Ah Warney, stick to spin bowling mate.

Nix

Re: Ah Warney, stick to spin bowling mate.

Postby Nix » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:29 pm

hehe yeah, he's getting ripped into... love the power of the people!

briztoon

Postby briztoon » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:42 pm

Does some one have an email address for channel 9. Every time I try and click the link from their Contact Us page I get nothing.

As for Channel 9 "news report", wow what a useless piece of trash. Get serious and ask the question, "did you deliberately hit a cyclist".

I don't take part in Social Media whatever, so far my only action has been to email the Vic police to voice my displeasure at their lack of action against Warnes' (premeditated) actions if he did indeed hit a cyclist with his vehicle.
Last edited by briztoon on Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JV911

Postby JV911 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:43 pm

Addictr3 wrote:Warnes twitter is getting pumped by cyclist! Soo good sucked in Warney you goose.
Chan 9 is airing a story on the "Twitter war" tomorrow. Will be interesting to see where their bias is given they have the TdU...
<---LACC--->
<---BMC SLR01--->

Addictr3

Postby Addictr3 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:51 pm

briztoon wrote:Does some one have an email address for channel 9. Every time I try and click the link from their Contact Us page I get nothing.

As for Channel 9 "news report", wow what a useless piece of trash. Get serious and ask the question, "did you deliberately hit a cyclist".

I don't take part in Social Media whatever, so far my only action has been to email the Vic police to voice my displeasure at their lack of action against Warnes' (premeditated) actions if he did indeed hit a cyclist with his vehicle.
I emailed the ninemsn customer service, they seemed to brush me off and advise I call the Sydney Number; here are the numbers;

Thanks for your e-mail.

Unfortnately ninemsn has no control over the general programming of Channel Nine broadcasts, so we are regrettably unable to say why their coverage of the Tour Down Under is the way it is. We have passed your comments on to Channel Nine for their review, but if you wish to make a complaint directly with Channel Nine please call them directly on any of the following numbers:

Sydney: (02) 9906 9999

Melbourne: (03) 9429 0201

Brisbane: (07) 3214 9999

Adelaide: (08) 8267 0111

Perth: (08) 9449 9999

Hobart: (03) 6228 8999

Darwin: (08) 8981 8888
If you can't explain it simply, then you don't understand it well enough.

Livetoride

Postby Livetoride » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:54 pm

The eye witness has proven he lied and that HE started the abus for no reason well done Pal great work...
Happy Days

briztoon

Postby briztoon » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:57 pm

Livetoride wrote:The eye witness has proven he lied and that HE started the abus for no reason well done Pal great work...
link?

The 2nd Womble

Postby The 2nd Womble » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:09 pm

I'm puzzled by Tracey Gaudry's initial stance when she proceeded to appear on The Project tonight, and is probably who is taking my spot on Sunrise tomorrow morning. Will she also make the Today Show around the same time? So much for not getting involved in the rego debate.
Then the AGF farce that is the proposal - sent to the Man himself(!) - that Warne becomes an AGF Ambassador for the benefit of all?!!!
Take a Reality Pill AGF. Seriously!!!
The only good Cyclist is a Bicyclist

Huge fan of booted RGers who just can't help themselves

KonaCommuter

Postby KonaCommuter » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:17 pm

The 2nd Womble wrote:I'm puzzled by Tracey Gaudry's initial stance when she proceeded to appear on The Project tonight, and is probably who is taking my spot on Sunrise tomorrow morning. Will she also make the Today Show around the same time? So much for not getting involved in the rego debate.
Then the AGF farce that is the proposal - sent to the Man himself(!) - that Warne becomes an AGF Ambassador for the benefit of all?!!!
Take a Reality Pill AGF. Seriously!!!

AGF won’t see a single cent from me ever.
2012 Oppy A4

Livetoride

Postby Livetoride » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:20 pm

briztoon wrote:
Livetoride wrote:The eye witness has proven he lied and that HE started the abus for no reason well done Pal great work...
link?
Sorry for long link am on my phone. Read to the bottom.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-n ... 6246735306

From the story.
An independent witness, who asked not to be named, confirmed the cyclist's version of events.

The man said he saw the incident unfold and was stunned to realise it was Warne in the driver's seat.

"He literally did run over the bike,'' he said.

Warne has denied the claim and said the cyclist had abused him.
Happy Days

master6

Postby master6 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:23 pm

I emailed AGF to ask about the apparent endorsement of registration, and received this response:-

"Hello Jeff,

To respond to your comments, we have received, and appreciate, the contribution by many stakeholders over the past day in relation to cyclist-motorist harmony.

An issue that has been raised in the media is that relating to the merits of introducing compulsory bike/rider registration. The AGF was interviewed by the media, with very pointed questions about registration, and clearly like all media angles, there has been an emphasis on some of the commentary.

For your knowledge, the AGF is not pursuing, or engaging in any debate about registration at this time. There is a view from a small minority that bike riders should pay registration to earn their right to use the road. Registration has nothing to do with ‘having the right to use the road’. Everyone has the right to use the road, in accordance with the Australian Road Rules.

AGF does not propose compulsory bike/rider registration, and is not leading, undertaking or participating in any investigation into registration.

The Foundation is, importantly placing its efforts towards realising a culture of shared respect on our roads that includes and transcends rule and regulations.

With millions of Australians riding bikes awareness, education, regulations and road rules all contribute to a safer environment. Simply put, consciously practising safe, respectful behaviour then becomes second nature. Our “A Metre Matters” campaign is but one example of promoting a simple, safe behaviour, that has reached millions of Australian’s nationally.

We would most appreciate your ongoing support.

Regards,

Tracey Gaudry

p: 03 9533 3184 (direct) | p: 03 9533 3180 (central) | m : 0402 892 681"

Addictr3

Postby Addictr3 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:26 pm

AGF are either lying or have no idea who is typing or reporting what;

From Facebook

Dear Friends of the Foundation,
We have received, and appreciate, the contribution by many supporters over the past day in relation to cyclist-motorist harmony.
An issue that has been raised in the media is that relating to the merits of introducing compulsory bike/rider registration. There is a view from a small minority that bike riders should pay registration to earn their right to use the road. Registration has nothing to do with ‘having the right to use the road’. Everyone has the right to use the road, in accordance with the Australian Road Rules.
AGF does not propose compulsory bike/rider registration, and is not leading, undertaking or participating in any investigation into registration.

The Foundation is, importantly placing its efforts towards realising a culture of shared respect on our roads that includes and transcends rule and regulations.
With millions of Australians riding bikes awareness, education, regulations and road rules all contribute to a safer environment. Simply put, consciously practising safe, respectful behaviour then becomes second nature. Our “A Metre Matters” campaign is but one example of promoting a simple, safe behaviour, that has reached millions of Australian’s nationally.

Thank you all for helping strive to eliminate bike-related fatalities, and to realise safe bicycling in Australia.

Safe bicycling!
Tracey Gaudry, CEO

ME; Sounds like you are participating with that opinion, 6 hours ago · Like.

Amy Gillett Foundation Hi Matthew, The AGF was interviewed by the media, with very pointed questions about registration. The AGF is not pursuing, or engaging in any debate about registration at this time. Behaviour comes first.

Read here for contradiction
http://theage.drive.com.au/motor-news/w ... 1q5k0.html
If you can't explain it simply, then you don't understand it well enough.

sumgy

Postby sumgy » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:36 pm

Here is a left field suggestion.

Stop contributing to this gibberer's minutes of fame.
Sadly the boofhead gets his extra minutes of fame every time his stupid story is repeated on FB, Twitter and every other public forum.

jules21

Postby jules21 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:46 pm

KonaCommuter wrote:AGF won’t see a single cent from me ever.
let's all take a deep breath and refrain from turning on our own, particularly groups who have set themselves up explicitly to make life safer for you. i would agree that AGF's purported comments about rego may have been misjudged, but they've done a lot of good work on all of our behalf and no one should forget that.

Livetoride

Postby Livetoride » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:46 pm

sumgy wrote:Here is a left field suggestion.

Sadly the boofhead gets his extra minutes of fame every time his stupid story is repeated on FB, Twitter and every other public forum.
Good point
Happy Days

stats

Postby stats » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:57 pm

Part of news report from Foxsports website r.e Warne and his current opinions.

Amy Gillett Foundation spokesman David Lee said it was disappointing to see Warne using his profile to inflame tensions between cyclists and drivers.

"Each road user group has a requirement to respect the rights of the other and inflaming the situation whether you are a cyclist or a driver, it doesn't help the issue," he said.

"We'd be really keen to get in touch with Shane through his management to try and help educate him a little further.
"His comments about riding single file for instance, many people don't realise that it is the legal right for a cyclist to ride two abreast.''

Bicycle Network Victoria spokesperson Jason den Hollander said that Warne should be aware of the road rules, and obey them like all other road users.

"As a long time resident of Bayside, he should know the rules. We've been disappointed to see his recent calls for cyclists to ride in single file, as that isn't the law or the safest option,'' Mr den Hollander said.

While Mr den Hollander refused to comment on Warne's latest brush with a cyclist without knowing the specifics of the incident, he said he was disappointed with Warne's overall attitude to cyclists.

"We would expect all cyclists to be good ambassadors for cycling, just as Shane has been for cricket. We hope he could also apply that to other aspects of his public life,'' he said.

PawPaw

Postby PawPaw » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:09 pm

My email to AGF earlier today.

Dear Sir/Madam,

As an avid cyclist and motorist, I have donated money several times to AGF because I thought they did a good job of raising awareness of the vulnerability of cyclists on Australian roads, to the goal of making cycling safer.

It therefore came as a shock to read Tracey Gaudry's comments in the The Age 18/1/12 regarding the need for the govt to re-consider the appropriateness of bike registration.

I had always thought AGF was as well informed as it could be for the position it has adopted, but find it incomprehensible that Ms Gaudrey could show support for registration, when every study before, and every example of it worldwide, emphatically shows Ms Gaudrey is misinformed.

This is not intelligent bike advocacy. The level of debate carried out in the media for years now is unequal throughout the world in its ignorance and acrimony. When Tracey Gaudrey has the chance to say something intelligent, and doesn't, I am left dumbstruck.

I won't be donating to your foundation while the ineffective and poorly informed Tracey Gaudry conflates the issues, and misses the opportunity to put forward pragmatic solutions.

Yours Sincerely

Their reply (same as Master 6's above)

My response later in the afternoon

Dear Tracey,

If you have apparently been misinterpreted by the media, then I'd suggest you review your communication style so that it doesn't happen on an ongoing basis.

In my view too many people in positions of influence such as yours think it is intellectually superior to communicate with an excess of anaemic, fuzzy mollifying diplomacy, too much the luxury for ordinary men and women.

No matter how sensitive an issue is, people in your position need to have the courage to draw lines in the sand on what is acceptable and isn't. The media have shown their moral compass is broken. And political correctness has gone way way too far in Australia, as if those trying to uphold a more orderly society have to apologize for doing so.

As an example, I was in my local state library the other day, to do a bit of reading. I lasted about 15 minutes, because today liberal progressives think libraries should tolerate children screaming and running around playing hide and seek amongst the book shelves.

The same excess of tolerance is what is leading to sociopathic behavior expressed by motorists against cyclists. Just as children in libraries are fuzzy about what is acceptable, so are motorists in relation to cyclists.

For evil to succeed, good men (and women) must do nothing.

Society is going to continue down hill until those of influence have the courage and communication skills to stand up and say clearly, so it cannot be misinterpreted, this is what is right, and this is what is wrong.

It is wrong that drivers think of cyclists as having no right to be on the road.
The AGF should direct their energy into ensuring learner drivers are educated and tested comprehensively about the rights of cyclists.

The overwhelming majority of the commentary on the radio, including Brisbane's local ABC this morning, indicate the majority of complaints about cyclists are from those ignorant about cyclists' rights.

What advocacy is the AGF undertaking to have driver education rectified?

You don't need me to tell you what the issues are, but you should not be even hinting that registration or the exploration of it is an option. All informed stakeholders know it isn't. Where does it all end? with pedestrians having bar codes on their foreheads so they can be reported for walking on shared pathways illegally and dangerously?

And isn't this issue getting out of perspective, when the perpetrators of more serious crime like violent assault occasioning serious bodily harm, and robbing banks have to be identified by height, hair color, and clothing?

Learn from your mistake Tracey. If you didn't know what the media were like before now, you certainly should now. Communicate appropriately.

Yours Sincerely

clackers

Postby clackers » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:26 pm

Tracey, Tracey, Tracey. You've just assisted all those haters.

PawPaw

Postby PawPaw » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:40 pm

I don't agree. this isn't reinforcing fame, rather, infamy. It is a serious erosion of Brand Warne.
Some advertisers might think he could now be held up as the pin up boy for bogans.....maybe......sans the Merc and Ferrari.
Though I think even Bogans think he is a git.
This is really going to screw his ability to make a quid out of endorsements. He has just single handedly re-positioned his brand out of the ball park.

He'd need a hat trick in the Ashes series to rise like Lazarus now.

sumgy

Postby sumgy » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:45 pm

PawPaw wrote:

I don't agree. this isn't reinforcing fame, rather, infamy. It is a serious erosion of Brand Warne.
Some advertisers might think he could now be held up as the pin up boy for bogans.....maybe......sans the Merc and Ferrari.
Though I think even Bogans think he is a git.
This is really going to screw his ability to make a quid out of endorsements. He has just single handedly re-positioned his brand out of the ball park.

He'd need a hat trick in the Ashes series to rise like Lazarus now.
You have obviously never heard the phrase ANY publicity is good publicity then.

gozone

Postby gozone » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:12 pm

He has a point-sort of
the number of tools riding 2 and 3 abrest chatting about what shaving cream they use for their legs amazes me
ride defensively and don't !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !! people who can kill you
the rest is spin but, we do look bad at times as if we own the road which is fine but I prefer to live another day
there you go a bit of balance from a lycra lad!

CommuRider

Postby CommuRider » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:32 pm

il padrone wrote:Criticism of Warne from Cadel Evans' wife, Chiara, on the Herald Sun now.

BTW, please get onto the Herld Sun and bump up the 'no' votes on their bike registration poll. Silly and just a marketing tool I know, but it may have an influence on some people's acceptance (or not) of such stupid ideas.
While @ElizabethHurley just advocated dooring.

Wow. These two are made for each other. I hope she breaks his heart and spits it out where the sun don't shine supposing he had one in the first place.

Advocating the murder of cyclists is fine for these two shallow people. This is a hate crime after all. These people are nasty.
Amateur oenologist and green-friendly commuter.

Kenzo

Postby Kenzo » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:34 pm

sumgy wrote:You have obviously never heard the phrase ANY publicity is good publicity then.
wasn't working too well for Gadaffi ...

Livetoride

Postby Livetoride » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:36 pm

Kenzo wrote:
sumgy wrote:You have obviously never heard the phrase ANY publicity is good publicity then.
wasn't working too well for Gadaffi ...
:mrgreen:
Happy Days

wagr1213

Postby wagr1213 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:38 pm

Malvern Star Oppy A4 Operator

Parrott

Postby Parrott » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:49 pm

Strong legs and a strong mind.