Ah Warney, stick to spin bowling mate.

trailgumby

Re: Ah Warney, stick to spin bowling mate.

Postby trailgumby » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:28 pm

norbs wrote:That made me laugh! You were banging away about Church Ministries in the AGF thread. Get over yourself. Oh, and using non family friendly language to, naughty naughty.
The point of the post was about how boards are far from superfluous and - appropriately chosen - provide significant and often indispensable assistance to an organisation, and to defend the AGF's choice to follow a well-established and appropriate governance model.

Forgive me if I am pleased to have been able to contribute in some (very) small way in the example I provided.

Or are you one of those bigoted types who, as soon as someone who mentions something slightly "goddy" (shock horror, I mentioned the word in public :lol: ) assumes the person must inevitably think they are "holier than thou?" and the merest mention of anything remotely "religious" is "banging on". On what evidence, may I ask?

Yes, I am on a roll. I have had a REALLY crappy week. I have run out of capacity to suffer tools or bigots (not that I was ever great at it), so you can take your attitude and shove it somewhere ... family friendly ;)
Last edited by trailgumby on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

greyhoundtom

Postby greyhoundtom » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:35 pm

stinhambo wrote:Sign the petition...

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/51/inves ... t-and-run/
Done 8)

uncle arthur

Postby uncle arthur » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:50 pm

Signed.
What is it with cycling? 30+ kmh and lycra???!!!

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:53 pm

Signed as well, with comment.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:10 pm

After what happened on the way home this arvo, how could I not?
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:14 pm

@MB, well said. 8)

hitchhiker

Postby hitchhiker » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:28 pm

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before (I only went back 2 pages before losing interest) but bike snob has picked up this story

http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:38 pm

Thanks Gumby. So not happy about any part of that incident but I will not be cowed.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

InTheWoods

Postby InTheWoods » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:40 pm

hitchhiker wrote:I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before (I only went back 2 pages before losing interest) but bike snob has picked up this story

That was pretty funny, but his mention of wikipedia got me thinking.

Why hasn't this latest controversy been added to his wikipedia page yet? :D If someone wants to update it, make sure to keep it factual and state that the facts are currently in dispute.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:49 pm

hitchhiker wrote:I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before (I only went back 2 pages before losing interest) but bike snob has picked up this story

I loved this BSNYC quote after checking ze tveets.
I don't consider myself particularly smart, but I had to watch five hours of quality PBS programming just to get the taste of stupid out of my mouth.
:lol: :lol: :lol: GOLD!
London Boy 29/12/2011

stats

Postby stats » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:16 pm

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/art ... _news.html

SHANE Warne's call for the mandatory registration of bicycles has been dismissed by one of our top road cyclists and the region's top bike safety spokesman.
Team GreenEDGE rider, Leigh Howard, described the spin king's comments as "overkill".

There are some real gems amongst the bogan replys to this article.....

roobab

Postby roobab » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:40 pm

I was nearly run down yesterday morning Thursday 6am by a ute as I was riding to work, and I have cause to believe this was caused by Warnies provocative comments against cyclists,
I henceforth am carrying a big hammer in my backpack.
Seems like we cannot depend on the law to protect us, I therefore am compelled to defend myself and fellow cyclists.

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:52 pm

stats wrote:http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/art ... _news.html

SHANE Warne's call for the mandatory registration of bicycles has been dismissed by one of our top road cyclists and the region's top bike safety spokesman.
Team GreenEDGE rider, Leigh Howard, described the spin king's comments as "overkill".

There are some real gems amongst the bogan replys to this article.....
Bike Safe co-ordinator Barton Van Laar agreed Warne's proposal would be a "logistical nightmare".

"I have no problem with it in principle but in practice it would be far too difficult to administer," he said
Sorry Barton, bugger the practical aspects, I have a huge problem with the basic principle. Cyclists do not require controlling, their transport mode produces bugger all hazard to others. Motor vehicles require controls to curtail the risks of having 2 tonnes of metal careering into people at 100kmh+ :evil:
Mandatory helmet law?
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."

stats

Postby stats » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:01 am

Don't know if this has already been posted but seems to cover all pro's and con's of bike rego..

http://ipayroadtax.com/licensed-to-cycl ... -to-cycle/

"You know who really liked bicycle registration schemes? The Nazis during World War Two."

stinhambo

Postby stinhambo » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:10 am

stats wrote:
"You know who really liked bicycle registration schemes? The Nazis during World War Two."
Godwin's Law is proven again!

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:11 am

Mulger bill wrote:I loved this BSNYC quote after checking ze tveets.
I don't consider myself particularly smart, but I had to watch five hours of quality PBS programming just to get the taste of stupid out of my mouth.
:lol: :lol: :lol: GOLD!
Yep, I liked. :lol:

@hitchhiker, thanks for possting :D

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:17 am

stinhambo wrote:
stats wrote:
Apparently the Chinese like the idea too, I have read news reports where certain suspects were detained on the street becasue their bike registration was not current, and they were discovered to be wanted for other things.

So, given that there are other, current, totalitarian and oppressive regimes out there doing the same thing, this would fall under the exemptions in Godwin's Law. :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

stinhambo

Postby stinhambo » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:05 am

trailgumby wrote:
stinhambo wrote:
stats wrote:
Apparently the Chinese like the idea too, I have read news reports where certain suspects were detained on the street becasue their bike registration was not current, and they were discovered to be wanted for other things.

So, given that there are other, current, totalitarian and oppressive regimes out there doing the same thing, this would fall under the exemptions in Godwin's Law. :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

You cyclists think you own the Internet! Do you have a license to be on it? ;)

norbs

Postby norbs » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:14 am

trailgumby wrote:
norbs wrote:That made me laugh! You were banging away about Church Ministries in the AGF thread. Get over yourself. Oh, and using non family friendly language to, naughty naughty.
The point of the post was about how boards are far from superfluous and - appropriately chosen - provide significant and often indispensable assistance to an organisation, and to defend the AGF's choice to follow a well-established and appropriate governance model.

Forgive me if I am pleased to have been able to contribute in some (very) small way in the example I provided.

Or are you one of those bigoted types who, as soon as someone who mentions something slightly "goddy" (shock horror, I mentioned the word in public :lol: ) assumes the person must inevitably think they are "holier than thou?" and the merest mention of anything remotely "religious" is "banging on". On what evidence, may I ask?

Yes, I am on a roll. I have had a REALLY crappy week. I have run out of capacity to suffer tools or bigots (not that I was ever great at it), so you can take your attitude and shove it somewhere ... family friendly ;)
I was pointing out the fact that you had gone off on a tangent (babbling about something not particularly relevant, read, wasting time), much the same as you had accused others of. Then had the gall to call all of us pathetic!

I am sorry for your loss, but I wont take anyone taking the high moral ground and accusing the rest of the place as being pathetic. Holier than thou much? It had nothing to do with Goddy posts. I have picked that up before, your sig says enough. What you choose to believe in is none of my business, but making sweeping generalisations which are rubbish, I will take you on over.

Now apparently I am either a tool or a bigot. Really, you don't know me and yet you choose to call me names because I pulled you up over a forum post. Classy.

Back to Mr Warne. What ever happened to those kids number plates you used to be able to buy? If I could find them, I would buy all the Shane's and hand them out to cyclists. :D

Bentnose

Postby Bentnose » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:13 am

A lot of motorists drive without registration and if bike registration was introduced it would be the same for bike riders. Saw a lot of letters in the Herald Sun yesterday talking about doing something about these cycling hoons, we already have anti hoon legislation anyway so if any bike rider is caught doing burnouts or driving more than 30kmh over the limit their bike could be impounded for 48 hours (good recovery time after a ride) :)
No signature

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:32 am

Bentnose wrote:.......talking about doing something about these cycling hoons, we already have anti hoon legislation anyway so if any bike rider is caught doing burnouts or driving more than 30kmh over the limit their bike could be impounded for 48 hours (good recovery time after a ride) :)
Or doing any sort of skidding/deliberate traction-loss. That'll get those fixie riders off our roads :P
Mandatory helmet law?

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:39 am

il padrone wrote:
Bentnose wrote:.......talking about doing something about these cycling hoons, we already have anti hoon legislation anyway so if any bike rider is caught doing burnouts or driving more than 30kmh over the limit their bike could be impounded for 48 hours (good recovery time after a ride) :)
Or doing any sort of skidding/deliberate traction-loss. That'll get those fixie riders off our roads :P
I can assure you that I have NEVER tried to brake with a skid or indulged in ANY deliberate traction-loss moves on my fixie! :lol:
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:50 am

ColinOldnCranky wrote:I can assure you that I have NEVER tried to brake with a skid or indulged in ANY deliberate traction-loss moves on my fixie! :lol:
Yeah, but doing donuts........ :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IIb_5Fe ... detailpage[/youtube]

(Thread relevance - spinning :P )
Mandatory helmet law?

notwal

Postby notwal » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:18 am

What on earth is the point of having faux number plates that say "Shane"?
Are you saying "I agree with you Shane. We should be registered"?

I would rather see a jersey with "Beware of Warne" on it or something similar.
What about "Shame Shane shame" or "Who's the KING of SPIN?" or "sWARNE enemy"
judged, insulted, gone

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:19 am

"Stop telling warnies!"
Mandatory helmet law?