ACF Strava Club

Baldy

Re: ACF Strava Club

Postby Baldy » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:50 pm

Hmmm not sure if it is me or it just wont fix it.

The blue line is following the road, you can see where the garmin has stopped and started recording. But when I make the file it does not change.

Its annoying because it went wonky on a nice little gravel climb.

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:17 am

AWESOME. Got one of my KOMs back... a long one down a main road in Sydney. Not sure how I managed to keep that average but I guess it's not hard when you are pounding out 45kmh for a lot of it? I think the KOM must have retracted their time?

nickdos

Postby nickdos » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:55 pm

Xplora wrote:AWESOME. Got one of my KOMs back... a long one down a main road in Sydney. Not sure how I managed to keep that average but I guess it's not hard when you are pounding out 45kmh for a lot of it? I think the KOM must have retracted their time?
I only have a handful of KOMs but I find that more than half of the emails telling me I've lost a KOM have been the result of someone leaving their GPS on in their car (massive speeds). So I always check them and flag the rides if I suspect motor assisted times.

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:05 pm

This KOM was a legitimate loss... I somehow managed to storm ahead of some solid local performers (all greens, plus the timing of my rides kinda require those speeds) but I knew I could have gone quicker. Nothing like a motivated rider to set some records though.
Had the pleasure of meeting a gentleman at the LBS by chance and he knew my name from the local leaderboard. I had stolen one of his KOMs, but beaten the old time by 20 seconds :twisted: I then took another 8 seconds off that to improve the KOM and dedicated the ride to him :mrgreen:

Red Rider

Postby Red Rider » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:56 am

Xplora wrote:I then took another 8 seconds off that to improve the KOM and dedicated the ride to him :mrgreen:
oh dear :roll: :lol: the novelty will wear off!

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:56 am

Red Rider wrote:
Xplora wrote:I then took another 8 seconds off that to improve the KOM and dedicated the ride to him :mrgreen:
oh dear :roll: :lol: the novelty will wear off!
no, no it won't

Kenzo

Postby Kenzo » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:52 pm

Has something happened to veloviewer? Did I miss something?

EDIT: - got it: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=62350" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:45 am

40 - 60 kmph steadily southerly blowing all day... KOM's been smashed everywhere... And I just went for a putt putt... Getting old, these days are like big wave surfing!.

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:43 am

toolonglegs wrote:40 - 60 kmph steadily southerly blowing all day... KOM's been smashed everywhere... And I just went for a putt putt... Getting old, these days are like big wave surfing!.
Strava doesn't care if you are sucking wheels all the way to Paris - this isn't the Guinness Book of Records, it's competitive sport :mrgreen:

I did a cracking 116kms yesterday and the Bryton 35 crashed after I rode into the garage :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Trek_Arty took a KOM and I'm sure I beat him on the segment :roll: I won't throw it in the bin just yet, but I can't really have much useful data from a time/distance measurement... don't need GPS for that :x

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:28 am

Xplora wrote: the Bryton 35 crashed after I rode into the garage
what's the saying about buying right and buying once again?

Arty

Postby Arty » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:42 pm

Xplora wrote: I did a cracking 116kms yesterday and the Bryton 35 crashed after I rode into the garage :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Trek_Arty took a KOM and I'm sure I beat him on the segment :roll: I won't throw it in the bin just yet, but I can't really have much useful data from a time/distance measurement... don't need GPS for that :x
Prove it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:54 pm

Trek_Arty wrote:
Xplora wrote: I did a cracking 116kms yesterday and the Bryton 35 crashed after I rode into the garage :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Trek_Arty took a KOM and I'm sure I beat him on the segment :roll: I won't throw it in the bin just yet, but I can't really have much useful data from a time/distance measurement... don't need GPS for that :x
Prove it :lol: :lol: :lol:
I KNOW :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Always next time, no one would ride with me if I was forcing them to chase trophies every time :shock:

Red Rider

Postby Red Rider » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:40 pm

The Android app now let's you view a map as you record. Slightly more tempted to use it now, but don't have a decent mount for my Nexus. And besides, getting lost can be fun :mrgreen:

ni78ck

Postby ni78ck » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:33 pm

i was happy to KOM a segment in centennial park ridden by over 1700 people :D
i was even happier cause i did it solo :D :D :D

Kenzo

Postby Kenzo » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:42 pm

Red Rider wrote:The Android app now let's you view a map as you record. Slightly more tempted to use it now, but don't have a decent mount for my Nexus. And besides, getting lost can be fun :mrgreen:
Not just Android....

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:09 pm

ni78ck wrote:i was happy to KOM a segment in centennial park ridden by over 1700 people :D
i was even happier cause i did it solo :D :D :D
Now if you could just do it on a bike instead of a car :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I've had two Lost your KOM emails that have been restored by the time I logged on again... makes you laugh at just how little difference in speed on HILLS the cars manage.

gretaboy

Postby gretaboy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:09 pm

I just found that one segment of mine, which I have the KOM on, has been flagged as hazardous. This made me smile/laugh. In essence it is hazardous but no more hazardous than a lot of the roads around the Hunter Valley when it comes to cycling.

A vast majority of the country roads here simply dont have any shoulders and the edges of the road have huge holes/breaks/damage to them.

Am hoping that I still get to keep the KOM and that they dont ditch the segment into the "never to be seen again" bin.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:28 pm

Gretaboy: You were probably too quick, so they flagged it hazardous for that reason. :twisted:

I don't have those KOM issues, I'm not quick enough to keep up with the current crop of leaders... G.S is just a bit too fast for me. :oops: Zozza I will deal with, eventually when I start to get my speed back. :lol: (and then get the dreaded email a few days later, probably). :oops:

All good fun. :D

sblack

Postby sblack » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:32 pm

gretaboy wrote:Am hoping that I still get to keep the KOM and that they dont ditch the segment into the "never to be seen again" bin.
The KOM and leaderboard listing on the segment page will dissapear but the segment will remain in your KOM list and I believe it will stay there now even if someone does a quicker time for it.

gretaboy

Postby gretaboy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:36 pm

sblack wrote:
gretaboy wrote:Am hoping that I still get to keep the KOM and that they dont ditch the segment into the "never to be seen again" bin.
The KOM and leaderboard listing on the segment page will dissapear but the segment will remain in your KOM list and I believe it will stay there now even if someone does a quicker time for it.

yeah that has happened..leaderboard gone....so as long as strava is around I will always have at least one KOM against my name ...sounds good lol...might have to flag all the other segments that I have KOM's on as hazardous now hahahahaha :mrgreen:

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:57 pm

g-boaf wrote:Zozza I will deal with, eventually when I start to get my speed back. :lol: (and then get the dreaded email a few days later, probably). :oops:

All good fun. :D
I've decided to start trying to hunt a few more of my local ones that GS hasn't taken - I wouldn't be too keen on taking on Zozza's KOMs though, because he is SUPER quick as well. Check out Toongabbie Hook... 46kmh AVERAGE.

gretaboy

Postby gretaboy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:02 pm

Question: What do I need to join the ACF Strava group on Strava?? who do I ask or request from?

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:08 pm

gretaboy wrote:Question: What do I need to join the ACF Strava group on Strava?? who do I ask or request from?
So if you're already a Strava user then just go to the ACF Club page and join. The passcode is stravabna.

gretaboy

Postby gretaboy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:11 pm

jasonc wrote:
gretaboy wrote:Question: What do I need to join the ACF Strava group on Strava?? who do I ask or request from?
So if you're already a Strava user then just go to the ACF Club page and join. The passcode is stravabna.

thanks..just joined

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:21 pm

gretaboy wrote:
jasonc wrote:

thanks..just joined
great - another comp you'll thrash me on