ACF Strava Club

Lukeyboy

Re: ACF Strava Club

Postby Lukeyboy » Sun May 11, 2014 10:42 am

jasonc wrote:
Dimma wrote:Don't you have other news JC?
I has a new frame. just need Dimma's credit card so I can buy a 6870 groupset for it
trek domane. will post photos at some stage
If 2k is a bit steep for a groupset what about 105 5800? It's now 11 speed. It's not electric though but still good as you can upgrade later on or overtime :P

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Mon May 12, 2014 3:55 pm

will sell the fuji. that should get close to covering a groupset for me
will be di2 straight away.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Thu May 15, 2014 1:32 pm

Andrew
Andrew

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Thu May 15, 2014 1:38 pm

Even easier - just use digital epo if you are so inclined.

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Tue May 27, 2014 8:36 pm

It's times like these you could get to hate Strava. Last Friday someone took a KOM off me on a crazy steep climb (the final 300m averages 21%), so Saturday i went up there, had a GPS problem so no cigar, back again Sunday and job done with 11 seconds to spare. Fast forward to Tuesday and another bloke (at least someone i know this time) took 2 seconds off the overall segment and 23 seconds off that final 300m :shock: .

Man getting that back is going to HURT...
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Tue May 27, 2014 10:10 pm

Just change your profile gender to female. That'll give you all the QOM's :P

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Wed May 28, 2014 11:30 am

my garmin got a crap load of track points out of whack this morning. any software to easily move a selection of them?

edit: logged a support ticket. segment match was only 28%

snark

Postby snark » Wed May 28, 2014 1:05 pm

jasonc wrote:my garmin got a crap load of track points out of whack this morning.
Which model? My 4-ish year old Edge 500 does that every now and then, although (touch wood) it's been good the last month or two.
jasonc wrote:edit: logged a support ticket. segment match was only 28%
The Strava support folks fixed my "important" segments.

Cheers,
Simon.
Phil Liggett, TdF 2011, Alpe-d'Huez: "I reckon tonight in hindsight he may have won the Tour de France tomorrow."

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Wed May 28, 2014 7:46 pm

ldrcycles wrote: Man getting that back is going to HURT...
Yep i was on the money, damn near killed myself but i've now taken more than half a minute off that segment since saturday :D . I really hope that's it for now, i don't think i'll be able to get more than another few seconds without exploding :lol: .
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Fri May 30, 2014 12:28 pm

ldrcycles wrote:
ldrcycles wrote: Man getting that back is going to HURT...
Yep i was on the money, damn near killed myself but i've now taken more than half a minute off that segment since saturday :D . I really hope that's it for now, i don't think i'll be able to get more than another few seconds without exploding :lol: .
Maybe they'll flag it next - like some people (or rather, person) are doing around my area. Personally I've never touched the flag segment feature. The fact that the feature can be so easily abused to get rid of long standing old segments that are perfectly safe is ridiculous.

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Fri May 30, 2014 1:08 pm

Square em up boaf ;)

silentC

Postby silentC » Fri May 30, 2014 1:33 pm

Haven't flagged a segment but I've flagged a couple of rides that were obviously in a car. Hasn't helped my positions much, but as a computer programmer invalid data is abhorrent :)
"If your next bike does not have disc brakes, the bike after that certainly will"
- Me

CXCommuter

Postby CXCommuter » Fri May 30, 2014 1:40 pm

Had a segment I set up flagged recently- no reason at all- straight clear uphill road approximately 0.5km in length that I use for maximal/sprint efforts and is a good way to measure my progress. Simply set up a new segment.

Almost weekly I see rides clearly done in vehicles when Strava has not been turned off on their phones. I have flagged these ride after giving the person a couple of days to rectify ? bask in the false glory like Lance Armstrong

silentC

Postby silentC » Fri May 30, 2014 1:50 pm

I flagged one the other day that had the bloke doing 101kph in a 90 zone. I should have given it to the cops :D
"If your next bike does not have disc brakes, the bike after that certainly will"
- Me

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Fri May 30, 2014 3:27 pm

CXCommuter wrote:Had a segment I set up flagged recently- no reason at all- straight clear uphill road approximately 0.5km in length that I use for maximal/sprint efforts and is a good way to measure my progress. Simply set up a new segment.

Almost weekly I see rides clearly done in vehicles when Strava has not been turned off on their phones. I have flagged these ride after giving the person a couple of days to rectify ? bask in the false glory like Lance Armstrong
If they keep flagging it, set a private segment.
Xplora wrote:Square em up boaf ;)
Can't be bothered. Whoever created the segments can recreate them again if they want.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:22 am

Has anyone used the download all activities feature from Strava - does it actually lose any information in the process?

Ive got to upload at least my late 2013 and 2014 rides into another site - and I've conveniently cleared away all old activities from the Garmin. :roll:

Ignoto

Postby Ignoto » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:52 am

Only way I've managed to do it is;

Use https://tapiriik.com/#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to sync Strava to Garmin Connect.

Once everything's copied over, use http://www.sideburn.org/garmin/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to pull all the .fit files into a zip!