Ah Warney, stick to spin bowling mate.

g-boaf

Re: Ah Warney, stick to spin bowling mate.

Postby g-boaf » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:22 am

mikesbytes wrote:
tomtom1 wrote:Warnie caught speeding...good choice TAC?

http://m.theage.com.au/national/from-sp ... 2c9qq.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So much for the safety campaign, seems he will be loosing his license

Shane Warne charged with speeding and faces losing his licence
And flipping out too:

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/war ... 2cblv.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just silly. :roll:

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:47 am

In fairness to the star appeal of Shane, there is a good reason why "live fast, die young" has been such a successful mantra for famous people since the 60s - the ability of most people to keep a level head under extreme scrutiny for years and years and years despite temptations to do something out of character in the public's eyes is almost zero. There are a few people that manage to keep the fire burning without enormous controversy (ACDC comes to mind) but Shane has been under the spotlight for 20 years now. He was bound to do some stupid things. I think he's a prize twit but that's inevitable given how much latitude he is given and how much media exposure he faces. If you die young, you have much less opportunity to ruin your legacy.

What galls me is the decision to pony up with this twit despite poor decisionmaking on Shane's part. I hope the marketing department within TAC (they have one!) is firing the person who thought this partnership was a good idea. If the direction is "who cares, I'm more important to a bunch of sports fans" then they've succeeded admirably, but I believe the general thrust of safety campaigns was to let people know they are not God when it comes to the road or their health or their families. Shane is such a paragon of that kind of arrogance that everyone at the TAC should be ashamed to be associated.

You CAN predict these things. :roll:

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:05 pm

g-boaf wrote:And flipping out too:

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/war ... 2cblv.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just silly. :roll:
Oh dear, pure clarse :roll:
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:25 pm

And banned lol

http://www.news.com.au/sport/cricket/sh ... 6548603163" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

skull

Postby skull » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:56 pm

wow one match ban and $4500 fine.

Hardly a penalty.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:00 pm

Yeah that's a deterrent........not! :roll:

Foo.
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

norbs

Postby norbs » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:28 pm

skull wrote:wow one match ban and $4500 fine.

Hardly a penalty.

And yet he says this...

I'm disappointed at some of my actions last night as captain & as a player,but I'm also very disappointed at the severe penalty I received !

followed up by this....

I am weighing up all my options at the moment & taking some advice..
Update you all soon, thanks for your support, means a lot....

on Twitter.

hannos

Postby hannos » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:03 pm

And on the TAC side of things...

http://www.tac.vic.gov.au/media-room/fo ... d#20130106" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the Record - TAC response to media coverage of alleged speeding charges against Shane Warne - 6 January 2013

The TAC is extremely disappointed that Mr Warne has allegedly been caught speeding. Speeding is unacceptable, particularly at the high level of speed that is alleged.

We know that speeding is a leading cause of road trauma. Choosing to speed shows a complete disregard for other road users and has the potential of killing or seriously injuring someone.

The TAC was not aware of this alleged incident at the time of the launch of the Homesafely campaign. If we had known about the incident, we certainly would not have had Mr Warne involved in the media launch.

Mr Warne did not receive any payment for this one-off appearance. The TAC's partnership is with the Melbourne Stars, not Mr Warne.

The TAC will be discussing the speeding allegations with the Melbourne Stars in light of our partnership.
2010 BMC SLC01

The 2nd Womble

Postby The 2nd Womble » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:51 pm

So if the opposing player had taken to the pitch on a bike Warnie would have got off Scott free? Something to bear in mind for the future maybe.
The only good Cyclist is a Bicyclist

Huge fan of booted RGers who just can't help themselves

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:10 am

hannos wrote:And on the TAC side of things...

http://www.tac.vic.gov.au/media-room/fo ... d#20130106" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the Record - TAC response to media coverage of alleged speeding charges against Shane Warne - 6 January 2013

The TAC is extremely disappointed that Mr Warne has allegedly been caught speeding. Speeding is unacceptable, particularly at the high level of speed that is alleged.

We know that speeding is a leading cause of road trauma. Choosing to speed shows a complete disregard for other road users and has the potential of killing or seriously injuring someone.

The TAC was not aware of this alleged incident at the time of the launch of the Homesafely campaign. If we had known about the incident, we certainly would not have had Mr Warne involved in the media launch.

Mr Warne did not receive any payment for this one-off appearance. The TAC's partnership is with the Melbourne Stars, not Mr Warne.

The TAC will be discussing the speeding allegations with the Melbourne Stars in light of our partnership.
Was TAC also unaware of the Mr Warne's incident with a cyclist? Or is road rage acceptable, where speeding is unacceptable ?
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

The 2nd Womble

Postby The 2nd Womble » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:00 am

Everyone neglects to mention the numerous other offences which have obviously led to him having so few points left to lose, in addition to the countless reports of him being seen driving "briskly" by others over the years.
I must say too that I'm disgusted by the cycling Org's that also backed the promotion who said "give the guy a chance, he's appealing to the most at risk driver age group" until this happened. What's worse than the Transport Accident Compacency ignoring Warnie's cycling incident? Cycling advocates ignoring Warnie's cycling incident!
Anything for more face time on the 6 o'clock news hey?
The only good Cyclist is a Bicyclist

Huge fan of booted RGers who just can't help themselves

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:45 am

The 2nd Womble wrote:..."give the guy a chance, he's appealing to the most at risk driver age group" ...
Surely that age group are too young to think of warnie as a hero.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

twizzle

Postby twizzle » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:10 am

Dunno - he's a bit of a legend for his womanising.

Obviously, there is a teflon coating involved here. I wonder what he would have to do to tarnish the image?
I ride, therefore I am. But don't ride into harm's way.
...real cyclists don't have squeaky chains...

Trev Campbell

Postby Trev Campbell » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:52 am

Be a drug cheat ....... Oh wait that's already happened ........
Great Jens Voigt Quotes:
"I get paid to hurt other people, how good is that?"
"Shut up legs"

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:52 am

Trev Campbell wrote:Be a drug cheat ....... Oh wait that's already happened ........
Nooo, that was Joe the cameraman... :roll:
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:52 pm

Trev Campbell wrote:Be a drug cheat ....... Oh wait that's already happened ........
Yep, he's an adulterous, law breaking, drug taking, disreputable to the sport person through and through. It just goes to show that sport isn't about building character and creating role models, despite what the juniors organisers try and tell you. The instant victory is more important than your dignity, you must leave the field. :idea:

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:57 am

Anyone got a link to the TAC advert he appeared in?
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

hosko

Postby hosko » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:53 am

twizzle wrote:Dunno - he's a bit of a legend for his womanising.

Obviously, there is a teflon coating involved here. I wonder what he would have to do to tarnish the image?
Not teflon coating mate, the skin's just been pulled so tight on his face, everything slides off.
2013 Malvern Star Oppy Di2

human909

Postby human909 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:01 am

Xplora wrote:
Yep, he's an adulterous, law breaking, drug taking, disreputable to the sport person through and through. It just goes to show that sport isn't about building character and creating role models, despite what the juniors organisers try and tell you. The instant victory is more important than your dignity, you must leave the field. :idea:
I like warne. As a cricket player. As a person I've never really had much of an issue apart from his actions and comments as a driver.

He is a di#khead bogan, he has never tried to be anything else. It is the media, and in this case the TAC, that is to be blamed for him being a bad poster child.

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:58 am

Xplora wrote:
Yep, he's an adulterous, law breaking, drug taking, disreputable to the sport person through and through.
Don't forget the gambling fraud as well.
Mandatory helmet law?
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."

greyhoundtom

Postby greyhoundtom » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:22 am

Not bad for a bogan :shock:
Shane Warne net worth: Shane Warne is an Australian cricket player with an estimated net worth of $50 million dollars.