Embarrassing Jerseys

warthog1

Re: Embarrassing Jerseys

Postby warthog1 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:06 am

Chris249 wrote:Can't help thinking that many people keep on denying Jim's point about logo-emblazoned kit, without actually proving that it is wrong.

Pretty difficult to prove unless you want to go out and perform a massive survey. Easy to disagree with though. People have indicated why they disagree.
Dogs are the best people :wink:

Semar

Postby Semar » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:33 am

On a similar note, the CFA jersey should be worn by anyone who pays for it and supports the volunteers.

It’s more like our thoughts are thinking us than we are thinking them.

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:51 am

roller wrote: if you have a problem with what someone is wearing, realise it's your problem, not theirs.
And post of the month goes to...... Roller!!!!

In the interest of getting this thread back on topic (who wouldve thought it would degenerate into a what is OK to wear debate. Oh wait...) This is one of my favorites. My wife cringes each time I go out the door in it. I love it, and dont give a stuff what anyone else thinks.

master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.

JustJames

Postby JustJames » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:00 am

Six pages in, and I haven't seen much sign of the OP since he lit the blue touch paper and retired.

I think after some of the twaddle spouted on this thread he's prolly laughed off cycling and taken up lawn bowls. Everybody wears white, so there's no disagreement involved.
My bike blog. Long on rumination, rambling and opinion. Why let facts ruin everything?

http://pedallingcharm.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

flow.rider

Postby flow.rider » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:22 am

Personally I'm not offended by people wearing team jerseys or yellow jerseys or rainbow jerseys or whatever.
I am however offended or perhaps maybe a little embarrassed that some of my fellow humans judge others so harshly for such superficial reasons.

How little some have evolved since the caves.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:31 am

JustJames wrote:Six pages in, and I haven't seen much sign of the OP since he lit the blue touch paper and retired.

I think after some of the twaddle spouted on this thread he's prolly laughed off cycling and taken up lawn bowls. Everybody wears white, so there's no disagreement involved.
you reckon cycling is political? you should try lawn bowls

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:32 am

jasonc wrote:
JustJames wrote:Six pages in, and I haven't seen much sign of the OP since he lit the blue touch paper and retired.

you reckon cycling is political? you should try lawn bowls
Or golf :)
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.

adrian_d

Postby adrian_d » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:55 am

For me i've always found that if you like the colours and pictures go for it.

I had my whole high school of people trying to tease me for being who I am, those are the ones that will struggle to find out who they are later on in life (and may never find out). If its not upsetting the team/club that you wearing then all for it I say.

I've done a few round trips on my Chopper Bicycle and i've had people laugh and comment as i've gone past and your mind wants to listen to what they've said so it will bring your day down but ultimately I just needed to keep riding and enjoy the day I set out.

Anything that contributes to the Support (supporting the team or company) is sure to develop this sport even more. If I had a bike company/team I would love others showing their support by purchasing my jerseys. It can only be positive (unless they get picked up for doing something bad and then it would be " A ------ Jersey'ed Team member has been caught...." when it might not have been really part of that team.
REVISED GOALS FOR THIS/NEXT YEAR
2. Attend 250km Bupa 2014

My Cycling Journey Blog (Needs Updating)

sunho

Postby sunho » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:48 pm

Actually..... still cycling!
Been reading the posts too, and I actually expected more photos and links to horrendous jerseys. I suppose I started badly by referring to wearing a jersey that needs "qualifying" and in that sense its kinda embarrassing after reading the "rules" on velomanati or something.

I think for the cycling enthusiast or for a weekend rider, nobody cares what people wear. Sure, an occasional semi pro rider or someone who wakes up hunting Strava KOMs might scoff and mock you if you were wearing dots or yellow, but it shouldn't matter because it's just another piece of clothing.

Anyway, for me, I'm settled with the dots, I won't be climbing like I won the red and white jersey but I sure as well will try to climb as best as I can. At the end of the day, it just gives me a nice tan line and some smiles here and there but all in good fun as long as you don't mind being judged.

Also saw someone in the yellow jersey having a few laps around parra park getting overtaken by a few club racers, I didn't think it of a big deal at all. So all in all, enjoy the ride, look like you want and feel good about it!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

trainedmonkey

Postby trainedmonkey » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:00 am

I have one these:

Mobile billboard on a zebra print background. :roll: I'm not sure what I was thinking when I bought it... but of course, I still wear it. :lol:

Semar

Postby Semar » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:33 am

The French might have only a third of the words of English, but they do have 'jolie-laide' to describe attractively ugly things as above. :lol: Excellent choice.
It’s more like our thoughts are thinking us than we are thinking them.

adrian_d

Postby adrian_d » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:50 pm

sunho wrote:

Actually..... still cycling!
Been reading the posts too, and I actually expected more photos and links to horrendous jerseys. I suppose I started badly by referring to wearing a jersey that needs "qualifying" and in that sense its kinda embarrassing after reading the "rules" on velomanati or something.

I think for the cycling enthusiast or for a weekend rider, nobody cares what people wear. Sure, an occasional semi pro rider or someone who wakes up hunting Strava KOMs might scoff and mock you if you were wearing dots or yellow, but it shouldn't matter because it's just another piece of clothing.

Anyway, for me, I'm settled with the dots, I won't be climbing like I won the red and white jersey but I sure as well will try to climb as best as I can. At the end of the day, it just gives me a nice tan line and some smiles here and there but all in good fun as long as you don't mind being judged.

Also saw someone in the yellow jersey having a few laps around parra park getting overtaken by a few club racers, I didn't think it of a big deal at all. So all in all, enjoy the ride, look like you want and feel good about it!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
I think the best thing to remember is that someone will be able to have a go at anything you wear, if you wear normal clothes they will say you should wear a jersey, if you wear normal shoes they will tell you to wear cycling shoes, if you wear red SPD cleats they will tell you should wear yellow. Opinions will always vary, the most important one is yours.
REVISED GOALS FOR THIS/NEXT YEAR
2. Attend 250km Bupa 2014

My Cycling Journey Blog (Needs Updating)

JustJames

Postby JustJames » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:00 pm

adrian_d wrote:... if you wear red SPD cleats they will tell you should wear yellow. Opinions will always vary, the most important one is yours.
Yellow cleats?

Only if you're leading the GC in the TdF!
My bike blog. Long on rumination, rambling and opinion. Why let facts ruin everything?

http://pedallingcharm.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:09 pm

JustJames wrote:
adrian_d wrote:... if you wear red SPD cleats they will tell you should wear yellow. Opinions will always vary, the most important one is yours.
Yellow cleats?

the yellow spd-sl cleats have float, the red are the more rigid cleats

JustJames

Postby JustJames » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:03 pm

jasonc wrote:
JustJames wrote:
Yellow cleats?

the yellow spd-sl cleats have float, the red are the more rigid cleats

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:16 pm

JustJames wrote:Image
BAM! Just spat me coffee :lol: :lol: :lol: :D
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

DW260

Postby DW260 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:17 pm

Mulger bill wrote:
Funniest pic I've seen on a forum... We should make a jersey out of it.
Merida 907e Reacto. Fast and comfortable.
Giant XTC 2 29er
Malvern Star Oppy A4

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:07 pm

^^^looks like a rainbow to me :P

ironhanglider

Postby ironhanglider » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:56 pm

What seems to escape a lot of people is that sunho's jersey was a gift. For that fact alone it should be a source of pride for him and every time he wears it he can be reminded of the giver and how much they care.

It kind of reminds me of a scene from a movie when one bloke very proudly showed his mate his "coin collection". At first the mate said that it was only a pile of loose change, which was when the first bloke explained that each of the coins had a significance. "This is the one I got as change when Dad took me to the funfair and let me buy the tickets for a ride", etc.

I can't remember the last jersey that I didn't buy myself. :cry:

One jersey I would consider would be:

Cheers,

Cameron

DW260

Postby DW260 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:29 pm

toolonglegs wrote:^^^looks like a rainbow to me :P
And with that, printed on the back!
Merida 907e Reacto. Fast and comfortable.
Giant XTC 2 29er
Malvern Star Oppy A4

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:44 pm

Mulger bill wrote:

yarravalleyplodder

Postby yarravalleyplodder » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:46 pm

im_no_pro wrote:
In the interest of getting this thread back on topic (who wouldve thought it would degenerate into a what is OK to wear debate. Oh wait...) This is one of my favorites. My wife cringes each time I go out the door in it. I love it, and dont give a stuff what anyone else thinks.

I am with your wife there, thats a shocker and I wouldnt be caught dead in it, but I support your right to be seen in public in that top
2011 Felt F75
2012 Fuji Nevada 2.0

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:04 pm

yarravalleyplodder wrote:
im_no_pro wrote:

I am with your wife there, thats a shocker and I wouldnt be caught dead in it, but I support your right to be seen in public in that top
glad to see we agree on the important bit 8) :lol:

As I mentioned I've never been one to really give a stuff what others think.... Problem is it occasionally gets me into trouble as I have no issues with saying so :twisted:

PA

Postby PA » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:19 pm

DW260 wrote:
Mulger bill wrote:
Funniest pic I've seen on a forum... We should make a jersey out of it.
I am taking orders. :D

Mouse magnet

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:11 pm

Love the coopers bottle on the back PA, it's a nice touch. Just a question, why only 1 ? :D