A letter from Brad McGee

open topic, for anything cycling related.

Re: A letter from Brad McGee

Postby high_tea » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:02 pm

RonK wrote:A well-written article - let's just hope it's not also a self-serving one. Time will tell...


I for one would rather you just came out and said whatever it is you are insinuating.
high_tea
 
Posts: 1335
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:10 pm

by BNA » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:59 am

BNA
 

Re: A letter from Brad McGee

Postby RonK » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:59 am

high_tea wrote:
RonK wrote:A well-written article - let's just hope it's not also a self-serving one. Time will tell...


I for one would rather you just came out and said whatever it is you are insinuating.

i'm insinuating nothing. I'm expressing the hope that McGee's letter is not just a cleverly-worded denial, and that he is not eventually shown to be a doper.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...
User avatar
RonK
 
Posts: 5783
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Brisbane, Queensland

Re: A letter from Brad McGee

Postby Alex Simmons/RST » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:10 am

RonK wrote:
high_tea wrote:
RonK wrote:A well-written article - let's just hope it's not also a self-serving one. Time will tell...


I for one would rather you just came out and said whatever it is you are insinuating.

i'm insinuating nothing. I'm expressing the hope that McGee's letter is not just a cleverly-worded denial, and that he is not eventually shown to be a doper.

I think the issue is that there is such a long and consistent history of doping denials from those who have subsequently been found to have lied, that all professional rider's statements are being viewed with a degree scepticism, irrespective of the credibility of the individual in question.
User avatar
Alex Simmons/RST
Expert
 
Posts: 3489
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 3:51 pm

Re: A letter from Brad McGee

Postby high_tea » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:14 am

RonK wrote:
high_tea wrote:
RonK wrote:A well-written article - let's just hope it's not also a self-serving one. Time will tell...


I for one would rather you just came out and said whatever it is you are insinuating.

i'm insinuating nothing. I'm expressing the hope that McGee's letter is not just a cleverly-worded denial, and that he is not eventually shown to be a doper.


That's an insinuation all right. Your denial is meaningless.
high_tea
 
Posts: 1335
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:10 pm

Re: A letter from Brad McGee

Postby high_tea » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:19 am

Alex Simmons/RST wrote:I think the issue is that there is such a long and consistent history of doping denials from those who have subsequently been found to have lied, that all professional rider's statements are being viewed with a degree scepticism, irrespective of the credibility of the individual in question.


Well, that's a fair point. It's a point about the credibility of the sport, though, not the credibility of any individual. Attacking an individual (something the OP did, not you) is unhelpful and unwarranted.
high_tea
 
Posts: 1335
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:10 pm

Re: A letter from Brad McGee

Postby find_bruce » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:51 am

I think you are being overly sensitive high_tea - I read Ron's post along the lines set out by Alex, although I see how it can be taken a different way.
Image
User avatar
find_bruce
 
Posts: 4091
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 8:42 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: A letter from Brad McGee

Postby find_bruce » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:46 am

A follow up interview in cyclingnews Brad McGee: No time like the present
Image
User avatar
find_bruce
 
Posts: 4091
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 8:42 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: A letter from Brad McGee

Postby ldrcycles » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:47 am

find_bruce wrote:I think you are being overly sensitive high_tea - I read Ron's post along the lines set out by Alex, although I see how it can be taken a different way.


So did i, and i'm getting that feeling every time i read a statement by a supposedly clean rider. After the high profile cases of riders swearing black and blue that they have never had anything to do with drugs and they don't even know how to spell drugs, then it comes out that no, they were lying all along, it's really hard to trust anyone. I'm not saying for a second that i think Mcgee has done anything, but after reading of how much difference can be made with even virtually undetectable doping, it's hard to believe that clean riders could really compete unless the dopers were having a bad day.
When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments- Elizabeth West.
User avatar
ldrcycles
 
Posts: 7103
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:19 pm
Location: Kin Kin, Queensland

Previous

Return to General discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: _rogers, cage, Waccofozzy



Popular Bike Shops
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Ebay Ebay AU
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK

“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter

> FREE BNA Stickers