Bird Vs Sveky

Sveky

Bird Vs Sveky

Postby Sveky » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:23 am

This morning on my morning commute had the misfortune of killing a bird. Well, it flew into my front wheel and got pretty much decapitated by the spokes. Fortunately no damage was done (surprisingly) as it flew in just above the hub..I’m guessing its allot stronger closer to the hub and being bladed spokes It must have cut through the poor little guys neck easly as i got minimal feedback through the bike as he flew into to the spokes.

Still could have been worse.

RIP Bird

sogood

Postby sogood » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:25 am

What a mess it would be! :shock:

I must say that I haven't heard of this being a common occurrence on the net, but I understand that our N American counterpart often encounter suicidal squirrels on bike paths.
Bianchi, Ridley, Tern, Montague and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.

Sveky

Postby Sveky » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:51 am

Wasn’t that messy... heh well i didn’t stop it happened all so fast, all i remember is seeing a bird fly from the left through a fence and straight into my wheel followed by a clunk and a puff of feathers :shock: I turned around to see the bird in a very bad state. :?

sogood

Postby sogood » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:54 am

Didn't even draw blood?

I remember hitting a bird on the Federal Hwy one year whilst driving a rental Tarago. It was a gruesome sight to see streamed blood blown up the windscreen.

tallywhacker

Postby tallywhacker » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:09 am

you're lucky, as sogood mentioned apparently thishappens fairly frequently in the US. So much for bonded forks.

sogood

Postby sogood » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:21 am

Staying on the bird theme. I've recently noticed that ibis in Centennial Park are getting more daring. Just this past Sat while doing my 2x20 in the park in the morning, an ibis flew and landed right in the middle of the road and casually walked across at around 10-15m in front . At the time I was just winding up in preparation for a micro-sprint and was reaching 40km/h. As all can imagine, a nail biting time followed over the next few seconds. I've had similar encounters with pigeons but one can expect to run them over. Not sure the same holds true for an adult ibis. :?
Last edited by sogood on Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sveky

Postby Sveky » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:23 am

tallywhacker wrote:you're lucky, as sogood mentioned apparently thishappens fairly frequently in the US. So much for bonded forks.
Wow heh poor Squirrels :?

Sveky

Postby Sveky » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:24 am

hmm ibis are quite large too... the potential for harm is high :o