"The Rules"

DaveOZ

Re: "The Rules"

Postby DaveOZ » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:38 pm

Nice blog Norbs. I thought you'd rant a bit harder about The Rules.

norbs

Postby norbs » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:54 pm

DaveOZ wrote:Nice blog Norbs. I thought you'd rant a bit harder about The Rules.

It was written with tightly clenched teeth. The first draft was very snarky. :)

nickdos

Postby nickdos » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:04 pm

I find the whole "rules" thing fascinating. To me "the rules" is a toungue-in-cheek attempt at defining the limits of the road cycling culture's "cultural norm". Road cyclists (historically) tend to be quite conformist (IMHO) and the "rules" is an attempt at pinning it down. I sometimes have to do a double-take, when I find myself conforming to one of the rules, without thinking about it - the cultural pressure is definitely there. Many of the rules are obviously practical but some have very little practical advantage, which makes it both amusing and interesting - the fact that lots of cyclists follow the non-practical rules, that is.

Another interesting observation, coming from a mountain biking background, is the tendency of MTB'ers to do the exact opposite of the rules, just to be non-conformist. This is just as amusing as cyclists who blindly follow the "rules", regardless of practicality. Thankfully, most cyclists I encounter (roadies and MTBers) don't fall into the blind followers' camp.

norbs

Postby norbs » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:11 pm

nickdos wrote:I find the whole "rules" thing fascinating. To me "the rules" is a toungue-in-cheek attempt at defining the limits of the road cycling culture's "cultural norm". Road cyclists (historically) tend to be quite conformist (IMHO) and the "rules" is an attempt at pinning it down. I sometimes have to do a double-take, when I find myself conforming to one of the rules, without thinking about it - the cultural pressure is definitely there. Many of the rules are obviously practical but some have very little practical advantage, which makes it both amusing and interesting - the fact that lots of cyclists follow the non-practical rules, that is.

Another interesting observation, coming from a mountain biking background, is the tendency of MTB'ers to do the exact opposite of the rules, just to be non-conformist. This is just as amusing as cyclists who blindly follow the "rules", regardless of practicality. Thankfully, most cyclists I encounter (roadies and MTBers) don't fall into the blind followers' camp.

Good points.

Interesting that you say most cyclists you encounter don't fall into the blind followers camp. It seems there are some strict followers down here. And some roadies just refuse to say hello or even acknowledge you. I can feel another blog post coming. :)

khendar

Postby khendar » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:22 pm

I actually went through all the Rules last night. I agree they mostly appear to be tongue in cheek. There actually seems to be some decent advice in there. Rules #10, #20, #63 and #83 for example. I blatantly break a number of the rules, as I have a saddle bag, frame mounted pump and two bottle cages constantly fitted to my bike, never shave my legs, wear SPDs on a road bike, drink cappuccino, order online, leave washer nuts and valve caps on the tubes, and hang my helmet from the hoods. I do have white grip tape, which matches my saddle. And my tyres match my decals. And my seat is higher than my handlebars (though not by the requisite 4cm)

It does seem that some people are slaves to the rules, these are what I like to call twats :)
Last edited by khendar on Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ken Ho

Postby Ken Ho » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:25 pm

^^
It's mainly the fashion ones that I breach.
Oh, and Camelbaks make perfect sense on a road bike in summer here. Out West in January, I regularly rode in temps over 40. Hydration is more important than fashion there.
You have officially become your parents.

__PG__

Postby __PG__ » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:26 pm

khendar wrote:I actually went through all the Rules last night. I agree they mostly appear to be tongue in cheek. There actually seems to be some decent advice in there. Rules #10, #20, #63 and #83 for example. I blatantly break a number of the rules, as I have a saddle bag, frame mounted pump and two bottle cages constantly fitted to my bike, never shave my legs, wear SPDs on a road bike, drink cappuccino, order online, leave washer nuts and valve caps on the tubes, and hang my helmet from the hoods. I do have white grip tape, which matches my saddle. And my tyres match my decals. And my seat is higher than my handlebars (though not by the requisite 4cm)

It does seem that some people are slaves to the rules, these are what I like to call twats :)
All well and good but for the love of god man you simply must remove the plastic disc on your rear hub.
1994 Cecil Walker (now retired)
2013 Baum Corretto
2014 Cell Awaba 1.0

khendar

Postby khendar » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:33 pm

__PG__ wrote:
khendar wrote:I actually went through all the Rules last night. I agree they mostly appear to be tongue in cheek. There actually seems to be some decent advice in there. Rules #10, #20, #63 and #83 for example. I blatantly break a number of the rules, as I have a saddle bag, frame mounted pump and two bottle cages constantly fitted to my bike, never shave my legs, wear SPDs on a road bike, drink cappuccino, order online, leave washer nuts and valve caps on the tubes, and hang my helmet from the hoods. I do have white grip tape, which matches my saddle. And my tyres match my decals. And my seat is higher than my handlebars (though not by the requisite 4cm)

All well and good but for the love of god man you simply must remove the plastic disc on your rear hub.
Haha...until I learn how to properly adjust the RD, the dork disk stays :)

You REALLY want your blood pressure up ? I've still got plastic film on my shifters :P

Daccordi Rider

Postby Daccordi Rider » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:37 pm

Is Shimano allowed under The Rules?
Certified Brand Snob

rustychisel

Postby rustychisel » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:46 pm

Yes, but SRAM is still viewed with deep suspicion...

For the Love of All Things!!! (only kidding) lose the dork disk, drop a couple of spacers under the stem and there appears to be some kind of tropical snake curled around your seatpost.

Daccordi Rider

Postby Daccordi Rider » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:11 pm

rustychisel wrote:Yes, but SRAM is still viewed with deep suspicion...

For the Love of All Things!!! (only kidding) lose the dork disk, drop a couple of spacers under the stem and there appears to be some kind of tropical snake curled around your seatpost.
It's pretty pro to slam your rear derailer through your back wheel!!! 8)

SRAM, rightly so, johnny come latelys. :D
Certified Brand Snob

open roader

Postby open roader » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:28 pm

Capital 'F' Fred here.

I shaved my legs for the summer 2010/11 and looked like even more of a tool than I do with hairy legs..... :lol: Never again..... :roll:

Happy to ride in bright yellow clown costume, no idea if my sunnies are inside/outside my helmet straps..... drink instant coffee........ have a farmer's tan line.... plain tap water in my crappy plastic biddon........ complete Fredantic and loving it.......

Rule # 1 - Enjoy the ride

Rule # 2 - See rule # 1.......

Good thread :D
3rd class cycling is always better than 1st class walking

Nikolai

Postby Nikolai » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:44 pm

open roader wrote:plain tap water in my crappy plastic biddon
Bottle you mean :-) Bidon (accent on a 2nd syllable, which is apparently unknown at the SBS commentating booth) is for wannabe euros.

hannos

Postby hannos » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:45 pm

open roader wrote: drink instant coffee........

I'm sorry, this is unacceptable!
2010 BMC SLC01

humanbeing

Postby humanbeing » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:47 pm

These are the Official Rules Of The Euro Cyclist

from the Facebook page, enjoy
"Euro. It's not an origin or place of manufacturing. It's a style or an essence."

Member Rules:
1. New Members are required to read AND become familiar with rules before posting.
2. Absolutely NO links on the wall (will be ruthlessly enforced)
...See More
General Information
-----------------Endorsed Bikes and Parts-----------------

- Campagnolo (Super Record and Record gruppos)
- SRAM (Red Gruppo) (see rule 22)
- Cinelli Bartape (Official Bartape of the Euro Cyclist)
- THM Carbones Composite Componentry
- Deda Elementi Componentry
- ITM componentry
- 3t Custom Componentry
- AX Lightness Accesories
- Tune Accesories
- Nokon Cables
- Swiss Stop Brakes
- Elite Cages (carbon variant)
- BMC Bicycles
- Bianchi Bicycles
- Eddy Merckx Bicycles
- Pinarello Bicycles
- Stevens Bicycles
- Look Bicycles and Pedals
- Wilier Bicycles
- Orbea Bicycles
- Ridley Bicycles
- Walser Bicycles
- Time Bicycles and Pedals
- Fondriest Bicycles
- Colnago Bicycles
- Pegoretti Bicycles
- Isaac Bicycles
- DeRosa Bicycles
- Jan Ullrich Bicycles
- Lapierre Bicycles
- Cyfac Bicycles
- Tommasini Bicycles
- Lightweight Wheels (for racing)
- Campagnolo Wheels (Boras) (for racing)
- Fulcrum Wheels (for training)
- Corima Wheels (for training)
- Mavic (cosmic carbone series)
- Dugast Tires
- Veloflex Tires
- Challenge Tires
- FMB Tubulars
- Michelin Tires (L. Blue ProRace)
- Fizik Saddles
- Selle Italia Saddles
- Selle San Marco Saddles
- Selle SMP Saddles

---------------------Endorsed Apparel---------------------
- Catlike Helmets
- Las Helmets
- Spiuk Helmets
- Casco Helmets
- Rudy Project Helmets
- Lazer Helmets
- Santini Clothing (Official Clothing of the Euro Cyclist)
- Assos Clothing
- Nalini Clothing
- Capoforma Clothing
- Helly Hansen Clothing
- Rudy Project Eyewear
- Briko Eyewear
- Spiuk Eyewear
- Zero RH Eyewear
- SIDI Footwear
- Time Footwear
- DMT Footwear
- Northwave Footwear

--------------Other Endorsed Products-----------------
- !!! spammer !!!
- Virgin Mobile
- T-Mobile Cellular
- Alfa Romeo Automobiles
- Skoda Automobiles
- Pagani Automobiles
- Lamborghini SpA.
- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes
- Prosciutto Panini
- Playmobil
- Italian branded Espresso (see rule 34)
- Italian Soda
- Brio Beverages
- San Pelligrino Mineral Water
- Gerolsteiner Mineral Water
- Nutella Chocolate-Hazelnut Spread
- Specific Beers (please consult Dom for individual approval)
- Coca Cola (in chilled mini glass bottles)

The Official Rules of The Euro Cyclist,
©2007-2012 Dominic Guiver and Michael Flavell

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

***** -THE OFFICIAL EURO CYCLIST CODE OF CONDUCT- *****

Created by Dom Guiver and Mike Flavell

1. Image and style shall be the primary concerns of the Euro Cyclist. When suffering, one must focus first on maintaining a cool, even composure and second on performance. Winning races is an added talent, and only counts if said Euro Cyclist wins with appropriate style.

2. Training shall be based solely on feel, while racing shall be guided by sensations and instinct: that is to say, “soul.” The Euro Cyclist will never accept tried or tested scientific training methods.

3. The Euro Cyclist shall NEVER, under any circumstances, wear plain black spandex bibs (shorts, regardless of colour are BANNED) or ANY team kit
containing non-prominent logos. Shorts will extend approximately 2/3rds of the way down the upper leg and will contain a compression band at the bottom (distinct in colour). In NO CONDITION shall they extend any further!

4. Legs shall be SHAVED year-round. ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS. Certain hair removal creams are endorsed only on a case-by-case basis. One shall never show up to a race (be it large or small) with ANY amount of stubble visible on one’s legs.

5. A prominent line where one’s kit ends and where one’s deep tan begins is essential to one's image. Artificial tanning is BANNED. The tan shall reflect the level of training commitment.

6. The socks of the Euro Cyclist shall extend to within two (2) cm. of the main bulge of the calf muscle, and shall never extend further than one (1) cm. past said primary calf muscle bulge. All socks SHALL BE WHITE in colour with prominent logo placement.

7. Cycling shoes shall contain at least 80% white!
The following exceptions apply:
i) Colour combinations such as world cup stripes or Olympic gold for which the title has been EARNED.
ii) Shoes which are custom-made for specific riders by companies endorsed by this group. These shoes shall be accessible to the particular cyclist only, and shall follow the preceding rules.

8. If white cycling shoes are not available where the Euro Cyclist resides, white booties (or “shoe covers”) with prominent logos shall ALWAYS be worn. When booties are worn, socks shall protrude approximately seven (7) cm. above the ankle, and shall always protrude at a minimum one (1) cm. from any booties worn.

9. One’s bike frame shall contain between two (2) and four (4) colours IN ADDITION TO WHITE. All colours are acceptable as long as they combine tastefully and elegantly. In addition, wheel selection must also match frame and fork.

10. One shall race only on Campagnolo Boras or Lightweights. Fulcrum Racing One, Corima Aero+ or Zipp (404 or 202) wheelsets are considered stylish enough to be used as training wheels ONLY. Irregardless, ceramic bearings shall be used at ALL TIMES on both training and race bikes.

11. ALL wheels shall be equipped with tubulars, regardless of one’s ability in gluing them.

12. Ridiculously stylish eyewear (see endorsed products list) is to be worn AT ALL TIMES without exception. Glasses are to be worn over helmet straps at all times.

13. Hair shall be kept neatly short, and matching helmet shall be worn (again with prominent logo placement). The helmet shall be predominantly white. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES shall a clashing helmet colour be worn with one’s euro kit. Helmets are not to be worn when venturing indoors AT ANY TIME. It is encouraged that helmets are removed for proper patio etiquette, however, it is still considered acceptable to wear one’s helmet while outdoors on a patio (see rule 34).

14. In certain RARE cases, it shall be deemed acceptable to have long hair. In this event, hair shall be neatly slicked back in a severely euro style, and helmet SHALL NOT be worn. It is IMPERATIVE that rule 12 is followed in these special instances.

15. When riding, sans helmet (with short hair), a team issue cycling cap (white in colour), shall be worn. The bill shall remain in the downward position at all times. The cycling cap may be worn forwards or backwards to coincide with the specifics of one’s current hairstyle. During spring training, cycling toques shall be worn at all times in place of caps.

16. Kits must always be freshly washed, and one shall ALWAYS have applied a subtle quantity of eau de toilette (or “cologne”). It is, AT ALL TIMES FORBIDDEN to ride in an unwashed kit. This is severely detrimental to one’s image.

17. Saddles shall be white in colour ONLY and shall be manufactured in Italy or France. Exceptions may be made in the following cases:
i) Saddles containing World Cup Stripes or Olympic Gold when it is EARNED
ii) Italian flag colour combo when rider is ITALIAN (born in Italy)

18. Handlebar tape is required to be cork as well as WHITE IN COLOUR. Bar tape shall be kept in pristine white condition. This state shall be achieved either through daily cleansing or through frequent replacement. These jobs must NEVER be performed by the cyclist as one must maintain one’s image.

19. All stems must be a minimum of 120mm long and of a rise no higher than -10 degrees. Stems shall be positioned no more than 0.5cm above the top of the headtube. ALL stems shall ALWAYS be oversized, made out of ALUMINUM, and airbrushed in kit/frame colours. In certain cases (Mario Cipollini) it is advised that one airbrush a buxom young woman onto the top of one’s stem.

20. The Euro Cyclist shall ALWAYS have liniment applied to his legs before appearing in public.

21. Facial hair shall be restricted to (at a maximum) a goatee, and even this is discouraged. Moustaches, beards, and any combination thereof are EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED in all instances. Stubble is, however, advisable in virtually ALL euro-situations. It is important to note that this DOES NOT apply to the legs.

22. Campagnolo shall be THE ONLY acceptable component and it is hereby deemed superior to ANY Shimano product in ALL circumstances and situations. The Euro Cyclist is expected to have nothing less than an ENTIRE campy gruppo. Crank substitutions are NOT permitted. There is, however, a case by case exception for SRAM Red, but ONLY due to sponsorship stipulations, or unavailability of Campagnolo components due to international trade disputes.

23. One shall NEVER, under any circumstances, acknowledge the presence of a cyclist riding a bike costing less than 2000€ in ANY public place. This may be severely detrimental to one’s image. If such a situation cannot be helped, it is CRITICAL that the Euro Cyclist regard his “acquaintance” with a patrician mixture of disdain and SEVERE condescension.

24. One shall NEVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, associate with triathletes. This cannot be overemphasized! It is FORBIDDEN to have any number inked onto one’s body before a race.

25. Any physical activity other than cycling is STRONGLY FROWNED UPON. This includes any form of running or swimming and their derivatives (this includes walking). The ONLY TWO other sports with a recognized degree of euro are: cross-country skiing and long track speed skating.

26. Mountain bike gloves are FORBIDDEN in all instances. Cycling gloves shall be slick, white (in accordance with kit), and have minimal padding. Padding will be beige or white in colour. Wearing NO GLOVES is entirely acceptable and encouraged. In the case of a Euro Cyclist wearing a leader’s jersey special gloves shall be made to match the colour of the jersey while simultaneously blending the colours of the team kit.

27. In a circumstance where any cyclist (specifically TRIATHLETE) ever displays aggression or disrespect towards a Euro Cyclist, he is required to ride up uncomfortably close to his foe and slap them in the face with his team issue gloves. In the case of a triathlete, their atrocious bike handling skills will cause them, in all likelihood, to collide with the nearest tree while the Euro Cyclist rides calmly on.

28. In the event a motorist disturbs one’s ride: one shall proceed to ride up beside the car, form a clenched fist and bang the boot of the car while doing one’s best to sound irritated in Italian. Wild arm and head gesticulations are strongly encouraged to help enhance the apparent rage. It is permitted to throw a bottle, if the perpetrator was a commissaire on a motorbike.

29. One shall NEVER rearrange one’s package while riding. Adjustments regarding seating/hanging comfort are to be done in private in order to preserve image.

30. ABSOLUTELY NO FORM of seatbag, frame pump, mud guard or mirror shall come within two (2) meters of one’s bike.

31. Gearing shall be restricted to a titanium Campy Record 11-23 cassette with a ABSOLUTE MINIMUM of 42-53 up front. One must never be seen pedaling at a cadence greater than 90 rpm in order not to detract from one’s calm/smooth factor, or “Suplesse.” The use of 25-toothed cog is acceptable for severely mountainous training situations.

32. ALL BIKES shall feature personalized nameplates next to one’s home country’s flag, located on the top-tube within ten (10) cm. of the seat-tube ON THE DRIVE SIDE ONLY.

33. Pedals MUST be either Look or Time. No other pedals are to be considered. As always, ANY form of Shimano product is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN.

34. Espresso is a NECESSITY and as such it must be consumed normale or ristretto on a patio (preferably in Italy) in full kit; All other coffee shall be brewed strong and taken BLACK. The only milk permitted may appear frothed on top (if at all). The euro cyclist shall, if possible, develop a fondness for the triple ristretto. Consider ordering inconvenient multiples (e.g. a triple or more). The irony of increasing the number of shots pulled while simultaneously decreasing the volume per shot will enhance the experience for all parties involved. Sugar is FROWNED UPON, and in all cases SWEETENERS ARE BANNED. Frothed milk can, on occasion, be acceptable if used to increase the homoeroticsm of the immediate situation.

35. All podium shots (“pictures”) shall be taken while wearing one’s team kit and appropriately matching casual euro shoes (such as special edition Pumas). Socks shall remain within the guidelines above. One is expected to display an appropriate degree of bulge while receiving kisses/trophies. The bulge may vary according to the outlandishness/impracticality of the victory prize (e.g. livestock and/or enormous cheese wheels).

36. All pre- and post-race activity shall be conducted under a gazebo (this includes massages, interviews, seductions, and looking fantastic) leaving one in reasonable distance of the Euro-sun to top up one’s enviable tanlines and pose for photos.

37. Post-race, one shall be tied to one's mobile phone, receiving endless calls from:
i. One’s attractive girlfriend, or
ii. Important ad executives concerning modeling contracts. This shall be done under the protection of the post race gazebo.

38. Team bikes will be built up so that they violate the UCI weight limit in order that weights might be attached to the frame to demonstrate its superiority and lightness.

39. Motivational music during training shall consist of late 90s trance or progressive house, hereby known as 'euro beats.' NO EXCEPTIONS. Velo-Beats is highly recommended by Paulo Bettini.

40. Water Bottles shall be referred to solely as "Bidons" and shall have a volume NEVER EXCEEDING 500ml. Bidons shall always match team/kit colours. It is NOT ACCEPTABLE in ANY CIRCUMSTANCE to leave one’s bidons on the bike for more than ten (10) minutes post-ride OR while transporting bikes via bike rack.

41. Naked black ALL CARBON water bottle cages (manufactured by ELITE CAGES) shall be used on ALL BIKES. Exceptions include:
i) Special edition 24k gold cages, acceptable in certain cases such as photo shoots, prologues or where colour coordination dictates (e.g. gold cage with Olympic gold/white team kit).

42. A gold pendant on a very long, thin chain bearing some form of religious icon is STRONGLY recommended for mountain races.

43. While soloing in for a victory, the euro cyclist is to ensure that his jersey is FULLY ZIPPED and ALIGNED so that all title sponsors are clearly visible. One shall then smile and flex one’s arms while pointing sky-wards. The projection of one’s fatigue is EXPLICITLY FORBIDDEN IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES. "Kill Faces" are inherently not euro, unless the rider is Der Kaiser.

44. When appearing in a photo spread for a sponsor’s products, the Euro Cyclist has the option of appearing fully nude, in team kit, or in a full Brioni three-piece suit (nothing else). Smiling is PROHIBITED in these instances.

45. When appearing in documentaries, one must be seen walking around the hotel in one’s kit at all times. It is also recommended that one constantly be eating something in front of the cameras.

46. When asked "how are you?" while riding the Euro Cyclist must proceed with one of the following...
i. Complain about coming off a sickness
ii. Explain that one is peaking for bigger races later in the season
iii. Mention that this is a "recovery ride"
iv. Explain that one is at the tail end of one’s daily six (6) hour training ride

47. If one feels the urge to relieve oneself during a race, one shall gracefully meander to the back of the pack, seat oneself sideways on the saddle, and pee into the sunflowers. It is the SWORN DUTY of the Euro Cyclist to ensure that no camera crew catches the act, for it could be severely detrimental to one’s image. Under no circumstances shall one dismount from his bike in order to urinate.

48. When climbing anything with a gradient above twenty (20) percent OR lasting greater than four (4) kilometers, the Euro Cyclist shall fully unzip his jersey and let it flutter freely in the wind.

49. When dropping out of
2012 Jim Bundy
1995 Bosevski - Athena
mid/late eighties Colnago Cromor

ausrandoman

Postby ausrandoman » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:00 pm

The current wave of enthusiasm for cycling is the third bike boom I have ridden out. (The first was in the mid seventies, propelled by Peugeot) This boom differs from the last two in the number of middle-aged, middle-management figjam men it attracts. Conformity matters to these guys nearly as much as beating someone. Some of them are baffled when I front up with a rear-view mirror on my helmet and (oh, the horror, the horror) a handlebar bag.

Wade Wallace on Cycling Tips has met some of the blokes behind the Velominati. I asked him if the whole thing was tongue-in-cheek or even an out-right piss-take. His answer was ... noncommittal.

ausrandoman

Postby ausrandoman » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:07 pm

humanbeing wrote:These are the Official Rules Of The Euro Cyclist
...snip...
They forgot one:

To promote equal competition in mountainous terrain, the rider's bicycle purchase budget shall be $1000 for every kilogram of excess fat on the rider's body.

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:34 pm

Mandatory helmet law?
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."

open roader

Postby open roader » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:40 pm

hannos wrote:
open roader wrote: drink instant coffee........

I'm sorry, this is unacceptable!
Gotcha!

open roader

Postby open roader » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:41 pm

Nikolai wrote:
Bottle you mean :-) Bidon (accent on a 2nd syllable, which is apparently unknown at the SBS commentating booth) is for wannabe euros.
Got me !! :lol:

norbs

Postby norbs » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:45 pm

Well I am very surprised to the reaction to my blog post. Mainly positive. Kudos to all of you who agreed. :D

Ken Ho

Postby Ken Ho » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:00 pm

Daccordi Rider wrote:Is Shimano allowed under The Rules?

Yes, but IMSAO, should never be referred to as a "gruppo". Gruppo shall be used to refer to Campagnolo only. Shimano is Group-San and SRAM may be called dude-group or bro-set.
How do I nominate this rule to the Velominati ?
You have officially become your parents.

London Boy

Postby London Boy » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:06 pm

Nikolai wrote:
Does that include Englanders?

Nikolai

Postby Nikolai » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:36 pm

London Boy wrote:
Nikolai wrote:
Does that include Englanders?
These are exempt from the rules. Style is an unknown concept in that land.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:40 pm

Nice one Norbs, more power to you and your orange bartape 8)
I refuse to wear my sunnies on the outside!
Shaun
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011