Electronic shifting. Why?

open topic, for anything cycling related.

Re: Electronic shifting. Why?

Postby PawPaw » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:27 pm

qualos wrote:Such a shame some of us tried to provide helpful information and one just tried to argue every point with no actual experience using Di2, troll status in most forums. I am out of this one :arrow:

Helpful information? Did you actually read the manual, or research what Shimano representatives say is required in managing Di2 batteries?
What makes you think I haven't tried Di2? and why is it relevant to the issues I've raised about battery longevity?

No one in this thread has significant experience with Di2 battery longevity, so none of you are qualified to contradict what Shimano says about their batteries, or what Li-ion battery experts say in general about the technology.

It's a pity some lectric heads can't discuss an emotive purchase unemotionally.
PawPaw

by BNA » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:35 pm

BNA

Postby ozzymac » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:35 pm

PawPaw wrote:
qualos wrote:Such a shame some of us tried to provide helpful information and one just tried to argue every point with no actual experience using Di2, troll status in most forums. I am out of this one :arrow:

Helpful information? Did you actually read the manual, or research what Shimano representatives say is required in managing Di2 batteries?
What makes you think I haven't tried Di2? and why is it relevant to the issues I've raised about battery longevity?

No one in this thread has significant experience with Di2 battery longevity, so none of you are qualified to contradict what Shimano says about their batteries, or what Li-ion battery experts say in general about the technology.

It's a pity some lectric heads can't discuss an emotive purchase unemotionally.

Maybe it's because the dribble you keep on posting concerning the battery can be found on just about any battery operated electronic device.

And at least we do actually have first hand knowledge of how the battery etc is actually performing without having to dig up so called facts.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
ozzymac

Postby warthog1 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:38 pm

rkelsen wrote:An outdated one. Most cars haven't had grease nipples on them since the 1970s, and they've been using sealed bearings for decades now. There is literally nothing to grease on any car made in the last 15 to 20 years.

Wheel bearings, cv joints, steering knuckles, sliding yokes on tailshafts, unis....
warthog1

Postby Mulger bill » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:40 pm

Right that's it, I try to politely remind people to settle down and get ignored. BAD IDEA PEOPLE!

I've had enough of this religious claptrap and veiled abuse, thread locked.

More than one of you can think yourself lucky I have to get to bed or I'd be smacking heads. I still might do it if tomorrows review heats my blood again.

Shaun

Late edit, not you warthog.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Previous

Return to General discussion