ACF Strava Club

jasonc

Re: ACF Strava Club

Postby jasonc » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:20 am

Parrott wrote:I need to lose 10 as well but I still wouldn't keep up with the whippets.The weight just wont move though. :x Need to try a 28 I've got a 26 on now, it cant hurt. Not that I've got any climbs anywhere near as long as the ones you've got.
hey parrott - what cassette has a 26?

l45er

Postby l45er » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:37 am

Comedian wrote:
l45er wrote:Thought I'd bust out on my commute this morning to have a crack at grabbing a couple of KOM's along the way which I've held before but have since been bettered.

Got to work thinking I'd done well only to find my Garmin 500 didn't get a satellite lock until around halfway through my ride - needless to say the KOM's were in the first 50%. Oh well, there is always tomorrow...
that's odd. Sure you didn't forget to start it? Or possibly wheel sensor playing up?
Wheel sensor is fine, it was the GPS accuracy that was the issue. It still recorded the distance ridden as normal (~18km) but the first 4km or thereabouts shows me riding through parks and peoples houses, not on the road.

Once I had to stop at a set of traffic lights for a while, it managed to get an accurate lock and the rest of the ride was OK.

Parrott

ACF Strava Club

Postby Parrott » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:57 am

jasonc wrote:hey parrott - what cassette has a 26?
SRAM 1050 or 1070

doggatas

Postby doggatas » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:27 pm

For the hills 6-7% and less, anywhere between 1 and 5km long I find I'm never on a bigger sprocket than the 21 or 23 combined with the 39, the reason I run the 25 apart from bail out gear, is for when I'm on the 53. Any higher on the cassette than 3 from the top is cross chaining. In this config its a 53*21 on a 23 it would be a 53*19.

Being a heavy guy, 88 kegs once the gradient goes beyond 8% and I've planned for it prior to the ride Ill swap the cassette for the 27 and for Mt Wellington, 12km (AT) 9% with some extended periods at 11 and 12% that's when I whip out the custom 30. Although this has now changed since I am running Campagnolo, pretty sure they do a 13-29 which is on my shopping list.

toolonglegs

ACF Strava Club

Postby toolonglegs » Tue May 08, 2012 5:29 am

Can we not manually post anymore or is that just on my phone?... Didn't want my phone to die today so I didn't have strava running for warm up time.
And I forgot to start it for the first stage today, digging phone out of pocket climbing a 4km boss à bloc is fun... :-) .

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Tue May 08, 2012 6:59 am

Did anyone complete the specialized challenge from here? A couple of my mates did. :)

chucknitro

Postby chucknitro » Tue May 08, 2012 8:13 am

Comedian wrote:Did anyone complete the specialized challenge from here? A couple of my mates did. :)
Just did enough to make it :D No way I'll complete this month's challenge 76km/day required :shock:
2018 Canyon Endurance SLX DB 9.0 DI

Rhubarb

Postby Rhubarb » Tue May 08, 2012 8:45 am

toolonglegs wrote:Can we not manually post anymore or is that just on my phone?... Didn't want my phone to die today so I didn't have strava running for warm up time.
And I forgot to start it for the first stage today, digging phone out of pocket climbing a 4km boss à bloc is fun... :-) .
I still can from my pc but not from my iPhone. Annoys me too.

DTdotcom

Postby DTdotcom » Tue May 08, 2012 9:49 am

Comedian wrote:Did anyone complete the specialized challenge from here? A couple of my mates did. :)
I got there with a couple of days to spare but it was very hard, I can now go up Mt Gravatt with my eyes closed.
I think the current one is going to be harder, having only had one 2400 km plus month previously.

520 kms for the w/end and my legs are shot.

D

Comedian

ACF Strava Club

Postby Comedian » Tue May 08, 2012 11:51 am

Dimma wrote:
I got there with a couple of days to spare but it was very hard, I can now go up Mt Gravatt with my eyes closed.
I think the current one is going to be harder, having only had one 2400 km plus month previously.

520 kms for the w/end and my legs are shot.

D
ln hindsight I probably could have done the elevation one... But the twice Nunn one would just take more riding time than I have. I can't do it to the family. :)

DTdotcom

Postby DTdotcom » Tue May 08, 2012 11:53 am

Yep, I agree. I'm travelling OK so far with 34% complete but it's not gonna be pretty if I get it done.

D

Rhubarb

Postby Rhubarb » Thu May 17, 2012 3:09 pm

Rhubarb wrote:
toolonglegs wrote:Can we not manually post anymore or is that just on my phone?... Didn't want my phone to die today so I didn't have strava running for warm up time.
I still can from my pc but not from my iPhone. Annoys me too.

Seems I can manually upload from my iPhone again today. Odd but good.

DavidTomic

Postby DavidTomic » Thu May 17, 2012 3:28 pm

I hit the 50% mark on the Nuun challenge yesterday, so I'm not tracking too badly so far.

The legs are definitely starting to feel it though, so I'm not too sure how I'm going to go with the second half of the challenge.

EDIT: http://goo.gl/hM6bD

DTdotcom

Postby DTdotcom » Thu May 17, 2012 4:57 pm

DavidTomic wrote:I hit the 50% mark on the Nuun challenge yesterday, so I'm not tracking too badly so far.

The legs are definitely starting to feel it though, so I'm not too sure how I'm going to go with the second half of the challenge.

EDIT: http://goo.gl/hM6bD
I'm hearing you David

hosko

Postby hosko » Sun May 27, 2012 9:16 am

Posted my first ride with the new Garmin 500 unit.. lots more fields now filled in Strava!
2013 Malvern Star Oppy Di2

toolonglegs

ACF Strava Club

Postby toolonglegs » Sun May 27, 2012 3:46 pm

Got my first " someone stole your kom " email :-)... And saw for the first time you can mark a section as dangerous.

DavidTomic

Postby DavidTomic » Sun May 27, 2012 8:32 pm

toolonglegs wrote:Got my first " someone stole your kom " email :-)...
I got one of them a few days ago, only to realise after I'd clicked on it that it was set by someone who had left their GPS running and driven through the segment. Grrrrrr. (Flagged it and it was soon fixed, so all good in the end)
And saw for the first time you can mark a section as dangerous.
Yep ... although I believe that you can only do that once you've actually ridden the segment yourself.

DTdotcom

Postby DTdotcom » Mon May 28, 2012 10:03 am

The KOM notification is a really nice feature, not knowing was probably better however.
Knocked off the Nuun challenge yesterday, I found it extremely challenging.

sblack

Postby sblack » Mon May 28, 2012 10:33 am

Dimma wrote:The KOM notification is a really nice feature, not knowing was probably better however.
Well done on the Nuun challenge. I couldn't consider even coming close to that one. Happy to just do 1 stage.

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 2

DavidTomic

Postby DavidTomic » Mon May 28, 2012 11:39 am

Dimma wrote:The KOM notification is a really nice feature, not knowing was probably better however.
There's another notification service which I actually like a lot better, mainly because it'll let you track any person in the top 10 of a particular segment.

http://www.jonathanokeeffe.com/strava/notifier.php

Well done! I'm still languishing it 92% right now. Problem is that I'm losing the last two days of the month because I'm heading interstate.

Leaves me with today and tomorrow to try and knock over another ~190KM. Still touch and go as to whether I'll actually make it I think ...

bosvit

Postby bosvit » Mon May 28, 2012 11:54 am

I set a new best time on a segment I've never ridden in one go. I always turn off into the national park, ride around then come back out onto the main rd and continue on.

Apparently I avg an awe insipirng 17kph on a dead flat segment....

So I rode the segment this morning before work to make it look a bit better :roll:

DTdotcom

Postby DTdotcom » Mon May 28, 2012 11:57 am

That service looks interesting, didn't know about it thanks.

I was down your way last week only managed the one ride, but it was better than nothing.

Ozkaban

Postby Ozkaban » Mon May 28, 2012 12:19 pm

I've tried to sign up for the cycling target thingy, but I never receive the confirmation email once registered.

I can use the forgot password button to get a reset link sent to me and then change the password - this email comes straight away. This logs me in ok for that session, so I've sorted out the config for the sig bar, but if I try to log in again it comes up with account locked.

Thanks for the dev of the site though - very cool and I'll ditch bike journal as soon as I can get everything working smoothly.

Cheers,
Dave

lethoso

Postby lethoso » Mon May 28, 2012 7:01 pm

Some annoying twat made a 5m long segment on a fairly busy road, so a couple of hundred odd people were sharing the KOM. Got spammed with emails for that one for a few days before I marked it as dangerous, problem solved :D

Marshious

Postby Marshious » Tue May 29, 2012 10:13 am

Ozkaban wrote:This logs me in ok for that session, so I've sorted out the config for the sig bar, but if I try to log in again it comes up with account locked.
The registration email may have been picked up by a spam filter?

I set your 1st account to unlocked. Let me know if you can login now. Remember login option isn't working. I wasn't able to track that one down.