Torpedo7 problems?

McPete

Torpedo7 problems?

Postby McPete » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:58 pm

Folks,
I know many of you are quite avid fans of Torpedo7's products and prices, but today, I hesitate to recommend them, or at least the couriers they use.

My order arrived, and this how it came, courtesty of a very rude courier;

I've contacted their sales department regarding this and a sizing issue with the Oakley shorts I bought from there, but I am not overly impressed so far!

Anyone else had a simmilar experience?

Peter

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:05 pm

What was in the box?.Courier is a post office one so I would be complaining to AusPost.I have never had anytrouble with T7,I dont buy much off them as it isn't usually great quality stuff they sell but every so often they get some nice bits at a good price.On the one time they sent me an incorrect size top they replaced it no problem.

singletracking

Postby singletracking » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:07 pm

Errr... I hasten to ask - 'what was in there'?

I take it that it was not OK?

I haven't had any issues with them personally, but I do remember issues with their standard of packing when they first started trading - like a carbon bar being shipped in an unpadded envelope.

Jeremy

Postby Jeremy » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:09 pm

Most of my stuff comes in those satchel things, but the boxes i've received have not arrived looking like that!

Were the contents ok? Most cycling stuff isn't all that fragile.....but you still don't want to see your goods treated in such a way.... :?

McPete

Postby McPete » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:14 pm

In that box was an Oakley Jersey and shorts, a hydration pack and some gloves.

So thankfully, nothing was damaged. However, if I'd recieved a mechanical c component in such packaging, I'd be really letting fly.

stryker84

Postby stryker84 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:55 pm

Yeah, my only order with them, shoes, came through pretty well. Had to pick it up, and both boxes (courier and original) were in good shape.

The end condition is to do with the courier, not T7, take it up with AusPost and let them know their courier is not up to scratch.

Crawf

Postby Crawf » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:05 pm

Am I missing something?

The box is a little out of shape, no biggie!

No tears, no holes, it has come from NZ I assume, so of course its going to be out of shape to a degree?

winona_rider

Postby winona_rider » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:40 pm

yeah - they would probz pack more delicate items in bubble wrap or something. no need to fuss.

Hawkeye

Postby Hawkeye » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:26 pm

I've had boxes turn up in similar or worse condition. In each case the contents were fine, and the both the packing and the box did their job, which is to absorb jolts and protect the contents.

On the two occasions where I've had problems - a HRM didn't work, and the wrong book title shipped, they've been spectacularly easy to deal with.

If you want a nice-looking box I'm sure the local Coles will be more than happy to give you one for free. :wink:

McPete

Postby McPete » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:38 pm

Ok,

I'm getting the impression this is normal for courier services?

Must just be my experiences from work (I'm in the precision instrument trade) telling me that boxes like that mean big trouble.

I'll see what response I get from my email, I basically told them that their courier wasn't up to scratch, and that the box was a bit concerning.

As for the size issues, I've fixed those by means of adjustment.

biftek

Postby biftek » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:54 pm

as stated above , once the parcel leaves the t7 shop its pretty much out of their hands , courier service/transit is at fault

gotten a few packages from t7 no probs, gotten 1 or 2 package from melb (2hrs away) and they have come in the same state looking like they were used as a soccer ball

but really , as long as the contents isn't broken , what difference does it make
Last edited by biftek on Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:57 pm

...bit like transporting camera gear on flights around australia...never know when that rather expensive hire gear is going to come back looking not so expensive!...

kukamunga

Re: Torpedo7 problems?

Postby kukamunga » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:24 pm

Are these the feet.....
that made the box look sheet, McPete?

senator52

Postby senator52 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:52 pm

My Cell order, the box was absolutely trashed. Thing was pratically torn in half. I had tubes, M520 pedals, sunglasses and a few other things I struggle to recall. All the boxes of the tubes were in were ripped, often tubes without boxes and vice versa, pedals had fallen out of box because it was so torn and thankfully the sunglasses had been bubble wrapped etc. Its hard to blame Cell though, Im sure it didnt look like that when it left their end.

McPete

Postby McPete » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:13 am

Kuzamunga, those will be my mother's feet. So I seriously doubt it :P