ACF Strava Club

open topic, for anything cycling related.

Re: ACF Strava Club

Postby CXCommuter » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:55 am

singlespeedscott wrote:

Funny stuff :lol:


Very good
Image
User avatar
CXCommuter
 
Posts: 950
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:18 am
Location: Perth WA

by BNA » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:07 am

BNA
 

Re: ACF Strava Club

Postby jasonc » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:07 am

I'll be writing that to dimma one day :(
Image
jasonc
 
Posts: 6419
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: ACF Strava Club

Postby TonyMax » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:08 am

wizardhat wrote:I have an irrational desire for the full set :(.

I'd like a lime green one, or maybe orange. I'll make a judgement based on the monthly colour and how financial we are. Irrational? Sure.
Image
User avatar
TonyMax
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:23 am
Location: Northside Canberra

Re: ACF Strava Club

Postby ldrcycles » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:10 am

jasonc wrote:I'll be writing that to dimma one day :(


Don't worry Jason i'll never forsake you :) .
When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments- Elizabeth West.
User avatar
ldrcycles
 
Posts: 7058
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:19 pm
Location: Kin Kin, Queensland

Re: ACF Strava Club

Postby Dimma » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:14 am

jasonc wrote:I'll be writing that to dimma one day :(


It's Ok JC you're safe, it's the ppl that write stupid crap on my profile that don't survive.
Image
Dimma
 
Posts: 702
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:35 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: ACF Strava Club

Postby jasonc » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:33 pm

Dimma wrote:
jasonc wrote:I'll be writing that to dimma one day :(


It's Ok JC you're safe, it's the ppl that write stupid crap on my profile that don't survive.


then I'm really stuffed :mrgreen: :oops:
Image
jasonc
 
Posts: 6419
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: ACF Strava Club

Postby Dimma » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:45 pm

When I said write crap my reference was metaphorically not your literal obsession with toilet sessions.
I culled my follower list down to 500 recently but it's crept back up again.
Image
Dimma
 
Posts: 702
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:35 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: ACF Strava Club

Postby jasonc » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:50 pm

Dimma wrote:When I said write crap my reference was metaphorically not your literal obsession with toilet sessions.
I culled my follower list down to 500 recently but it's crept back up again.



I have stopped adding a lot of people. I use the group memberships to see what they are doing instead.
Image
jasonc
 
Posts: 6419
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: ACF Strava Club

Postby singlespeedscott » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:36 pm

jasonc wrote:I have stopped adding a lot of people. I use the group memberships to see what they are doing instead.

Group memberships?
Image
User avatar
singlespeedscott
 
Posts: 3580
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Elimbah, Queensland

Re: ACF Strava Club

Postby Dimma » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:39 pm

jasonc wrote:
Dimma wrote:When I said write crap my reference was metaphorically not your literal obsession with toilet sessions.
I culled my follower list down to 500 recently but it's crept back up again.



I have stopped adding a lot of people. I use the group memberships to see what they are doing instead.


I think you're talking about ppl you follow?
Image
Dimma
 
Posts: 702
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:35 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: ACF Strava Club

Postby jasonc » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:56 pm

singlespeedscott wrote:
jasonc wrote:I have stopped adding a lot of people. I use the group memberships to see what they are doing instead.

Group memberships?


sorry, "clubs"

Dimma wrote:
jasonc wrote:
Dimma wrote:When I said write crap my reference was metaphorically not your literal obsession with toilet sessions.
I culled my follower list down to 500 recently but it's crept back up again.



I have stopped adding a lot of people. I use the group memberships to see what they are doing instead.


I think you're talking about ppl you follow?


yes, that's what i meant. i have a lot of people following me that I don't follow, but can see their rides in the clubs when i want to have a look
Image
jasonc
 
Posts: 6419
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: ACF Strava Club

Postby singlespeedscott » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:00 pm

I am having that issue as well. I only follow someone if they bother to give me Kudo's for a few rides.
Image
User avatar
singlespeedscott
 
Posts: 3580
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Elimbah, Queensland

Re: ACF Strava Club

Postby Lukeyboy » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:21 pm

singlespeedscott wrote:I am having that issue as well. I only follow someone if they bother to give me Kudo's for a few rides.


Do some more impressive rides then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image
User avatar
Lukeyboy
 
Posts: 2448
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: ACF Strava Club

Postby jasonc » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:31 pm

Lukeyboy wrote:
singlespeedscott wrote:I am having that issue as well. I only follow someone if they bother to give me Kudo's for a few rides.


Do some more impressive rides then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


I get kudos for my lazy commutes - hope it's only for my silly ride titles
Image
jasonc
 
Posts: 6419
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: ACF Strava Club

Postby singlespeedscott » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:58 pm

If someone gets a cup, or does 100km+ or climbs 1000m+ I give a kudos. You've got to have some limits :D
Image
User avatar
singlespeedscott
 
Posts: 3580
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Elimbah, Queensland

Re: ACF Strava Club

Postby toolonglegs » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:46 pm

Just noticed I had a strava stalker the last few days... lost of few KOM's, kept a few, surprised I didn't lose more considering the wind force and the guy is a 21 yr old on a pro license :lol: . He obviously brought back from good form from the Dubai Tour!.
User avatar
toolonglegs
 
Posts: 14657
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:49 pm
Location: Somewhere with padded walls and really big hills!

Re: ACF Strava Club

Postby nezumi » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:33 am

jasonc wrote:
Lukeyboy wrote:
singlespeedscott wrote:I am having that issue as well. I only follow someone if they bother to give me Kudo's for a few rides.


Do some more impressive rides then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


I get kudos for my lazy commutes - hope it's only for my silly ride titles


I seem to get these.

I cut up my knee playing baseball (sliding) on Sunday 16/2. Deep enough that I could see the base of hair follicles, and about 1/2 palm sized.

My first commute afterwards (Tues 25/2) I titled "The ride of Wounded Knee". This seemed popular enough, so the ride home became "Custer's last Trackstand".
2014 Merida Cyclo Cross 4
2015 Merida Scultura 5000
nezumi
 
Posts: 639
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:30 pm
Location: Heidelberg, Melbourne

Re: ACF Strava Club

Postby CXCommuter » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:47 am

My first ride back from a stomach bug was titled "Someone else can drive the porcelain bus now"
Image
User avatar
CXCommuter
 
Posts: 950
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:18 am
Location: Perth WA

Re: ACF Strava Club

Postby ldrcycles » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:38 pm

Someone PLEEASE tell me this climb actually exists :shock:

http://www.strava.com/segments/1614083
When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments- Elizabeth West.
User avatar
ldrcycles
 
Posts: 7058
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:19 pm
Location: Kin Kin, Queensland

Re: ACF Strava Club

Postby g-boaf » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:10 am

ldrcycles wrote:Someone PLEEASE tell me this climb actually exists :shock:

http://www.strava.com/segments/1614083


Walking track or MTB track? Looks seriously tough. :shock:
Giant TCR SL1 / Cervelo P5 Six / Specialized Langster Pro
g-boaf
 
Posts: 4532
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: ACF Strava Club

Postby jasonc » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:22 am

g-boaf wrote:
ldrcycles wrote:Someone PLEEASE tell me this climb actually exists :shock:

http://www.strava.com/segments/1614083


Walking track or MTB track? Looks seriously tough. :shock:


F@#$%^
Image
jasonc
 
Posts: 6419
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: ACF Strava Club

Postby singlespeedscott » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:30 pm

ldrcycles wrote:Someone PLEEASE tell me this climb actually exists :shock:

http://www.strava.com/segments/1614083

Sillyness.
Image
User avatar
singlespeedscott
 
Posts: 3580
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Elimbah, Queensland

Re: ACF Strava Club

Postby Aushiker » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:37 pm

Dave McGraw has an interesting blog posting on Strava segment flagging and Strava heatmaps.

Andrew
User avatar
Aushiker
 
Posts: 20504
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Fremantle, WA

Re: ACF Strava Club

Postby ldrcycles » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:06 pm

There's an off road track i'm going to be heading for in a few weeks with a claimed 73% average grade. Obviously that's incorrect but I got in touch with one of the people who has posed a time on it (and they've agreed to guide me out there :) ) and they confirmed it is pretty much a sheer cliff :D .
When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments- Elizabeth West.
User avatar
ldrcycles
 
Posts: 7058
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:19 pm
Location: Kin Kin, Queensland

Re: ACF Strava Club

Postby anttismo » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:12 pm

73% is what, a bit over 45 degrees? (45 deg is about 71%). Anyway, be a toughie to ride up on anything resembling a normal pushie. Maybe a uni-cycle and enormous leg strength :lol:
Image
User avatar
anttismo
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:53 am
Location: SE Melbourne

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AUbicycles, burger, cp123, darkhorse75, Exabot [Bot], human909, malnar, Summernight



Popular Bike Shops
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Ebay Ebay AU
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK

“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter

> FREE BNA Stickers
> BNA Cycling Kit