ACF Strava Club

number21

Re: ACF Strava Club

Postby number21 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:02 pm

hannos wrote:
Yongkun wrote:The Suffer Score is abit pointless, maybe its just for people who wants to show how much they can suffer, try lowering your max to maybe 150.
Apparently, all my rides are in leisure mode, with me churning out 160-170 on hard efforts. :oops:
I tend to agree with you there.
There's a couple rides where it was very tough going due to the weather conditions (headwinds anyone??) and yet as far as Strava are concerned, it was a nice leisurely ride for me...
Yeah, I learnt yesterday that you don't get extra points for riding through hale and horizontal rain.

Although that was more demoralising and more concentration intensive. But if your hearts working harder then its a good indictation your trying harder, right?

I changed my max on strava to the highest I've seen it since I've had my HRM, ~187 from 195 I think, and it made quite a difference to those scores.

A feature that would be good to add would be a way to differentiate between group and solo rides. I guess the suffer score does that a bit.

norbs

Postby norbs » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:14 am

number21 wrote:
hannos wrote:
Yongkun wrote:The Suffer Score is abit pointless, maybe its just for people who wants to show how much they can suffer, try lowering your max to maybe 150.
Apparently, all my rides are in leisure mode, with me churning out 160-170 on hard efforts. :oops:
I tend to agree with you there.
There's a couple rides where it was very tough going due to the weather conditions (headwinds anyone??) and yet as far as Strava are concerned, it was a nice leisurely ride for me...
Yeah, I learnt yesterday that you don't get extra points for riding through hale and horizontal rain.

Although that was more demoralising and more concentration intensive. But if your hearts working harder then its a good indictation your trying harder, right?

I changed my max on strava to the highest I've seen it since I've had my HRM, ~187 from 195 I think, and it made quite a difference to those scores.

A feature that would be good to add would be a way to differentiate between group and solo rides. I guess the suffer score does that a bit.
You can. When you save the ride details it will ask if it was a group ride or a commute.

number21

Postby number21 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:05 pm

There was solo/group/commute/trainer options at one stage, but that doesn't apply to the leader boards though.

norbs

Postby norbs » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:59 pm

number21 wrote:There was solo/group/commute/trainer options at one stage, but that doesn't apply to the leader boards though.

I seem to be wrong. The option for group ride has gone.

Jensen

Postby Jensen » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:45 am

norbs wrote:
number21 wrote:There was solo/group/commute/trainer options at one stage, but that doesn't apply to the leader boards though.

I seem to be wrong. The option for group ride has gone.
I haven't seen the solo/group option since the Strava's upgrade, the commuter option however does factor into a separate leaderboard.

On those leaderboards, is there anywhere you can see club members outside of the top 5?

sblack

Postby sblack » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:30 pm

Jensen wrote:On those leaderboards, is there anywhere you can see club members outside of the top 5?
Not that I've found but I've sent an email suggesting it to the team at Strava along with options to select monthly and yearly time frames. Hopefully they're things that are fairly easily implemented and can be functioning in the near futre. Would be nice to have that ability before we start next years friendly comps, just upload once and have fit gits, commuting and climbing all sorted. If not then I guess we'd need events for each one set up like the KOM Challenge.

DaveOZ

Postby DaveOZ » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:22 pm

sblack wrote: Hopefully they're things that are fairly easily implemented and can be functioning in the near futre.
You'd think so. Once the data is loaded, querying it in any way should be easy. Sadly things seem to take ages to evolve at Stava so keep hassling them.

duke6amer

Postby duke6amer » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:48 pm

Yeah I agree I asked again on a question thread dated back to March 201,1 if they could add an option to select start of week as either Sunday & Monday.
The reply back was we have not looked into this as yet. :(

Mugglechops

Postby Mugglechops » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:22 pm

Whats the go with segments?

Norbs created one today on a section of road I have ridden many times and I don't show up on it :?

Yet when I create my own segment, norbs shows up on it. And the bugger was faster too :twisted: But only until tomorrow :D

norbs

Postby norbs » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:48 pm

Mugglechops wrote:Whats the go with segments?

Norbs created one today on a section of road I have ridden many times and I don't show up on it :?

Yet when I create my own segment, norbs shows up on it. And the bugger was faster too :twisted: But only until tomorrow :D

Which segment Lewy? I don't remember creating one today.

Barto

Postby Barto » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:52 pm

Woo hoo! Just back and found this. I'm in.

Great work sblack.
BMC SLR01
Masi Vincere
Specialized FSR Stumpjumper

Mugglechops

Postby Mugglechops » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:21 pm

norbs wrote:

Hosital climb from today.

sblack

Postby sblack » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:08 pm

It's obvious, Strava just doesn't like you, first you can't upload rides, then it wouldn't let you join KOM challenge, now it just doesn't want to acknowledge that you've ridden a segment, it's really because this is the one segment where you're faster than norbs and it doesn't want you to have the KOM :D
Barto wrote:Woo hoo! Just back and found this. I'm in.

Great work sblack.
Welcome Barto, good to see my friendly 6k rival from across the country joining in :)

norbs

Postby norbs » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:16 pm

Mugglechops wrote:
norbs wrote:

Hosital climb from today.

I actually made that segment last week when I did the 80k ride. Will keep an eye out. I passed a guy on a Pinarello today going up there. I will see if I can upload the video. :)

EDIT: Video as promised.

Mugglechops

Postby Mugglechops » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:48 pm

I have probably ridden it about 4 times since then. I think Shane is right :( except for the part about me being faster than you :D

At least you get to ride it in daylight norbs, I am normally there about 6am. Just in time to say hello to the early morning smoking patients out front of the hospital. :roll:

hosko

Postby hosko » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:34 pm

My first stava/iphone log just made. Our tues/thurs lunch time ride from our work group. Not a bad app.
2013 Malvern Star Oppy Di2

norbs

Postby norbs » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:37 pm

Mugglechops wrote:I have probably ridden it about 4 times since then. I think Shane is right :( except for the part about me being faster than you :D

At least you get to ride it in daylight norbs, I am normally there about 6am. Just in time to say hello to the early morning smoking patients out front of the hospital. :roll:

Have you got it sorted Lewy? I was wondering, when you ride it, do you go into the showground area? When I made the segment, it goes all the way into the showground surrounds. It stops where you can turn left and go to the main entrance.

Mugglechops

Postby Mugglechops » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:56 pm

norbs wrote:
Mugglechops wrote:I have probably ridden it about 4 times since then. I think Shane is right :( except for the part about me being faster than you :D

Have you got it sorted Lewy? I was wondering, when you ride it, do you go into the showground area? When I made the segment, it goes all the way into the showground surrounds. It stops where you can turn left and go to the main entrance.

I just figured it out after looking at your map. I will go through the showground in the morning.

I have given you a target for the one I created too :D

norbs

Postby norbs » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:14 pm

Mugglechops wrote: I just figured it out after looking at your map. I will go through the showground in the morning.

I wonder why I am on yours, Hospital 2, when I go straight ahead?

norbs

Postby norbs » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:54 pm

Imagine being able to post this ride to Strava!

http://wp.me/p1FKOy-3k

:D

mcarrigg

Postby mcarrigg » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:06 pm

norbs wrote:
Ooops...missed the stop sign at the end there... :roll:

hosko

Postby hosko » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:13 pm

norbs wrote:Imagine being able to post this ride to Strava!

http://wp.me/p1FKOy-3k

:D
Norbs that's sensational!
2013 Malvern Star Oppy Di2

norbs

Postby norbs » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:19 pm

mcarrigg wrote:
norbs wrote:

LOL, I was wondering why it took so long for someone to ping me on that. :)

Mugglechops

Postby Mugglechops » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:38 pm

norbs wrote:
Mugglechops wrote: I just figured it out after looking at your map. I will go through the showground in the morning.

I wonder why I am on yours, Hospital 2, when I go straight ahead?

Mine stops before you go around the corner.

Mugglechops

Postby Mugglechops » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:46 pm

mcarrigg wrote:
norbs wrote:

I was thinking what stop sign did he miss, then had to watch it to see :oops: