ACF Strava Club

jasonc

Re: ACF Strava Club

Postby jasonc » Wed May 29, 2013 9:03 pm

2 crashes this month (first resulting in 8 days off the bike) but finished massive may this arvo. yay for me.

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Fri May 31, 2013 8:01 am

Man the latest Strava app. update is driving me bonkers. It's taken ages to get it download rides, profiles etc. Even when at home in the wifi. Anyone else having issues? By the way I'm using an iPhone 4.

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Fri May 31, 2013 9:11 am

singlespeedscott wrote:Man the latest Strava app. update is driving me bonkers. It's taken ages to get it download rides, profiles etc. Even when at home in the wifi. Anyone else having issues? By the way I'm using an iPhone 4.
I'm In the CBD using 3G and its a bit sluggish but the wifi is still good.

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Fri May 31, 2013 2:04 pm

It's all good. I actually had a look at the STRAVA web page. It's recommended to delete the app. and reinstall. Did that and now everything is back to normal.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Fri May 31, 2013 3:11 pm

jasonc wrote:2 crashes this month (first resulting in 8 days off the bike) but finished massive may this arvo. yay for me.
I was aiming for over 500km this month myself, but will miss it by 60km due the off the other night. I only signed up for the May Massive near the end of may though. Something tells me not to sign up for the challenges, because whenever I do, something happens to me. :lol: Or I could go and do 60km tonight on my other bike with a bandaged up knee. :D I think I've still got the rest of the evening to finish it.

The latest Strava app looks good and I like the new features. But I use a Garmin so I don't require the app to do the uploads, I do those on a computer.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri May 31, 2013 3:16 pm

g-boaf wrote:Something tells me not to sign up for the challenges, because whenever I do, something happens to me. :lol: Or I could go and do 60km tonight on my other bike with a bandaged up knee. :D I think I've still got the rest of the evening to finish it.
don't let me stop you - my crashes were both self induced.

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Fri May 31, 2013 4:56 pm

My legs are gooooooooooooooone...... could also just be fridayarvolegitis :lol: :lol: :lol:

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Fri May 31, 2013 7:31 pm

Lukeyboy wrote:My legs are gooooooooooooooone...... could also just be fridayarvolegitis :lol: :lol: :lol:
Or the stupid number of km's you've been doing :lol:

I managed 1000km for the May massive this arvo. Surprisingly I don't feel to bad.

GeoffInBrisbane

Postby GeoffInBrisbane » Fri May 31, 2013 8:25 pm

Been off the bike for weeks with hip/leg/sciatica issues. :( Managed 474km for the month (down from 1600 in April) and worryingly am still not fixed. No doubt my fitness will be pathetic by the time I finally get going again. SO depressing... :cry:
Veloviewer

MS-DOS Phone. For when you want it done right.

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Fri May 31, 2013 9:00 pm

singlespeedscott wrote:
Lukeyboy wrote:My legs are gooooooooooooooone...... could also just be fridayarvolegitis :lol: :lol: :lol:
Or the stupid number of km's you've been doing :lol:

I managed 1000km for the May massive this arvo. Surprisingly I don't feel to bad.
Haha. I feel like putting the lights on the flat bar and going out for a quick 18km ride to make it an even 200km difference over second place :lol: :lol:

Good work on the 1000km. Plenty of hills to climb up there.

Its interesting to note that 4 of the people in the top 10 for the strava group are from Brisbane. Besides this week the weather has been great here :)

DTdotcom

Postby DTdotcom » Fri May 31, 2013 9:08 pm

My May was not massive, fewest kms in a month ever

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Fri May 31, 2013 9:17 pm

Dimma wrote:My May was not massive, fewest kms in a month ever
Yet you still managed to nearly pump out 1400km :shock:

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri May 31, 2013 9:25 pm

singlespeedscott wrote:
Yet you still managed to nearly pump out 1400km :shock:
that is very light on for Dimma and I don't think he can even blame a broken bike this time...

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Fri May 31, 2013 9:52 pm

GeoffInBrisbane wrote:Been off the bike for weeks with hip/leg/sciatica issues. :( Managed 474km for the month (down from 1600 in April) and worryingly am still not fixed. No doubt my fitness will be pathetic by the time I finally get going again. SO depressing... :cry:
Sucks to hear about that mate. I can't stand it when I'm off the bike for a couple days as it seems like such a waste of a day haha. You'll feel like that after the first couple rides but then it starts coming back and the enjoyment goes back up.

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Fri May 31, 2013 9:57 pm

There's always the Junedoggle though it doesn't have that same ring to it.

GeoffInBrisbane

Postby GeoffInBrisbane » Fri May 31, 2013 9:59 pm

Thanks mate, am looking forward to the first ride even if it's slow. Just don't know when it might be- don't seem to be improving despite physio (and MRI confirming no structural problems), stretching and rest... Kinda hard to stay optimistic.
Veloviewer

MS-DOS Phone. For when you want it done right.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Fri May 31, 2013 10:03 pm

GeoffInBrisbane wrote:don't seem to be improving despite physio (and MRI confirming no structural problems), stretching and rest... Kinda hard to stay optimistic.
Chin up there. :) One of my colleagues at work had some similar sounding issues to you. They ended up giving him an injection into the back with something that had him extreme pain for the next few days (so they stuck him on heavy painkillers) and then slowly it seems to be working. He can sit down and work without pain.

jasonc wrote:
g-boaf wrote:Something tells me not to sign up for the challenges, because whenever I do, something happens to me. :lol: Or I could go and do 60km tonight on my other bike with a bandaged up knee. :D I think I've still got the rest of the evening to finish it.
don't let me stop you - my crashes were both self induced.
Apart from that, I'll blame the dark and the cold. I miss the summer weather - those long evenings with great light. :mrgreen: I used to be doing a lot more kms in a week than I do now.

AndrewW

Postby AndrewW » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:57 am

Free month of premium offered this morning, got to put in your CC details though. I don't really think premium is worth it if you don't use power, but I guess we'll see how it goes.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:08 am

Andywho wrote:Free month of premium offered this morning, got to put in your CC details though. I don't really think premium is worth it if you don't use power, but I guess we'll see how it goes.
the only thing I really like is the HR zones - it tells you how long you spent in each zone....

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:45 pm

My May wasn't much either, first month for this year that I didn't ride over 1000k's....racing at BotB took its toll :|

Finished May with 920.

Another month where Jason has increased his lead :evil:
Lisa

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:20 pm

marinmomma wrote:Another month where Jason has increased his lead :evil:
A month with 8 days where I'd commute but couldn't (6 because of my first crash - doctors orders and 2 for honourable reasons - looking after the sick family)
just think what it could have been.....

gretaboy

Postby gretaboy » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:06 am

Lukeyboy wrote: Haha. I feel like putting the lights on the flat bar and going out for a quick 18km ride to make it an even 200km difference over second place :lol: :lol:

Good work on the 1000km. Plenty of hills to climb up there.

Its interesting to note that 4 of the people in the top 10 for the strava group are from Brisbane. Besides this week the weather has been great here :)
Lukeyboy...your lucky I had more days off in May than I wanted, otherwise you may have had to work a little bit harder than you did...plus I dont ride weekends and if I do it is a rare occurrence

I hope you didnt go and ride that 18 k's...I was late in putting in my last commute :)

Dan

Postby Dan » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:35 am

pffft I see that, and raise you a piddly 239km

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:23 pm

gretaboy wrote:I hope you didnt go and ride that 18 k's...I was late in putting in my last commute :)
Nah, I was too busy carb loading :P

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:29 pm

Dan wrote:pffft I see that, and raise you a piddly 239km
That's only a few km from my longest ride :P