10K PLUS club 2012

norbs

Re: 10K PLUS club 2012

Postby norbs » Sat May 05, 2012 8:36 pm

Mugglechops wrote:Jeez that bloke on the left looks very non pro. That orange bar tape is breaking all the rules :D

I hope you put him in the hurtbox :lol:
Into the hurtbox, then push it down a huge hill. Then kicked it for a while. Opened the lid to throw in a monkey, scorpion and barking shark and closed it for a while longer.

I did manage a Lewy type surprise KOM sprint, although I added some HTFU and did it over speed humps!

TimW

Postby TimW » Sat May 05, 2012 8:41 pm

dq'd on the finish line you forgot to ring the bell :roll: :roll: :roll:

Mugglechops

Postby Mugglechops » Sat May 05, 2012 9:27 pm

norbs wrote:
Mugglechops wrote:Jeez that bloke on the left looks very non pro. That orange bar tape is breaking all the rules :D

I hope you put him in the hurtbox :lol:
Into the hurtbox, then push it down a huge hill. Then kicked it for a while. Opened the lid to throw in a monkey, scorpion and barking shark and closed it for a while longer.

I did manage a Lewy type surprise KOM sprint, although I added some HTFU and did it over speed humps!
I bet you didnt blow up before the line though.

Looked like a great ride will have to tag along next time.

Mugglechops

Postby Mugglechops » Sat May 05, 2012 9:29 pm

RonK wrote:
Well - I guess you haven't been keeping uo with what the pro's are using. This is the team bike of ACCENT JOBS - WILLEMS VERANDAS, as ridden recently in the Tour of Turkey and currently in the Four Days of Dunkirk. :lol:
Yes, its the same KTM that makes great motos.
That's an awesome looking bike. Hopefully would be more reliable than the last KTM I owned :D

bosvit

Postby bosvit » Sat May 05, 2012 11:12 pm

Mugglechops wrote:
RonK wrote:
Well - I guess you haven't been keeping uo with what the pro's are using. This is the team bike of ACCENT JOBS - WILLEMS VERANDAS, as ridden recently in the Tour of Turkey and currently in the Four Days of Dunkirk. :lol:
Yes, its the same KTM that makes great motos.
That's an awesome looking bike. Hopefully would be more reliable than the last KTM I owned :D
Being an ex KTM owner, wouldn't be hard.......

norbs

Postby norbs » Sun May 06, 2012 4:01 pm

My ride report from the ride with Tim.

http://cycling.norbtech.com/2012/05/hel ... ye-sydney/

DTdotcom

Postby DTdotcom » Mon May 07, 2012 2:22 pm

norbs wrote:My ride report from the ride with Tim.

Nice work guys. That was me now following you both on Strava in case you didn't make the connection. DT

TimW

Postby TimW » Mon May 07, 2012 3:08 pm

Dimma wrote:
norbs wrote:My ride report from the ride with Tim.

Nice work guys. That was me now following you both on Strava in case you didn't make the connection. DT
ahh got ya, nice ride today, big one!!!!!

Livetoride

Postby Livetoride » Mon May 07, 2012 4:00 pm

A nice, cold n wet 112k ride on Sunday, took me over the 7k mark so reasonably happy with that, though more needs to be done.

Not having any spare time these days for here though (BNA), which I have to say is good, too many interweb plonkers and thats putting it nicely. I'm slowly but surely seeing why so many people think cyclists are all idiots not that I believe that myself. So many of the people on this forum 'claim' to be right on just about everything, or 'claim' you are wrong or because you or they do this or that you or they are wrong. I don't think I have ever seen so much crap before in my life. It seems to be the general thought (not saying everyone) that if a cyclist was involved in a crash or incident, well then, it must have been the motorist's or ped's fault cause we cyclists are pure as the driven snow. Yes we have the bad ped and cyclist section, but some of the crap I've read and videos I've seen where the cyclist who posted the video brought it on themselves. The other thing I've noticed along with the above, is the in-house bickering and in some cases it leads to full on arguments, like the track standing debate or the lycra or non lycra debate.... seriously, why would you bother criticizing someone so much just because he/she decides to track stand or wear lycra or not wear lycra... Isn't the whole idea and love for cycling, THE RIDE... THE FREEDOM, THE LOVE OF THE GREAT OUTDOOORS, THE FITNESS etc etc... Thankfully the 10k and what I've seen of the 6k clubs are just that, for folks who LOVE TO RIDE.

Anyhow that's me and my hissy fit.

Keep riding and having fun and the world will be a happier place :D :D
Happy Days

TimW

Postby TimW » Mon May 07, 2012 4:19 pm

Livetoride wrote:A nice, cold n wet 112k ride on Sunday, took me over the 7k mark so reasonably happy with that, though more needs to be done.

Not having any spare time these days for here though (BNA), which I have to say is good, too many interweb plonkers and thats putting it nicely. I'm slowly but surely seeing why so many people think cyclists are all idiots not that I believe that myself. So many of the people on this forum 'claim' to be right on just about everything, or 'claim' you are wrong or because you or they do this or that you or they are wrong. I don't think I have ever seen so much crap before in my life. It seems to be the general thought (not saying everyone) that if a cyclist was involved in a crash or incident, well then, it must have been the motorist's or ped's fault cause we cyclists are pure as the driven snow. Yes we have the bad ped and cyclist section, but some of the crap I've read and videos I've seen where the cyclist who posted the video brought it on themselves. The other thing I've noticed along with the above, is the in-house bickering and in some cases it leads to full on arguments, like the track standing debate or the lycra or non lycra debate.... seriously, why would you bother criticizing someone so much just because he/she decides to track stand or wear lycra or not wear lycra... Isn't the whole idea and love for cycling, THE RIDE... THE FREEDOM, THE LOVE OF THE GREAT OUTDOOORS, THE FITNESS etc etc... Thankfully the 10k and what I've seen of the 6k clubs are just that, for folks who LOVE TO RIDE.

You my friend have just said, what i have thought about saying for some time.There I said it lol, I mainly post in this thread now and just read the others, agree with you LTR, and well done on the 7k :mrgreen:

norbs

Postby norbs » Mon May 07, 2012 5:17 pm

Check my blog for the Rules post and the Hurtbox thread. It might tickle your fancy LTR.

TimW

Postby TimW » Mon May 07, 2012 5:59 pm

norbs wrote:Check my blog for the Rules post and the Hurtbox thread. It might tickle your fancy LTR.

http://cycling.norbtech.com/2012/04/rules-dont-matter/
:mrgreen:
http://cycling.norbtech.com/2012/05/hurtbox-matter/
:mrgreen:

oldnewby

Postby oldnewby » Mon May 07, 2012 8:17 pm

well said ltr, and well agreed upon Tim. there we have the double edged sword of forums... everyone gets a say, and has an opinion. I agree tho, what's the point in arguing or saying "this must be done this way".
Anyway, just wanted to voice my furious agreement, and say that they are the main reasons I only "lurk" on the 10k and fit gits thread, and post a bit in the 6k.
Keep up the good work, and the inspirational riding!
"It is the unknown around the corner that turns my wheels"

Wal42

Postby Wal42 » Mon May 07, 2012 10:17 pm

Bloody thanks norbs, now the bloody rules don't matter, fair dickum, now what excuse do I have to wear knicks that don't match the jersey, gloves that match neither, bandana's that match nothing, socks that don't match each other little lone anything that I'm wearing, black bar tape on a basically blue bike, white saddle, mismatched groupo, a Livestrong wrist band, IPod & the absolute worst sin- Time pedals.

Now you tell me the rules don't matter, the why on earth & I wasting my time trying to break every single one every time I ride. Now the next time some guy rides up next to me at after a set of lights (remember those who obey the rules don't have to stop for traffic lights or obey road rules, they are protected by 'the rule force') & informs me "hey you've got odd socks on", now I can't look at him with a stupid look on my face :shock: & say "oh yeah, I didn't notice" :? & watch him ride off shaking his head :roll: , now they won't say zip to me because the rules now don't matter.

Jeez, I'm going to have to find another hobby. :x

Livetoride

Postby Livetoride » Tue May 08, 2012 7:58 am

norbs wrote:Check my blog for the Rules post and the Hurtbox thread. It might tickle your fancy LTR.
Very true mate. Good on ya. Saw a guy out on Sunday morning over taking a group of fully decked out riders who was wearing reg shorts, footy socks and runners. His bike was older and more battered than me and his water bottle was one of those you buy in the news agent. Their faces as he tore past them, cracked me up- ON YA MATE enjoy the ride :D

Four words for so many cyclists - self righteous wanna-b snobs :D :D :D
Happy Days

norbs

Postby norbs » Tue May 08, 2012 3:31 pm

Livetoride

Postby Livetoride » Wed May 09, 2012 7:55 am

norbs wrote:Your honour, exhibit A.

http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewt ... 96#p794696

:roll:
Guilty as charged. 10 years hard Labour :shock:
Happy Days

Wal42

Postby Wal42 » Wed May 09, 2012 6:37 pm

Bring back the rules, I haven't finished breaking them yet.

I enjoy not being a 'real serious rider', I'm never serious especially about cycling, I enjoy doing it too much to do that.

sli123

Postby sli123 » Wed May 09, 2012 11:15 pm

Livetoride wrote:... Isn't the whole idea and love for cycling, THE RIDE... THE FREEDOM, THE LOVE OF THE GREAT OUTDOOORS, THE FITNESS etc etc... Thankfully the 10k and what I've seen of the 6k clubs are just that, for folks who LOVE TO RIDE.

I've also stopped visiting many of the threads on the boards here. Very happy to limit myself to the very positive 10k Plus Club thread. Great bunch of people there who must be way too busy cycling to start arguments or disrespecting fellow cyclists/road users.

I don't visit the 6k Club or Fit Gits threads very often, and I guess I'm missing out on some pretty good stuff.

While I'm thinking of it I would like to nominate Comedian's "Thank you cycling" as the best ever thread I've had the pleasure of reading on this board.

Cheers,

Stuart.

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Thu May 10, 2012 1:46 pm

Well I thought I was out of the 10k club but nooo
The red triangle is firmly in the lead currently but I have car problems so that means BIKE to work. 54-62km round trip depending which way I go. 5 commutes a week is about 8600km and throw in a few weekend rides once my legs stop protesting and should be easy
My car problems are liable to take me quite a few months to resolve, I will find out next week tho just how bad it is, but I'm fearing flywheel = engine removal = expensive.
Today is now the 3rd day I've cycled to work this week and tomorrow as well will take me to over 200km for the week
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

mezla

Postby mezla » Fri May 11, 2012 8:18 am

Edit: Oops, wrong thread!

duds2u

Postby duds2u » Fri May 11, 2012 10:10 am

I'm on my way back. I've had to take it easy with a bung knee for a few weeks, topped off with a crash last Sunday. Things are now looking up and everything is healing . The knee is going to be with me for a while though.

Anyway the good news is today is a red letter day. My new bike is here and I'm getting fitted for it tonight so I'm looking forward to a good ride on Sunday. It's a matt black Specialized Tarmac SL3 and weighs about 3 kg less than my MS Oppy A3. I just might be able to keep up on the long hills now.

Wal42

Postby Wal42 » Fri May 11, 2012 5:19 pm

Sounds nice Duds, your's is here & I'm ordering a new bike shortly. Watch me drop like a stone on the lists, I'm not riding road races anymore, I've decided to go back to riding track, so I'll be commuting but then I'll be training on the fixie, so way less k's.

They're sticking too many hills in every race course, I'm getting to old & too many years of sprinting to keep up on hills these days, just going to ride track & the occasional crit.

Oh & for all the 'experts', I'm putting a rear brake on the training fixie, because my knees are getting too old to do that sort of garbage these days.

duds2u

Postby duds2u » Fri May 11, 2012 9:43 pm

Finished the bike fit and the Tarmac is now home. I'm looking forward to tomorrow morning for the first ride. Too many things got in the way tonight after I picked it up so I still haven't ridden it on the road, only on a trainer while getting the fit done. It looks even better now it's altogether. I'll post pics when I can.

Wal42

Postby Wal42 » Sun May 13, 2012 4:29 pm

It appears the cycling fun-nazi's have killed off not only this page but the whole forum, congratulations, I hope you enjoy the lack of fun you guys experience whilst looking at how super terrific you think you are.

When I ride past you, I'll be the one obeying the road rules, with the non-correct gear & a smile on my face, why a smile? The reason I cycle is because I actually enjoy doing it, the reason I avoid forums is because you seem to have a wish to deny my enjoyment, have your forums, I'll have the roads.

Oh & I've succeeded cycling 10+K this year.