Moron Motorists #3

chriso_29er

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby chriso_29er » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:04 pm

What did you guys say to him. Hope he gets the message, before he kills someone.

Cheesewheel

Postby Cheesewheel » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:12 pm

Anybody with some finesse or contacts with a local rag needs to push this into print you have a video and a person moving into shutting down their online predence .... the only justice dirtbags lile this ever receive is when they are dragged into the limelight .... nothing like a little bit of notoriety to help one make the social curve for civility and also move the plods into first gear
Go!Run!GAH!

uart

Postby uart » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:53 pm

chriso_29er wrote:What did you guys say to him. Hope he gets the message, before he kills someone.
Does anyone have that video in a form other than instagram? I can't view it.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:17 am

uart wrote:
chriso_29er wrote:What did you guys say to him. Hope he gets the message, before he kills someone.
Does anyone have that video in a form other than instagram? I can't view it.

BJL

Postby BJL » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:58 am

Cheesewheel wrote:Anybody with some finesse or contacts with a local rag needs to push this into print you have a video and a person moving into shutting down their online predence .... the only justice dirtbags lile this ever receive is when they are dragged into the limelight .... nothing like a little bit of notoriety to help one make the social curve for civility and also move the plods into first gear
No point. The residents of the Yarra Ranges would have to be some of the most anti cycling pricks in the country. The inbred hillbillies who inhabit The Dandenongs think they OWN the entire place. They'd probably nominate this idiot for Australian of the year. A hero for trying to rid the roads of scumbag, law breaking, freeloading cyclists.

This could be alleviated by lowering the speed limit on Mountain Hwy to 60kph (currently 70kph), and the 60kph zone at the Basin changed to 50kph between the top of Inverness Ave and the roundabout.

duncan16v

Postby duncan16v » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:22 am

Crikey. There are three people that have waded into the toxic swamp of the comments defending the driver on Instagram. One appears to be closely related to the driver, while two appear to be friends or acquaintances.

They're not helping.....

duncan16v

Postby duncan16v » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:26 am

Given the amount of noise this is generating, and that the owner of the car has been identified with his mobile number and workplace published, you'd wonder if the best course of action might be for the driver to front up and apologise to the affected cyclists and promise to mend his ways.

Not that I'm holding my breath.

gtext

Postby gtext » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:57 pm

jasonc wrote:
gtext wrote:
jasonc wrote: No blood, no foul
Yep unfortunately. I see VicRoads quoting 1 and 1.5mtr safe passing distances on pay TV but without legislation in place to enforce they mean squat.
oh come on. we have them in QLD and it means squat. you need enforcement
Bit harsh. So what your saying is that introducing the safe passing rule in VIC would be a waste of time. Just because there's no enforcing in Qld. Bit hard to enforce a law if it doesn't exist.

The safe passing adds that are being run on radio and TV will do absolutely nothing as no law is being broken, so it can't be enforced. Even then issuing fines won't help. Hasn't stopped mobile use when driving. Only thing is taking away licences. With a much heavier penalty if caught driving unlicensed.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:26 pm

gtext wrote:
jasonc wrote:
gtext wrote:
Yep unfortunately. I see VicRoads quoting 1 and 1.5mtr safe passing distances on pay TV but without legislation in place to enforce they mean squat.
oh come on. we have them in QLD and it means squat. you need enforcement
Bit harsh. So what your saying is that introducing the safe passing rule in VIC would be a waste of time. Just because there's no enforcing in Qld. Bit hard to enforce a law if it doesn't exist.

The safe passing adds that are being run on radio and TV will do absolutely nothing as no law is being broken, so it can't be enforced. Even then issuing fines won't help. Hasn't stopped mobile use when driving. Only thing is taking away licences. With a much heavier penalty if caught driving unlicensed.
No. What i said is we have the rules, we just don't have enforcement of the rules. Qps need to enforce the rules. At least the rules give us something to reference

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:29 pm

Mod Says:The posts with a facebook and linked in hyperlink to a person in question were removed. It is a complex discussion and I hope can be summarised by saying that there is probably enough information about the person available online for people who need to know. Christopher
Cycling is in my BNA

Ross

Postby Ross » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:12 pm

Queanbeyan cop receives no conviction despite blowing double legal limit

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-new ... zfq8s.html
A Queanbeyan police officer faced the ACT Magistrate's Court on Monday for driving a car while being double the legal alcohol limit.

Rikki Craig Gerbich, 39, pleaded guilty to drink driving in the ACT on September 7. It was Gerbich's first offence.

Special Magistrate Margaret Hunter said what Gerbich had done was "foolish" and that the level of his reading worried her. She did not record a conviction or impose a penalty.

It is understood Gerbich was reprimanded by the Queanbeyan police force for his actions.

Special Magistrate Hunter said he had suffered professionally and could extend a leniency despite the blood alcohol level.

She added, "this will be the only chance you ever get".

Gerbich's reading of 0.1 qualifies as a level three offence which usually carries a minimum three-month disqualification period and a fine of up to $1400. I don't understand why this punishment or greater was not given. Being a police officer I would think you should lead by example and not break the laws you are in paid employment to enforce.

It is alleged Gerbich told officers he had driven from Woden to Ainslie after drinking five schooners.

Gerbich's defence lawyer told the court his client held a "position of great responsibility in Queanbeyan" and that he is married with a young child. What's this got to do with anything? I'm sure there are many other people charged with DUI that have "positions of great responsibility" and are married with children as well and I'm sure they don't escape conviction because of these circumstances.

A spokesperson for NSW Police said an internal inquiry into Gerbich's actions was ongoing.

"The officer was the subject of immediate managerial action at time of his charging," the spokesperson said.

"The nature of this action is a private matter between the subject officer and his commander.

"As the criminal proceedings have been finalised, an internal investigation has begun into the 7 September 2017 incident."

jules21

Postby jules21 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:20 am

^^^ that's outrageous. the cozy relationship between magistrates and police is well known

Sully

Postby Sully » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:37 am

biker jk wrote:Melbourne teenager 'left to die' on Melbourne street by BMW driver

A 13-year-old girl is fighting for life in hospital after a hit-and-run in Melbourne's north.

Police say the teenager was hit while she was riding her bike at the corner of Bell and Sussex streets at Coburg just after 8:00pm last night.

The driver of the car, believed to be a dark-coloured BMW, stopped briefly before leaving the scene.

The girl is in a critical condition in hospital in an induced coma with head injuries and broken bones.

Detective Inspector Stuart McGregor said the car would be identifiable by the damage it had sustained.

"What we know is it is a dark-colour BMW, a sedan or coupe. It's going to have damage to the front of the car, the windscreen and the left-hand outside mirror," he said.

"The girl is in a critical condition. She's been hit and left to die on the side of the road.

"There is no mother or father or grandparent who would ever want this to happen to their child, let alone be left on the side of the road just to die by a person who leaves the scene and doesn't even bother to stop to help".

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-06/c ... ma/9121098
I was wondering about this story? Did the gurl make it? Did they find the driver?

jules21

Postby jules21 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:42 am

they know who it is. joining the dots, it's possible they are not an australian citizen or maybe have overseas ties. they might be trying to flee the country. either that or they have avoidance issues cos they'll be caught if they haven't already left.

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:45 am

Bloody idiot drivers and their mobile phones!

I turned right onto my workplace street to finish my morning commute, as an SUV turned left with proper signalling.
As I completed my turn, I noticed the driver in the little blue hatch behind the SUV had his head fully down, texting. He'd be texting as he drove past a school's front gate too.

This follows on from the guy who spent the entire red light next to me composing a text, not noticing when the light went green, then driving off without looking up once someone behind him gave him a toot.

Is it really that important to read or send that text message???
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

duncanm

Postby duncanm » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:46 am

jules21 wrote:they know who it is. joining the dots, it's possible they are not an australian citizen or maybe have overseas ties. they might be trying to flee the country. either that or they have avoidance issues cos they'll be caught if they haven't already left.
Coburg hit-and-run: Police find BMW

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:19 pm

When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

Sully

Postby Sully » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:31 pm

At least they found her. Doesn't make much difference to the girl and her family though.

Ross

Postby Ross » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:36 am

Dashcam footage shows runaway car ploughing into vehicle in Melbourne

http://www.news.com.au/technology/innov ... d320c22ee0
DASHCAM footage has captured the dramatic moment that an out-of-control car smashes into a parked vehicle, crushing it before ploughing into the side of a hospital.

The video shows the car driving out of the carpark of the Austin Hospital in Heidelberg in Melbourne’s northeast at 5.17pm on Thursday before losing control as it crosses Burgundy St.

The car careers over an embankment and crushes into the parked vehicle’s front windscreen.

Mr Fisher said he believed no one had been injured in the crash except for the driver, who was in a stable condition.

“He was conscious walking out of the car from what I understand … I spoke to his son and he said he was 96 years old but the looking all right,” he said.

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:07 am

Modern powerful, automatic cars with power assist for everything make it really easy for elderly people to drive. They also make it easy to crash - hard.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

BianchiCam

Postby BianchiCam » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:54 pm

Few weeks back but wanted to get some news on it before posting.
Driver is challenging the infringement.
Why?
Well. I put the wrong month on the letterhead of my statement.
Police think all should be good as i still have the paperwork from when i handed in the footage. Luckily.
Talk about sneaky.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 9745426151

BianchiCam

Postby BianchiCam » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:00 pm

This one is in the pipeline without the heavy editing.

BianchiCam

Postby BianchiCam » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:02 pm

Me again. These passes although illegal. Got their drivers slapped with a wet lettuce leaf.

khendar

Postby khendar » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:13 am

Moron motorcyclist today. A motorbike filtering down the bike lane on Payneham road. It was about 20 seconds or so. I happened to catch it on camera with number plate visible, but I'm not sure its worth posting it or taking it to police?

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:00 pm

Cyclist killed by truck this morning down the road from me, on Victoria Rd, Northcote.

Interesting that Fairfax has placed a vid of do and don't for car/cyclist interactions....and it's good.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/cycli ... zjynj.html

BianchiCam and summerknight....famous again!