Moron Motorists #3

jasonc

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby jasonc » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:19 am

What happened to his bike? The way he wouldn't get down and required help makes me think there will be some bruising as a minimum

CXCommuter

Postby CXCommuter » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:34 am

To Mr Special driving south on Kent Street Anzac Day morning...wow just wow!

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:37 pm

CXCommuter wrote:To Mr Special driving south on Kent Street Anzac Day morning...wow just wow!
Don't leave us hanging - what did he do? :shock:

CXCommuter

Postby CXCommuter » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:42 am

trailgumby wrote:
CXCommuter wrote:To Mr Special driving south on Kent Street Anzac Day morning...wow just wow!
Don't leave us hanging - what did he do? :shock:
Continued on his merry way changing lanes to swerve around oncoming traffic and ignoring the startled cries of all and sundry to stop/turn around. Thankfully it didn't get any worse than that.

nezumi

Postby nezumi » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:16 am

Sounds like a real Kent.
2014 Merida Cyclo Cross 4
2015 Merida Scultura 5000

ironhanglider

Postby ironhanglider » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:13 pm

I'm not familiar with Kent St. Am I to understand that it is a one way street heading north?

Cheers,

Cameron

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:27 pm

Yes, for most of it. The northernmost section only is two way.

CycloTron

Postby CycloTron » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:39 am

I was cycling on a road near home, single lane each way, following the left side white line. Most cars are leaving a good gap, some closer then I would like but ok.

I'm passed by a large dump truck, who gives me a wide berth, but I soon become aware that he has a mate behind him, in a similarly large truck because this second truck is not slowing down and starts tooting his horn at me from about 80m out.

Now, I don't know whether he's simply letting me know he's there (wishful thinking...), or if he's actually asking me to pull over so he can pass - this road has a ditch between the road and the footpath, and no shoulder. I briefly consider taking the entire lane before he gets any closer, so he doesn't do anything stupid, but decided against putting my life in the hands of a moron truck driver having a bad day.

Thankfully, while he's still about 15m away, the road widens at the local pub, presumably to allow cars to turn off more easily, so I pull to the left and he passed without further incident.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:45 pm

not worth reporting

hamishm

Postby hamishm » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:45 am

jasonc wrote:not worth reporting
illegal but doesn't look particularly dangerous?

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:17 pm

hamishm wrote:
jasonc wrote:not worth reporting
illegal but doesn't look particularly dangerous?
i moved over to try and stop him passing as it's not wide enough so the police will say it's my fault. it would only be wide enough for a bike and a car if i rode in the gutter but the boys and girls in blue won't care

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:22 pm

A moron motorcyclist crosses double lines after a mild corner. Funny how his mate stayed on his side of the road.

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:28 pm

nezumi wrote:
Sounds like a real Kent.

:lol:
He does.
Dogs are the best people :wink:

Spaniel

Postby Spaniel » Mon May 01, 2017 11:32 am

biker jk wrote:A moron motorcyclist crosses double lines after a mild corner. Funny how his mate stayed on his side of the road.

Looks like the east-side Bobbin Head descent? A lot more motor bikes venturing through there early in the morning to avoid the toll these days.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Mon May 01, 2017 11:37 am

Spaniel wrote:
biker jk wrote:A moron motorcyclist crosses double lines after a mild corner. Funny how his mate stayed on his side of the road.

Looks like the east-side Bobbin Head descent? A lot more motor bikes venturing through there early in the morning to avoid the toll these days.
It's McCarrs Ck Rd heading downhill towards the West Hd Rd turn off.

duncanm

Postby duncanm » Mon May 01, 2017 11:52 am

Spaniel wrote:

what is this toll you speak of ? The M1 hasn't had a toll in something like 10 years.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Mon May 01, 2017 12:01 pm

duncanm wrote:
Spaniel wrote:

what is this toll you speak of ? The M1 hasn't had a toll in something like 10 years.
The author was likely referring to the national park entrance fee.

Spaniel

Postby Spaniel » Mon May 01, 2017 4:45 pm

biker jk wrote:
Spaniel wrote:

It's McCarrs Ck Rd heading downhill towards the West Hd Rd turn off.
Of course, Bobbo doesn't have a centre line on the stretch I thought it was.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Wed May 03, 2017 4:07 pm

Motorist hits cyclist and runs. :shock:

https://goo.gl/tQaPUr

caneye

Postby caneye » Wed May 03, 2017 4:16 pm

biker jk wrote:Motorist hits cyclist and runs. :shock:

https://goo.gl/tQaPUr
:cry:

on the topic of pedestrian crossings .. during my morning commute, at pedestrian crossing , i've positioned myself clearly and was anticipating vehicle to stop. no such luck. car proceeds to go through without stopping.

well done officer. police vehicle NS35.

it's all captured on my VIRB.

where is the best place to lodge a complain - NSW police ombudsman?

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Wed May 03, 2017 4:56 pm

caneye wrote:on the topic of pedestrian crossings .. during my morning commute, at pedestrian crossing , i've positioned myself clearly and was anticipating vehicle to stop. no such luck. car proceeds to go through without stopping.

well done officer. police vehicle NS35.

it's all captured on my VIRB.

where is the best place to lodge a complain - NSW police ombudsman?
Depends if you were on a bike. If you were still astride the bicycle, you are not allowed to cross at pedestrian crossings & you were lucky the cop didn't feel like booking you. If however you were in exactly the same place & dismounted, then yes the vehicle was required to stop. Yes I agree its a stupid law, but that's what we currently have.

Ombudsman is likely to refer you back to the local area command at first instance, so I would start by ringing "the Customer Assistance Unit" :roll: on 1800 622 571 to get the correct local area command. The ombudsman is being phased out and replaced by the Law Enforcement Conduct Commission. Approach them once you have exhausted the LAC process.
Anything you can do, I can do slower

DarrylH

Postby DarrylH » Wed May 03, 2017 6:21 pm

For those who may not know, in the incident above in the Canberra Times, it is perfectly legal for cyclists to ride across pedestrian crossings in the ACT, subject to some speed limitations.

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Wed May 03, 2017 6:44 pm

DarrylH wrote:For those who may not know, in the incident above in the Canberra Times, it is perfectly legal for cyclists to ride across pedestrian crossings in the ACT, subject to some speed limitations.
Yep, part of the eminently sensible additional ACT rules - Regulation 38C Riding across road on crossing Hope the rider makes a full & speedy recovery
Anything you can do, I can do slower

caneye

Postby caneye » Thu May 04, 2017 5:01 pm

find_bruce wrote: Depends if you were on a bike. If you were still astride the bicycle, you are not allowed to cross at pedestrian crossings & you were lucky the cop didn't feel like booking you. If however you were in exactly the same place & dismounted, then yes the vehicle was required to stop. Yes I agree its a stupid law, but that's what we currently have.

Ombudsman is likely to refer you back to the local area command at first instance, so I would start by ringing "the Customer Assistance Unit" :roll: on 1800 622 571 to get the correct local area command. The ombudsman is being phased out and replaced by the Law Enforcement Conduct Commission. Approach them once you have exhausted the LAC process.
thanks for the input!
it's a shared path. the M2 detour requires riders to use the footpaths and 4 pedestrian crossings within 1km, just to join the M2 (eastbound) on Pennant Hills road. :x

duncanm

Postby duncanm » Thu May 04, 2017 5:45 pm

caneye wrote:
find_bruce wrote: Depends if you were on a bike. If you were still astride the bicycle, you are not allowed to cross at pedestrian crossings & you were lucky the cop didn't feel like booking you. If however you were in exactly the same place & dismounted, then yes the vehicle was required to stop. Yes I agree its a stupid law, but that's what we currently have.

thanks for the input!
it's a shared path. the M2 detour requires riders to use the footpaths and 4 pedestrian crossings within 1km, just to join the M2 (eastbound) on Pennant Hills road. :x
be careful - most of those (afterthought) bike paths do NOT have proper shared crossings.. AFAIK, only bike-lantern controlled crossings are legal to use on a bike in NSW.