Moron Motorists #3

biker jk

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby biker jk » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:57 pm

find_bruce wrote:That would be the former NSW Roads Minister - not Drunken Gay regretably, but one of his predecessors Michael Daley. For me the really scary part is that he claims to have been completely oblivious to the road work & speed signs. Well that and the fact that he claims not to have known the law he was responsible for - automatic suspensions were introduced in 2002, well before he was roads minister in 2008 & police minister 2009-2011.
Not to mention his claim that a licence suspension was a bit harsh for a "first offence" when it was subsequently revealed he had four speeding fines in the past 30-years, including one for over 30kmh above the limit.

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:47 pm

biker jk wrote:
find_bruce wrote:That would be the former NSW Roads Minister - not Drunken Gay regretably, but one of his predecessors Michael Daley. For me the really scary part is that he claims to have been completely oblivious to the road work & speed signs. Well that and the fact that he claims not to have known the law he was responsible for - automatic suspensions were introduced in 2002, well before he was roads minister in 2008 & police minister 2009-2011.
Not to mention his claim that a licence suspension was a bit harsh for a "first offence" when it was subsequently revealed he had four speeding fines in the past 30-years, including one for over 30kmh above the limit.
It's like these politicians think the media doesn't enjoy looking into their past and taking them down a peg or two.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

Ross

Postby Ross » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:31 pm

hit-and-run caught on camera (USA)
Cyclist knocked to ground

https://www.facebook.com/progocyclingst ... 109842033/

Cheesewheel

Postby Cheesewheel » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:32 am

https://m.qt.com.au/news/cop-slammed-fo ... d/3255496/

Not sure if this incident is mentioned elsewhere .... although Joanne Marie McCauley appears to be certainly hall of fame, respectable as a dogturd in a coffee thermos status, amongst moron motorists, well deserving of her own thread.

Here's an overview of the coffee thermos trail ....

https://m.thechronicle.com.au/topic/joa ... -mccauley/

Mr Chan died sometime between August 22 and 23 in 2012 after Ms McCauley allegedly hit the tourist with her car while he was cycling on the Warrego highway near Gatton.

Mr Chan was left with a broken pelvis, scratches and bruises but Mr Hutton said the 25-year-old would have survived if he had been taken to hospital.

Instead, Ms McCauley allegedly failed to help the Chinese national and he died of hypothermia because he was "left in the ditch overnight".

Mr Hutton said Ms McCauley told 14 people, including Mr Thow and her then boyfriend Robert William "Billy" Allen, that she "purposefully hit" Mr Chan and that she "reversed" over him.

I must admit, the article poses more questions than answers ....

Mr Hutton recommended the Director of Public Prosecutions commence criminal proceedings against Ms McCauley about 11 months ago.

However, the Gatton CIB responded in August of this year, saying it "was unable to provide a timeframe as to when a decision would be made" on whether or not Ms McCauley would be charged.

Mr Hutton said Sen-Constable Neumann "cut corners" in his investigation including making no attempt to track Ms McCauley's movements on the evening of the crash and he did not try to locate key witnesses

Mr Hutton said he had to "direct" Sen-Constable Neumann to do his job and the inquest had to be delayed because of the officer's "failure to comply with reasonable timeframes that I set for him".

"Detective Sen-Constable Neumann appeared to struggle following my clear and very detailed directions and to apply investigative skills to this case that would be reasonably be expected of a detective with his 25 years of experience," he said.

Sen-Constable Neumann did not give evidence at the inquest "due to mental health issues".

Someone please tell me I am reading these articles incorrectly, and that Joanne Marie McCauley is currently in jail?
Go!Run!GAH!

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:45 am

Cheesewheel wrote:Someone please tell me I am reading these articles incorrectly, and that Joanne Marie McCauley is currently in jail?
Ah sadly no - the court is the Coroners Court which despite the name is an investigative body which primarily looks at the causes of death & what might be done to reduce the likelihood of future deaths. & the report of the investigation was published yesterday. (full copy here)

In this case there were two additional elements - the inadequate criminal investigation by a member of the Qld Police & the "reasonable suspicion" of the coroner that McCauley had committed murder. The process is that the evidence gets referred to the Director of Public Prosecutions.

On 18 April 2017, the Director of Public Prosecutions gave written advice to the Police Commissioner that there were reasonable prospects of success on a prosecution of Ms McCauley for the murder of Mr Chan. 7.5 months later the Police have done ... not very much. Ms McCauley has not been charged, let alone convicted.

It would seem the take home message is if you want to get away with murder in Qld, just use a car as the weapon.
Anything you can do, I can do slower

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:14 am

I'm lost for words. Both at the heartlessness and utter self-absorption of the perpetrator and the incompetence of the investigator.

How do you get to be a sergeant and be that bad at your job? I can only conclude that the mental health issues are very real. I feel for the family and friends of the Chinese student. No prospect of justice.

jules21

Postby jules21 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:21 am

trailgumby wrote:How do you get to be a sergeant and be that bad at your job? I can only conclude that the mental health issues are very real. I feel for the family and friends of the Chinese student. No prospect of justice.
I'm less convinced. My impression is that cops often feel that they run their own show and make their own decisions. It's possible he's just being uncooperative and the MH thing is a tactic to avoid being held accountable. Speculation only.

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:03 pm

I have a senior sergeant friend. He says the numbers of "walking wounded" from the stresses of the job that he has to deal with as a manager and as colleagues defy belief. It would likely be the single biggest management issue, ahead of corruption.

jules21

Postby jules21 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:22 pm

trailgumby wrote:I have a senior sergeant friend. He says the numbers of "walking wounded" from the stresses of the job that he has to deal with as a manager and as colleagues defy belief. It would likely be the single biggest management issue, ahead of corruption.
I understand. This is a systemic problem that reflects on poor leadership. While it may not be fair to blame the individual officer with nominal responsibility for investigating an incident, force command is responsible for ensuring that's done - without causing staff to go off on stress leave. I don't know what the answer is. I can guess how police culture might be more brute force than innovative leadership though.

Ross

Postby Ross » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:58 pm

Vince Colosimo fined, loses licence for driving while on drug ice

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-03/v ... hs/9115074
Australian actor Vince Colosimo has been warned he faces jail time if he breaks the law again, after a magistrate fined him for driving while on the drug ice.

Colosimo, 50, had a suspended licence when he was caught behind the wheel in Melbourne's CBD.

The Melbourne Magistrates' Court heard police who stopped Colosimo's car, on Exhibition Street, discovered he had methylamphetamine in his system.

When questioned by police, Colosimo denied taking the drug and claimed he was unaware of the six-month licence suspension, the court heard.

"He said, 'Sorry, I didn't believe it was suspended'," the court was told.

Colosimo later admitted to the offences in court.

Magistrate David Starvaggi said not driving while on drugs was something even a kindergarten child would understand. :roll:

"You really are risking a jail term if you ever come back to court," Mr Starvaggi said.

He said it was the third time Colosimo had been caught driving while his licence was suspended. :evil:

The actor was fined $3,500 and banned from driving for five months. A conviction was recorded.

jules21

Postby jules21 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:10 pm

caught driving on a suspended licence

punishment: suspended licence

Cheesewheel

Postby Cheesewheel » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:17 pm

jules21 wrote:caught driving on a suspended licence

punishment: suspended licence
It gets better

This license suspension is 1 month shorter than the previous one he was caught driving under.

:roll:
Go!Run!GAH!

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:21 pm

Families escape injury when cars smash through living room, bedroom of Sydney homes

"She said the car was out of her control" :roll:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-04/s ... me/9118650

uart

Postby uart » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:32 pm

biker jk wrote:Families escape injury when cars smash through living room, bedroom of Sydney homes
"She said the car was out of her control" :roll:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-04/s ... me/9118650
My guess is that this is another case of hitting accelerator instead of the brake, this time while reversing. Shows that it's not exclusively the domain of elderly drivers.

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:59 am

jules21 wrote:
trailgumby wrote:I have a senior sergeant friend. He says the numbers of "walking wounded" from the stresses of the job that he has to deal with as a manager and as colleagues defy belief. It would likely be the single biggest management issue, ahead of corruption.
I understand. This is a systemic problem that reflects on poor leadership. While it may not be fair to blame the individual officer with nominal responsibility for investigating an incident, force command is responsible for ensuring that's done - without causing staff to go off on stress leave. I don't know what the answer is. I can guess how police culture might be more brute force than innovative leadership though.
Police leadership operates under a command-and-control structure, which tends to be brute force.

chriso_29er

Postby chriso_29er » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:52 am

AWDXTC

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbHBWhBlzJK ... =ronnrider

Apparently targeting cyclists in the Dandenongs yesterday. Multiple reports of this POS all over my strava feed, including one woman clipped with the rear view mirror. At least one got him with a video and has been reported to the police :)
So dumb they even did it in a distinctive car with personalised plates lol.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:56 am

Melbourne teenager 'left to die' on Melbourne street by BMW driver

A 13-year-old girl is fighting for life in hospital after a hit-and-run in Melbourne's north.

Police say the teenager was hit while she was riding her bike at the corner of Bell and Sussex streets at Coburg just after 8:00pm last night.

The driver of the car, believed to be a dark-coloured BMW, stopped briefly before leaving the scene.

The girl is in a critical condition in hospital in an induced coma with head injuries and broken bones.

Detective Inspector Stuart McGregor said the car would be identifiable by the damage it had sustained.

"What we know is it is a dark-colour BMW, a sedan or coupe. It's going to have damage to the front of the car, the windscreen and the left-hand outside mirror," he said.

"The girl is in a critical condition. She's been hit and left to die on the side of the road.

"There is no mother or father or grandparent who would ever want this to happen to their child, let alone be left on the side of the road just to die by a person who leaves the scene and doesn't even bother to stop to help".

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-06/c ... ma/9121098

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:55 am

chriso_29er wrote:AWDXTC

Apparently targeting cyclists in the Dandenongs yesterday. Multiple reports of this POS all over my strava feed, including one woman clipped with the rear view mirror. At least one got him with a video and has been reported to the police :)
Vic = no 1 metre rule. Will be interesting to see what happens with the report to the police
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:05 am

mikesbytes wrote:
Vic = no 1 metre rule. Will be interesting to see what happens with the report to the police
No blood, no foul

ironhanglider

Postby ironhanglider » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:12 am

Most likely nothing.

I'd like to think that they'd take it seriously and book him for not overtaking safely. There are few places on that road where a car can overtake legally, but many where a car can overtake safely, depending on closing speed.

At worst they'll book "him" for crossing double lines and give "him" the message that "he" wasn't driving far enough to the left.

My hopes are not high.

Cheers,

Cameron

duncanm

Postby duncanm » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:47 am

chriso_29er wrote:AWDXTC

The guy _may_ not own the car any more, but here was the owner in 2015:

username: yeldz

http://forum.wrx.com.au/viewtopic.php?t ... start=6080

(edited: still owns an STI: http://forum.wrx.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=86429

oh - and looky here https://web.stagram.com/yeldz69

silentC

Postby silentC » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:00 pm

Twitter account: https://twitter.com/yeldz69

First name Brad.
"If your next bike does not have disc brakes, the bike after that certainly will"
- Me

gtext

Postby gtext » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:06 pm

jasonc wrote:
mikesbytes wrote:
No blood, no foul
Yep unfortunately. I see VicRoads quoting 1 and 1.5mtr safe passing distances on pay TV but without legislation in place to enforce they mean squat.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:13 pm

gtext wrote:
jasonc wrote:
mikesbytes wrote:
No blood, no foul
Yep unfortunately. I see VicRoads quoting 1 and 1.5mtr safe passing distances on pay TV but without legislation in place to enforce they mean squat.
oh come on. we have them in QLD and it means squat. you need enforcement

duncanm

Postby duncanm » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:53 pm

duncanm wrote: oh - and looky here https://web.stagram.com/yeldz69
now gone private.. I guess Brad doesn't like the attention.