ACF Strava Club

ldrcycles

Re: ACF Strava Club

Postby ldrcycles » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:09 am

vosadrian wrote:I partially retract my comment above about giving up on KOM hunting. It was windy at lunch and I could not help myself!! :oops:
:lol:

Dimma wrote:
GeoffInBrisbane wrote:Is it 500 repeats of Mt Gravatt? :P
A few less but yes

You know i'm gunning for that one don't you dimma? :twisted:
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

Wakatuki

Postby Wakatuki » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:22 am

ldrcycles wrote:
Dimma wrote:
A few less but yes

Trouble is Lachy that your Bryton will give you issues and you will have to go 501 times :lol:
or even better 'clear memory' and go again, but you love it don't you, you sicko :twisted: :D

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:12 am

Wakatuki wrote:
Trouble is Lachy that your Bryton will give you issues and you will have to go 501 times :lol:
or even better 'clear memory' and go again, but you love it don't you, you sicko :twisted: :D
PMSL :lol: . And i'd have to make sure to beat him by one second too :D .

celeste boy

Postby celeste boy » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:48 pm

Lost satellite contact and ended up with:

http://app.strava.com/activities/100429825" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm taking the average of 28.6 on the Rig SS!
Maybe it's the Chinese mucking around with things up in the atmosphere. My Strava went berserk after stopping at Mcgee's Cycling store.

Anyone else finding problems.

CB

DTdotcom

Postby DTdotcom » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:55 pm

ldrcycles wrote:
vosadrian wrote:I partially retract my comment above about giving up on KOM hunting. It was windy at lunch and I could not help myself!! :oops:
:lol:

Dimma wrote:
A few less but yes

Good luck, you have the mental strength that's all that's required doing that many reps and a spare day.

DTdotcom

Postby DTdotcom » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:58 pm

celeste boy wrote:Lost satellite contact and ended up with:

http://app.strava.com/activities/100429825" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm taking the average of 28.6 on the Rig SS!
Maybe it's the Chinese mucking around with things up in the atmosphere. My Strava went berserk after stopping at Mcgee's Cycling store.

Anyone else finding problems.

CB
I see someone on my feed almost everyday have massive Garmin/GPS failure

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:50 pm

Just noticed that you cannot delete a weekly progress goal:

https://strava.zendesk.com/entries/2287 ... ress-goal-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How utterly stupid. You can delete your entire Strava account, but deleting something so basic as a progress goal cannot be removed?

celeste boy

Postby celeste boy » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:24 am

g-boaf wrote:Just noticed that you cannot delete a weekly progress goal:

https://strava.zendesk.com/entries/2287 ... ress-goal-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How utterly stupid. You can delete your entire Strava account, but deleting something so basic as a progress goal cannot be removed?
That's just one problem with Strava. I wonder how many people would sign up and pay for the whole membership thing if Strava worked for them properly. I find that every time Strava changes the setup, my access changes and various 'good things' about Strava disappear.
The recent change (download Garmin application) doesn't work for me so I download from the computer.
And they never ask for feedback - otherwise they would know how frustrating the site has become.

CB

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:10 pm

Not long till the Rapha Festive 500 is among us again.This is what I roughly have planned. Might swap a few things around to suit the legs but hopefully they'll be up for it :P

Day 01 - 149km: http://www.strava.com/routes/104166" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Day 02: Rest/Gentle ride somewhere on Christmas Day
Day 03 - 293km: http://www.strava.com/routes/104213" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Day 04: Yet to finalize
Day 05 - 190km: Yet to finalize. Maybe a train trip out to Ipswich and hit up the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail or spend the day cycling around Ipswich/Boonah/Grandchester/Harrisville/Aratula. http://www.strava.com/routes/104763" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (IIRC about 10km of gravel road along Greys Plains Road and 7km of gravel road along Rosewood-Aratula Road - The rest should be dirt free but when you see the views along the route who gives a damn about some dirt)
Day 06 - 307km: http://www.strava.com/routes/104132" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Day 07 - 165km: http://www.strava.com/routes/104183" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Day 08: Yet to finalize
Day 09: Passed out on a floor/couch somewhere :lol: :lol:

Should be a fun little Tour :P If anyone wants to tag along for a ride youre more than welcome to join in. Some of the rides like the Ipswich one should be easy. I've set that ride up for the excellent views in that region rather than the difficulty of climbing them :)

DTdotcom

Postby DTdotcom » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:29 pm

I have an option for you on Day 4 and anyone else in Bris that's looking for kms

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:46 pm

Hence the yet to finalize :P Have you guys thought of a meeting point/time yet? Still Logan Village?

GeoffInBrisbane

Postby GeoffInBrisbane » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:14 am

Lukeyboy wrote:Not long till the Rapha Festive 500 is among us again.This is what I roughly have planned. Might swap a few things around to suit the legs but hopefully they'll be up for it :P

Day 05 - 190km: Yet to finalize. Maybe a train trip out to Ipswich and hit up the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail or spend the day cycling around Ipswich/Boonah/Grandchester/Harrisville/Aratula. http://www.strava.com/routes/104763" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (IIRC about 10km of gravel road along Greys Plains Road and 7km of gravel road along Rosewood-Aratula Road - The rest should be dirt free but when you see the views along the route who gives a damn about some dirt)
To quote JC, STAY OUT OF MY HOOD! :lol:
Veloviewer

MS-DOS Phone. For when you want it done right.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:39 am

GeoffInBrisbane wrote:To quote JC, STAY OUT OF MY HOOD! :lol:
There's no respect around here Geoff. Aren't you meant to be frozen to an armchair or something :D

cancan64

Postby cancan64 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:53 am

I am only doing the Rapha Festive 500 not the 5000 so dont need all those km

Can possibly join in on day 4 or day 5...both will kill me but Dimma's day 4 option is closer to home
“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:48 pm

Dude an imperial century the day after a triple metric? That's gunna hurt :shock: .

GeoffInBrisbane

Postby GeoffInBrisbane » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:10 am

jasonc wrote:
There's no respect around here Geoff. Aren't you meant to be frozen to an armchair or something :D
Something like that. Been out a couple of times here - average speeds tend to decline a lot when there is ice on the roads!
Veloviewer

MS-DOS Phone. For when you want it done right.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:20 am

GeoffInBrisbane wrote:
jasonc wrote:
Something like that. Been out a couple of times here - average speeds tend to decline a lot when there is ice on the roads!
you need one of these

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:36 pm

GeoffInBrisbane wrote:
jasonc wrote:
All you need is some bigger balls :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And studded tires :P

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:35 pm

Looks like I'll be buying a new shirt soon :P

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:40 pm

Lukeyboy wrote:Looks like I'll be buying a new shirt soon :P
i like that shirt. do you have to complete the challenge to buy one (not doing it)?

Ignoto

Postby Ignoto » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:31 am

Dimma wrote:I have an option for you on Day 4 and anyone else in Bris that's looking for kms
I'm definitely interested in a new route!

As I have NFI about the roads outside of the Western suburbs, I'll have to go buy a iPhone 5 handlebar mount if there's a lot of turns :P

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:46 am

jasonc wrote:
i like that shirt. do you have to complete the challenge to buy one (not doing it)?
I think you get a link to buy it after completing the challenge??? Might even be available from the rapha or strava store.

grantw

Postby grantw » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:30 pm

Lukeyboy wrote:
jasonc wrote:
I think you get a link to buy it after completing the challenge??? Might even be available from the rapha or strava store.
Yep it's only available to finishers.

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:59 pm

Riders that complete the Challenge will have the ability to purchase a limited edition Rapha Festive 500 Tee made by Rapha for $40. A link to purchase will be emailed to all finishers on January 6th at 10:00am PT. There will be limited quantities available, so plan to purchase soon after the email arrives in your inbox. The Tee will be available to purchase until 11:59pm PT on January 15th. Orders will ship 2-3 weeks after this purchase window closes.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Lukeyboy wrote:Not long till the Rapha Festive 500 is among us again.This is what I roughly have planned. Might swap a few things around to suit the legs but hopefully they'll be up for it :P
I'm giving it a go as well. :D