First tumble....

15wilsonwu

Re: First tumble....

Postby 15wilsonwu » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:16 pm

uncle arthur wrote:The question is have you fallen off since?

If not then you learned your lesson :)

In the end - gravity works :mrgreen:
I dont think I ever cornered properly after falling :?
Everytime i turn into a corner, my mind just convinces me i'm gonna fail last time :cry:
So right now, im just sitting here waiting for my new tyres (GP4000s), It probably wouldnt do much but it does boost confidence.
2015 BMC TimeMachine TMR02
- Ultegra 6800
- Shimano RS31

15wilsonwu

Postby 15wilsonwu » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:22 pm

Beautiful! The young ladies should be all over you now!

It'll eventually clear up, but you'll still see it. I've got a good one on my right knee as well from over a year ago.
Even if I have a lisp? :P
- Ultegra 6800
- Shimano RS31

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:43 pm

foo on patrol wrote:Was that a slip Shaun? ^^

Foo
Not me Foo, just a G image search.

I tried for years to get one the honourable way without luck so in the end, I went to see a mate who does ink tatts and got me avatar on the right calf. He did a great job. I also discovered that calf tatts hurt more than any other part of the body I've had done. :o

Shaun
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

15wilsonwu

Postby 15wilsonwu » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:56 am

This is what it looks like now...
- Ultegra 6800
- Shimano RS31

15wilsonwu

Postby 15wilsonwu » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:58 am

http://s1321.photobucket.com/user/15wil ... sort=3&o=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pic didnt work on my ipad, so heres the link.
- Ultegra 6800
- Shimano RS31

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:54 pm

That will go down a fair bit over the next 20yrs! :mrgreen:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

dougalh

Postby dougalh » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:21 pm

Join the club mate.
I did the same, cornered too fast on my way to school.
Left knee right elbow too!

Luckily the shop owner of the shop ride I go with saturday morning was passing and made sure I'd be alright to get back to school and hadn't broken anything. Rolled slowly to school but it was too much for the nurse to fix. Even luckier is the fact my school is across the road from the kids hospital so I hobbled over to get stitched up, xrayed and bandaged. Count yourself lucky :P

15wilsonwu

Postby 15wilsonwu » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:44 pm

dougalh wrote:Image
Join the club mate.
I did the same, cornered too fast on my way to school.
Left knee right elbow too!

Luckily the shop owner of the shop ride I go with saturday morning was passing and made sure I'd be alright to get back to school and hadn't broken anything. Rolled slowly to school but it was too much for the nurse to fix. Even luckier is the fact my school is across the road from the kids hospital so I hobbled over to get stitched up, xrayed and bandaged. Count yourself lucky :P
Oooo, looks pretty nasty
- Ultegra 6800
- Shimano RS31

Petee

Postby Petee » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:11 pm

I don't remember ever falling off a bike, just that one time a year ago when I was offroad on loose pebbles and I decided it would be smart to tackle the corner standing up, pushing with all my strength. lol rear end slid out 90 degrees and i fell on my side.

15wilsonwu

Postby 15wilsonwu » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:47 pm

what were you thinking? haha :lol:

btw, does pawpaw cream get rid of scars?
- Ultegra 6800
- Shimano RS31

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:02 am

Vitamin E is best unless it was your face, I wouldn't worry to much mate,because they will fade over time. :)

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

15wilsonwu

Postby 15wilsonwu » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:52 pm

It seems what I have acquired is a keloid scar. According to the internets, it has to be surgically removed or it won't bugger :(
- Ultegra 6800
- Shimano RS31

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:10 pm

Yep I've got one of those on my elbow, fairly minor scratch in a crash a year or 2 back but it was in winter and long sleeves + healing scar + sweat= improper healing. I'm used to it now so I wouldn't bother getting it cut off. Most people are more bothered by the missing teeth anyway :lol: .
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

15wilsonwu

Postby 15wilsonwu » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:12 pm

ldrcycles wrote:Yep I've got one of those on my elbow, fairly minor scratch in a crash a year or 2 back but it was in winter and long sleeves + healing scar + sweat= improper healing. I'm used to it now so I wouldn't bother getting it cut off. Most people are more bothered by the missing teeth anyway :lol: .
Guess knocking a tooth out is the way to go :lol:
- Ultegra 6800
- Shimano RS31

ironhanglider

Postby ironhanglider » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:39 pm

Keloid scars can't be 'cut out' because that will leave a wound which will heal with another keloid scar. What they do is minimise it by removing as much of the tissue within the boundaries of the existing scar and drag the edges together to make the scar smaller.

The good news is that they can reduce over time (years not weeks) and faster at extremities rather than the core.

My wife has a keloid scar about 30mm long on her shoulder as a legacy of a vaccination as a child.

Our first child was born through caesarian section in 2008 and she got another keloid scar. Our second child was also born through caesarian section and the surgeon opened up the same scar and ended up reducing its appearance considerably.

She broke her leg in 2008 and required surgery and various bits of metal inserted below the knee. Most of that scar has now faded to be no longer noticeable.

Cheers,

Cameron

15wilsonwu

Postby 15wilsonwu » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:20 pm

ironhanglider wrote:Keloid scars can't be 'cut out' because that will leave a wound which will heal with another keloid scar. What they do is minimise it by removing as much of the tissue within the boundaries of the existing scar and drag the edges together to make the scar smaller.

The good news is that they can reduce over time (years not weeks) and faster at extremities rather than the core.

My wife has a keloid scar about 30mm long on her shoulder as a legacy of a vaccination as a child.

Our first child was born through caesarian section in 2008 and she got another keloid scar. Our second child was also born through caesarian section and the surgeon opened up the same scar and ended up reducing its appearance considerably.

She broke her leg in 2008 and required surgery and various bits of metal inserted below the knee. Most of that scar has now faded to be no longer noticeable.

Cheers,

Cameron
Thanks for the information Cameron. Guess dem scars wont interfere with finding a partner eh? :mrgreen:
- Ultegra 6800
- Shimano RS31

ironhanglider

Postby ironhanglider » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:40 pm

15wilsonwu wrote:
ironhanglider wrote:Keloid scars can't be 'cut out' because that will leave a wound which will heal with another keloid scar. What they do is minimise it by removing as much of the tissue within the boundaries of the existing scar and drag the edges together to make the scar smaller.

Cheers,

Cameron
Thanks for the information Cameron. Guess dem scars wont interfere with finding a partner eh? :mrgreen:
Hi 15willsonwu,

I'm lucky that I don't get keloid scars, but I do have quite a collection since I have raced since I was 8 and managed to crash quite a few times, particularly in my teens. Worthwhile partners aren't bothered by physical scars. :wink:

But my big tip is to work on your skills so that you are less likely to crash. A mate of mine had an uncanny ability to stay upright when there was a bunch crash going on around him. We used to train in a bunch that regularly rubbed elbows, leaned on each other and even rubbed tyres so that when it happened in an uncontrolled environment it was at least familiar. (I used to sneak up behind people I knew on the road and would tap their back wheel just to say hello) Riders these days seem to freak out when you touch them so I don't anymore.

Cheers,

Cameron

15wilsonwu

Postby 15wilsonwu » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:06 pm

ironhanglider wrote:
15wilsonwu wrote:

Cheers,

Cameron
Hi 15willsonwu,

I'm lucky that I don't get keloid scars, but I do have quite a collection since I have raced since I was 8 and managed to crash quite a few times, particularly in my teens. Worthwhile partners aren't bothered by physical scars. :wink:

But my big tip is to work on your skills so that you are less likely to crash. A mate of mine had an uncanny ability to stay upright when there was a bunch crash going on around him. We used to train in a bunch that regularly rubbed elbows, leaned on each other and even rubbed tyres so that when it happened in an uncontrolled environment it was at least familiar. (I used to sneak up behind people I knew on the road and would tap their back wheel just to say hello) Riders these days seem to freak out when you touch them so I don't anymore.

Cheers,

Cameron
Cheers for the tips Cameron,
I've been in a similar situation your mate has been in - only that I'm part of the crash itself :lol:
- Ultegra 6800
- Shimano RS31