Why Use CO2 Cartridges?

open topic, for anything cycling related.

Re: Why Use CO2 Cartridges?

Postby DoogleDave » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:39 pm

Well, the CO2 certainly made my life easier today during the ATB ride - after suffering a tack puncture flying downhill.

I used my Lezyne Road Drive mini pump to inflate the tyre to around 20-30psi (which took all of about 5 seconds) and then used the CO2 to inflate back up to around 120psi.

I noticed so many people on the side of the road repairing punctures today and it would be interesting to know what percentage of them used CO2 to re-inflate.
I think the percentage would be very high.

Dave
2012 Felt F75 | 105 | ProLite Braccianos | GP4000S
DoogleDave

by BNA » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:44 pm

BNA

Postby JustJames » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:44 pm

I carry a metal pump and a CO2 inflator.

I use the CO2 to re-inflate if I have a puncture.

The pump is also useful. I use that to prod any busybody who queries my decisions about my choice of equipment and technique until they go away.

After all, I don't criticise their funny looking bicycle, sandals or beard, so why are they being critical of how I choose to reinflate my tyres?
My bike blog. Long on rumination, rambling and opinion. Why let facts ruin everything?

http://pedallingcharm.wordpress.com/
JustJames

Postby OppyA5 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:49 pm

There are a great invention and the pump combo is even better. I just wish riders would put the spent cylinders in their jersey pockets and take them home to recycle rather than chuck them in the gutter as I have seen in Adelaide lots of times. :mrgreen:
OppyA5

Postby Ozkaban » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:54 pm

JustJames wrote:...
The pump is also useful. I use that to prod any busybody who queries my decisions about my choice of equipment and technique until they go away.

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Best post so far :cool:
Ozkaban

Postby kayrehn » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:06 pm

They are very much necessary for tubular users who needs higher pressure that mini pumps cannot reach.
kayrehn

Postby winstonw » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:45 pm

Ozkaban wrote:
JustJames wrote:...

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Best post so far :cool:

my pump seconds as an AMAD (anti-magpie attack device), and ADAD ( " -dog " ") :D
the good thing about a pump though is you don't discredit yourself by stopping and offering to help others with a flat tire.
winstonw

Previous

Return to General discussion