Moron Motorists #3

foo on patrol

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:39 pm

There has been a spate of dumb arse motorist on Bribie Island this week, so I have been told by the riders in my bunch rides and they seem to think it is getting worse. :roll:

A 4by sitting on the horn and racing over the middle of the round a bout and then slowing to abuse the riders, even though they were going close to speed limit,!

Two old farts (husband and wife) in a car pulled up behind one of the girls and told her to get on the footpath.

A tradie ute (with company logo) doing the same as the first one but he got more than he bargained for, plus one of the riders knows who he works for, so there will be more to come. :wink:

Like one of the riders said. The abuse, being directed at cyclists at the moment is the new racial abuse! :evil:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:45 pm

How big is Bribie island? Sounds pretty dumb if it's as small as I'm thinking.
I would certainly relish the opportunity of discussing that sort of driving behaviour once I had tracked them down. :x

Edit: I just googled it, has a bridge to the mainland. :(
Dogs are the best people :wink:

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:51 pm

foo on patrol wrote:A tradie ute (with company logo) doing the same as the first one but he got more than he bargained for, plus one of the riders knows who he works for, so there will be more to come. :wink:
any more info on this? sounds interesting

beanspropulsion

Postby beanspropulsion » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:21 pm

warthog1 wrote: Edit: I just googled it, has a bridge to the mainland. :(
"Bridge" yeah... ha ha

It would have been state of the art in the 70's... the 1770's that is

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:36 pm

beanspropulsion wrote:
"Bridge" yeah... ha ha

If you're ever riding over there, don't make the mistake of going on the footpath, it's insanely narrow and when i went over it the whole thing was covered in bait :x
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

Smithstreet

Postby Smithstreet » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:39 pm

warthog1 wrote:How big is Bribie island? Sounds pretty dumb if it's as small as I'm thinking.
I would certainly relish the opportunity of discussing that sort of driving behaviour once I had tracked them down. :x

Edit: I just googled it, has a bridge to the mainland. :(
You can hear the banjos 'tuning up' the closer you get. :lol:

Seriously though, I'm staggered at the lack of intelligence and general disrespect that a large amount of the general public have these days. (And, you can bet your ass they're all breeding) which doesn't bode well for the future of the country!! :shock:
re... the idea that cyclist abuse is the 'new' racism, spot on. These ferals need to vent their Courier Mail/Current Affair mindsets onto something that they feel is inferior to them, ie, cyclists.

Very slow learners these beasts. Sad world.

I have to add, it's not Bribie that these people are from, they just go there for day trips. :|

beanspropulsion

Postby beanspropulsion » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:00 pm

ldrcycles wrote:
beanspropulsion wrote:
"Bridge" yeah... ha ha

If you're ever riding over there, don't make the mistake of going on the footpath, it's insanely narrow and when i went over it the whole thing was covered in bait :x
Yep... did that... once

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:06 pm

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:26 pm

jasonc wrote:
foo on patrol wrote:A tradie ute (with company logo) doing the same as the first one but he got more than he bargained for, plus one of the riders knows who he works for, so there will be more to come. :wink:
any more info on this? sounds interesting
Yeah one of the riders knows the company and the driver and is going to make the poop hit the fan. :mrgreen:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:27 pm

beanspropulsion wrote:
"Bridge" yeah... ha ha

:lol: :lol:

Foo
Goal 6000km

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:54 pm

http://road.cc/content/news/121958-judg ... bh-cyclist

Cyclist Chris Brown, aged 61 and from Aylsham, spent two days in hospital after his hip was fractured when 52-year-old Duncan Smith attacked him on 7 December last year, reports the Eastern Daily Press.

During his sentencing hearing at Norwich Crown Court yesterday, it was revealed that Smith, who had earlier pleaded guilty to the charge, nursed a grudge against cyclists after spending £460 to repair his car’s wing mirror which had been damaged by a bike rider.

On the day he attacked Mr Brown, Smith said his wing mirror had once again been struck by a cyclist, which was playing on his mind as he returned to his home in Lamas and discovered riders in the Audax event passing by.

The court heard that he walked into the road and tried to stop riders to ask which club they were members of. It was told that although he didn’t intend to push Mr Brown from his bike on purpose, he was reckless as to the results of his actions.

The victim needed an operation on his hip, had to take time off work and spent three months getting around with the aid of crutches. He cannot now cycle as much as he used to, has problems sleeping, and it is thought that the fracture to his hip may never fully repair.

Sentencing Smith, Judge Stephen Holt told him: “A clear message must go out that behaviour of this type on a public highway that results in serious injury to an innocent person must lead to immediate custody.”

How can we get judge Stephen Holt over here? :)

Wakatuki

Postby Wakatuki » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:23 am

foo on patrol wrote:Like one of the riders said. The abuse, being directed at cyclists at the moment is the new racial abuse! :evil:
Foo
I'm glad you wrote this Foo, I have been thinking the same. If we were all of the same colour, religion or (insert to suit) we could claim persecution.

Maybe like the pastafarians we could create our own... Something with expresso and wheels theme. Velopressopretarians :shock:

Percrime

Postby Percrime » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:49 am

warthog1 wrote: after spending £460 to repair his car’s wing mirror
Struth.

What model Lamborghini was that thing?

yugyug

Postby yugyug » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:13 am

10 months gaol. How regretful he must be that he didn't use his car to knock the cyclist over. He might of just had his license suspended. :(

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:15 am

yugyug wrote:10 months gaol. How regretful he must be that he didn't use his car to knock the cyclist over. He might of just had his license suspended. :(
10 months in prison certainly seems to encourage remorse. If all the aggressive anti-cycling drivers here were given that treatment, we'd need to build new prisons to fit all of them.

Percrime

Postby Percrime » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:30 pm

School holidays.
No posts in this thread
Coincidence?

silentC

Postby silentC » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:38 pm

I saw plenty on my way home from Sydney down the Hume/Federal/Monaro on Sunday :)
"If your next bike does not have disc brakes, the bike after that certainly will"
- Me

Ross

Postby Ross » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:39 pm

I had a granny (female) almost take me out at a pedestrian crossing last night on my way home. She slowed right down to almost walking pace as she was approaching and I was just about to go across as I thought she was stopping but then she accellerated accross the crossing. Lucky I hung back and didn't cross.

familyguy

Postby familyguy » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:21 pm

They're about. Manly, sunday AM, Audi moron nearly right turns across me, still has time to brake hard, lower the window just enough to tell me to 'F off' as I rode by. 6 riders (not with me) stopped at the intersection in close proximity let fly at him as I rode off grinning. Tool.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:49 pm

Southbound on Russell, headed for Northbank. CBD this morning.

Silver Mazda thinks a close shave with two wheels over the (occupied) lane line not 25m from a redlight at Collins is a good idea. Maybe I shouldn't have dived up the inside back into primary at the red but I did some quick sums around the sudden loss of ~4.5m braking room at my current progess and decided that it wasn't worth the risk of scratching its roof to maintain line.

Green and I'm quickly up to pace behind the Coach trundling along, maintaining station about 3m back at around 20. Look in the mirror and see nothing but headlight, it's way closer to me than I am to the bus.
Red at Flinders Lane and she's closer still. I turn in the saddle and, being a good citizen, ask her if I can assist her in any (slightly fruitily phrased) way. Get the typical glazed eyes straight ahead response that indicates she is beyond any mortal help.

Green and the left turn lane appears (I'm going straight). Now it's a high revs, close shaving undertake with the window down and "Calm down!" screeched at me until she disappears onto Flinders.
I was calm until she threatened me, got onto Northbank, stopped for a minute at Mouses place and was calm again.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:07 pm

Bloke on a motorbike this morning on the Sunshine Motorway, i was doing bang on the 100kmh limit but he decided to pass on the left on the shoulder at ~120. Passed at least a dozen cars in front of me in the same way.

But guess who was broken down only a few kms later? :)
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

Scott_C

Postby Scott_C » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:13 am

Head-on hit and run collision in the UK:

yugyug

Postby yugyug » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:44 am

That's crazy footage. Cyclist was told by police that the car's plates are false. :(

Wakatuki

Postby Wakatuki » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:22 am

yugyug wrote:That's crazy footage. Cyclist was told by police that the car's plates are false. :(
Spotted it his morning on mybook... Nasty. If motorists were registered then......... You know the rest.

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:21 am

Police visits to windscreen repairers and panel-beaters could well yield some results. But will the police be bothered ??
Mandatory helmet law?
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."