rustguard wrote:Until the witnesses are named and testimony given its impossible to offer a verdict.
The witnesses have been named and the testimony given, and the USADA has reached it's verdict. Understandably they didn't release this information to you (or anyone else not directly involved) for your considered opinion.
And let me remind you once again of the charges.
The anti-doping rule violations for which Mr Armstrong is being sanctioned are:
1) Use and/or attempted use of prohibited substances and/or methods including EPO, blood transfusions, testosterone, corticosteroids and masking agents.
2) Possession of prohibited substances and/or methods including EPO, blood transfusions and related equipment (such as needles, blood bags, storage containers and other transfusion equipment and blood parameters measuring devices), testosterone, corticosteroids and masking agents.
3) Trafficking of EPO, tes-tosterone, and corticosteroids.
4) Administration and/or attempted administration to others of EPO, testosterone, and cortisone.
5) Assisting, encouraging, aiding, abetting, covering up and other complicity involving one or more anti-doping rule violations and/or attempted anti-doping rule violations.’
Charges 2,3,4 and 5 are more serious than the first, and don't rely on testing. It's these charges for which LA gets a lifetime ban. The first is only worth two years.