also, in winter, I don't really have the best of conditions locally. I start work at 7:30, so it is dark when I start and getting dark when I get home. Last winter I nearly hit a roo, came close to coming off numerous times on the superfantastic roads around here and despite having loads of lights on me, was nearly cleaned up on 4 occasions by cars.

I was only trying to entice you by rolling, not hurt your feelings. :(
I think it is important that you are comfortable and feel safe, I understand your choice.
You know you can always just do a 3333 club and post on this one. We don't mind. I don't even know if I can do 6666, with my back history and winter, also the thread gone :roll:

you cannot be sirrus

Postby you cannot be sirrus » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:08 pm

celeste boy wrote:love the nephew's hat. can't quite make out the Bianchi logo! And it was 'Lime Bay' you said.

on another tangent: Apple appears to have gone pro with reporting on rides. maps, Garmin stuff etc. and longer rides too! Hope you give sirrus a shake soon, Apple.

celeste boy
Oi, that gauntlet nearly hit me.

Mugglechops

Postby Mugglechops » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:22 pm

norbs wrote: Also, in winter, I don't really have the best of conditions locally.

You a braver man than me riding Pyree Lane everyday.

duds2u

Postby duds2u » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:25 pm

Comedian wrote:So are all the soft princesses happy again now they have their thread back? :mrgreen: :lol:
A gauntlet thrower from the 10K Club, Eh. :twisted:

Well, I like most of us here don't commute, so we just ride for the enjoyment of it, in the wee small dark hours of the morning before work, sometimes even after work, nice "little" bunch rides on the weekend but mainly just out there plugging away enjoying the moment.

I also note that we have more ahead of the red triangle than the 10k bunch. It might only be by one but we are ahead. Go the 6666'ers. :D :D

By the way, keep an eye on this old fools back wheel because that's all you are going to see. :lol:

tim on skin

Postby tim on skin » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:32 pm

duds2u wrote:
A gauntlet thrower from the 10K Club, Eh. :twisted:

Well, I like most of us here don't commute, so we just ride for the enjoyment of it, in the wee small dark hours of the morning before work, sometimes even after work, nice "little" bunch rides on the weekend but mainly just out there plugging away enjoying the moment.

I also note that we have more ahead of the red triangle than the 10k bunch. It might only be by one but we are ahead. Go the 6666'ers. :D :D

By the way, keep an eye on this old fools back wheel because that's all you are going to see. :lol:
:lol: :lol: if you can get in front of as that is :lol: :lol:

cheers the 666 rider
ps anyone need a spare 6 i've got one left over
No Pain No Game Man
HTFU

lovemybike

Postby lovemybike » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:56 pm

marinmomma wrote:Sorry to read that we're loosing a few club members :(

I understand the time factor...I don't use my bike to commute, so all my k's are done on the weekend or super early morning rides before going to work!

Still I'm going to give the target a good shake :D

Yep, I'm with you Lisa. Mine will mostly be weekend only once winter starts and my new bike is causing me a bit of pain so I'm avoiding it at the moment :? Don't leave the club! The 10k guys are only stirring :) Ride because you enjoy it not because of the red triangle :)

norbs

Postby norbs » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:07 pm

Mugglechops wrote:
norbs wrote: Also, in winter, I don't really have the best of conditions locally.

You a braver man than me riding Pyree Lane everyday.

Had some moments on there, thats for sure.

This from this mornings ride on the way out of Culburra Beach.