Moron Motorists #3

jasonc

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby jasonc » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:31 am

Had an "article" pop up on my Facebook. Tradies getting fined for parking in suburban streets in a, new estate that aren't wide enough for a car to still pass. The bloke complaining is driving around filming whilst on his mobile phone....

https://www.google.com.au/url?q=https:/ ... 1quRy5cmLQ

Ross

Postby Ross » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:36 pm

Biffidus wrote:
Ross wrote:This is gold! :twisted:

Rude Woman Refuses To Leave ‘No Parking’ Zone, So Construction Workers Get The Best Revenge

https://www.boredpanda.com/rude-illegal ... -bbqlunch/
They have copied that whole article straight from a Reddit post. Journalism at its finest.
Not much different to most "news" outlets these days that just get most of their stories from social media :roll:

am50em

Postby am50em » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:18 pm

Maybe this for errant motorists https://goo.gl/xxQXFA

Bunged Knee

Postby Bunged Knee » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:57 pm

^^ Already seen that video on YouTube.

But it is illegal to use it in Australia.
ID please? What ID? My seat tube ID is 27.2mm or 31.6mm depending on what bikes I ride today.thanks...

redsonic

Postby redsonic » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:57 am

Bunged Knee wrote:^^ Already seen that video on YouTube.

But it is illegal to use it in Australia.
I would hope it's illegal to use it anywhere!

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:11 pm

am50em wrote:Maybe this for errant motorists https://goo.gl/xxQXFA

:lol: :lol:
Dogs are the best people :wink:

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:26 pm

Witnessed a young woman today in a flash looking sports car with personalised plates. She had a phone mounted in the bottom corner of the windscreen. Good, hands free. Not so good, when I looked a bit more closely there was a moving image on the phone. My wife confirmed she could also see the woman was watching a video of some sort while driving along.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

skull

Postby skull » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:10 pm

Watched a lady from my apartment block as I was walking back home from the gym this morning. Phone in left hand looking at it as she walked to her car parked in the middle of the road (divided road with nature strip in middle but shouldn't actually be parking on it). She at least looked up when crossing, got in car phone still in hand. Starts car drives off still holding phone in hand whilst glancing down at it.

But cyclists should be registered to prevent this.

am50em

Postby am50em » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:19 pm

Yesterday saw motorist with GPS attached to the windscreen nearly directly in front of driver - well it was offset to the right by about 50mm. It is incomprehensible how anyone can drive like that.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:40 pm

Dashcam footage shows car in near miss with police motorbikes in Adelaide Hills.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-18/d ... es/9269058

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:53 am

The bloke in the black subaru who brake checked me yesterday. While I was driving a 20ton truck with a big steel bumper. I don't need my truck for the Christmas break. Guess who needs his car? :lol:

gtext

Postby gtext » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:11 am

fat and old wrote:The bloke in the black subaru who brake checked me yesterday. While I was driving a 20ton truck with a big steel bumper. I don't need my truck for the Christmas break. Guess who needs his car? :lol:
Were you tailgating at the time? Not suggesting you were but what was the reason for them doing that.
Seems to be a lot of that going around. Both cars and trucks leaving no braking distance. Certainly trucks with absolutely no hope of stopping.

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:30 am

gtext wrote:
fat and old wrote:The bloke in the black subaru who brake checked me yesterday. While I was driving a 20ton truck with a big steel bumper. I don't need my truck for the Christmas break. Guess who needs his car? :lol:
Were you tailgating at the time? Not suggesting you were but what was the reason for them doing that.
Seems to be a lot of that going around. Both cars and trucks leaving no braking distance. Certainly trucks with absolutely no hope of stopping.
:lol: No mate, I wasn't tailgating. Was peacefully maintaining distance with constant adjustments to cater for all the cars who see a gap in front of me and move in.

He'd been next to me (RHS) and was from what I worked out boxed in. Wanted to use the "fast" lane (like there's one of those at this time of year) and then merge across three lanes as the middle lane was moving better. I'd noticed him tailgating the car in that lane which brought his bonnet in front of me. Must have seen the gap in front of me as the promised land and got upset that I wasn't slowing down to allow him to merge. At no time did he indicate btw.

Just pre christmas insanity. I have dash cams in all of my trucks to protect us against this. No choice.

octopusbananas

Postby octopusbananas » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:12 pm

Right hooked today for the second time in as many months. At least this driver looked straight at me and said "I know" as I was telling her and waving my arms to indicate I was going right... then proceeded to motor off right across my path. Sigh.

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:46 pm

fat and old wrote:
gtext wrote:
:lol: No mate, I wasn't tailgating. Was peacefully maintaining distance with constant adjustments to cater for all the cars who see a gap in front of me and move in.

He'd been next to me (RHS) and was from what I worked out boxed in. Wanted to use the "fast" lane (like there's one of those at this time of year) and then merge across three lanes as the middle lane was moving better. I'd noticed him tailgating the car in that lane which brought his bonnet in front of me. Must have seen the gap in front of me as the promised land and got upset that I wasn't slowing down to allow him to merge. At no time did he indicate btw.

Just pre christmas insanity. I have dash cams in all of my trucks to protect us against this. No choice.
So you did hit him? Or just felt like it would have been a sweet justice?
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

gtext

Postby gtext » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:02 pm

fat and old wrote:
gtext wrote:

Yes it truely is an insane time of the year. Out of town drivers not knowing where their going making last minute decisions. Yes really annoys you when you leave a gap on front and others jump and brake.
The other annoyance in addition to tailgating that seems to be on the increase is people not using indicators. Come up to an intersection and put the indicators on when starting to turn not before. Nobody knows including pedestrians where their going.

Tim

Postby Tim » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:19 pm

They are <abbreviated> they're. Sorry, can't help it. Christmas stress/OCD. :D
Merry Christmas.

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:14 pm

bychosis wrote:
So you did hit him? Or just felt like it would have been a sweet justice?
Nah, didn't hit him. Got out at the lights 200m further on and explained it through his....as always with these types.... wound up window. He did apologise tho, so all good :)

I don't need the truck, but I do need my wife to cook christmas dinner :lol:

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:41 pm

fat and old wrote:Just pre christmas insanity. I have dash cams in all of my trucks to protect us against this. No choice.
Ah. You've noticed that pattern too. :roll:

I have to say that is one bonus of not being in paid employment at the moment. I can choose my time of day to go riding. Although temperatures came up pretty fast after 9am.

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:22 am

This is the first pre-christmas period I've spent any real time in the trucks for a few years. I don't remember it being anywhere near this bad, but maybe I'm getting old? Usually I'm staying on the bike paths around now. Won't hit the roads until christmas day.

khendar

Postby khendar » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:08 am

Biffidus wrote:
Ross wrote:This is gold! :twisted:

Rude Woman Refuses To Leave ‘No Parking’ Zone, So Construction Workers Get The Best Revenge

https://www.boredpanda.com/rude-illegal ... -bbqlunch/
They have copied that whole article straight from a Reddit post. Journalism at its finest.
Hardly journalism. It's just a clickbait content farm.

Philistine

Postby Philistine » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:23 am

skull wrote:Watched a lady from my apartment block as I was walking back home from the gym this morning.
You go to a gym? I thought gyms were for those untouchables who don't own bikes.

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:04 am

fat and old wrote:This is the first pre-christmas period I've spent any real time in the trucks for a few years. I don't remember it being anywhere near this bad, but maybe I'm getting old? Usually I'm staying on the bike paths around now. Won't hit the roads until christmas day.
Unfortunately in previous years that was not an option for me. Impossible to avoid some main roads between Frenchs Forest and Sydney Olympic Park. Travelling to the CBD was better, but there would still be the occasional overstressed bus driver taking his frustration out on cyclists, and angry drivers even on otherwise quiet suburban roads.

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:34 am

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/driver-disqua ... 07nk1.html
Jason Blackley has been caught illegally behind the wheel of a car for a whopping 27th time.
Jason Blackley will remain behind bars over Christmas.

The serial law breaker, who is already banned from holding a licence until 2086, is expected to have even more years added to his time off the road when he is sentenced for his latest offence early next year.

Documents tendered to Wollongong Local Court on Tuesday reveal Blackley, from Wollongong, was handed an eight-month suspended prison sentence in November for his 26th charge of driving while disqualified, which occurred in February this year.

He had served less than 30 days of that sentence when he was caught making a midnight dash for petrol on December 3.

A statement of facts written by arresting police said Blackley pulled his white Holden Commodore into the Coles Express service station in Haywards Bay, south of Wollongong, just after 12am and filled it with $17.20 worth of premium fuel, however his debit card was declined when he went to pay.

Blackley then left the card with the operator in lieu of payment.

Court documents reveal Blackley was wearing a high visibility orange shirt at the time and was clearly visible on the service station's CCTV footage.

Police were subsequently notified and arrested Blackley at a home in Koonawarra two days later.

He was charged with drive while disqualified and refused police bail.

During an initial court appearance, Blackley indicated he would fight the allegations and denied he was the driver that night, however pleaded guilty to the charge in court on Tuesday.

Legal Aid lawyer Tim McKenzie told Magistrate Susan McGowan he would seek to have a psychiatrist prepare a report ahead of Blackley's sentencing.

Magistrate McGowna also ordered a pre-sentence report from Community Corrections.

The case will return to court for finalisation on February 6. Blackley remains behind bars, bail refused.

CaffeineAU

Postby CaffeineAU » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:01 am

The serial law breaker, who is already banned from holding a licence until 2086, is expected to have even more years added to his time off the road when he is sentenced for his latest offence early next year.
Because that's obviously shown itself to be a very effective means of preventing him from driving... :evil: