Wear yellow

open topic, for anything cycling related.

Re: Wear yellow

Postby rdp_au » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:00 am

I tend to wear yellow most days, but today's yellow has particular significance.. Well done Cadel, a humble and very deserving winner.
rdp_au

by BNA » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:11 am

BNA

Postby MarkG » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:11 am

Never have, never will.
Sad.
Congratulations on him winning, but nothing worse than non pros wearing a full replica kit, maglia rosa, KOM kit etc.
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"
MarkG

Postby brokenbus » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:27 pm

Got called Cadel more than once on the way to work this morning wearing yellow- but in a nice(ish) way
Cheers
Nicko
brokenbus

Postby Marto » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:49 pm

I got called something else when I was cycling to work this morning. A bloke in a car yelled out something that wasn't "Hey Cadel- good on ya!". Maybe I only heard the last word of them saying "I'm a ------!", because they weren't riding a bike like Cadel.

The only yellow I had was my helmet and HTC cap under it.

So the feel good factor about cycling hadn't extended to that motorist. Just a normal commute for me :roll:
Marto

Postby greyhoundtom » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:56 pm

Wore my yellow short sleeved jersey today at the Fountain Gate shopping centre, through Big W, KMart, Coles supermarket, and the food court. A few sideways glances, but no comments.

The only downside was my wife grumbling at me for refusing to wear a jacket over the top because of the long walk to Fountain Gate through the freezing cold.

I loved every minute of it and never felt cold once, even though I normally never stop whinging whenever the temperature drops below 12 degrees.

Go Cadel you are the man! :D
greyhoundtom

Postby il padrone » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:18 pm

Wore my yellow jersey at work..... all day. It is the MBTC wool jersey, mostly yellow with green and blue. Most people realised what it was all about and reactions were generally pretty positive :wink:
Riding bikes in traffic - what seems dangerous is usually safe; what seems safe is often more dangerous.
il padrone

Postby Christine Tham » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:52 pm

Yellow jacket, pink cycling tights (well, I had to have pink in there somewhere)

Yellow and pink bike (but I think everyone knew that) with yellow tyres.
Weekdays: "Bliss" (Trek Madone 5.2 2012) | Weekends: "Cadel" (self built) | Casual: "Kitty" (Giant Cypress LDS 2009)
Christine Tham

Postby rufus » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:16 pm

I wasn't thinking clearly this morning (been like that for a couple of weeks!?!?!)
I just threw my yellow jersey on for commute.

Coincidence
or
fate :?:

you bloody ripper Cadel & BMC
rufus

Postby roller » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:26 pm

Oxford wrote:Being the network administrator at work, everyone in the office is being forced to have Cadel/Yellow desktop wallpaper, my salute to Cadel.

:lol:

that's so cool :)
roller

Postby Chris249 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:06 pm

I could only find a sort-of-yellow flouro jacket I had taken home by mistake from a factory visit years before. I took the time trial bike as well, as a dual tribute to Cadel taking the win with his TT, and the fact that Cervelo won the teams prize. :D :D :D *

I came across one guy in yellow, but it turned out he was a sailing mate and I don't think the yellow was anything but his normal gear. I'm not into wearing replica gear or anything (I don't understand the replica team wear idea, frankly) but this was a great day for Aussie cycling so I would have thought more people would grab yellow. Why not make something of a day of it?

Did anyone see anyone making an effort to wear yellow on the Sydney inner west commute?

* oh, and of course it rained later and there was the joy of a TT bike and racing slicks in the wet, coupled with not wearing rain gear 'cause it wasn't yellow! :shock:

PS - great work Oxford - can you hack into my work with that screensaver?
There are many types of racing cyclists. There is the sprinter, the rouleur, the stagiaire, the danser, the descender.... sadly, I'm a mediocre. :-(

2003 Cervelo P2K time trial bike
2010 Merida Cyclocross 4
2008 Giant SS/track
2008 Vivente Como roadie
Chris249

Postby roller » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:32 pm

MarkG wrote:Never have, never will.
Sad.
Congratulations on him winning, but nothing worse than non pros wearing a full replica kit, maglia rosa, KOM kit etc.

i notice that your avatar is of the "specialized" variety, by any chance are you a professional forum poster who works for them?

or are you just a fan of the brand and choose to express it in that way?
roller

Postby MarkG » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:32 pm

As a matter of fact I am.
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"
MarkG

Previous

Return to General discussion