Moron Motorists #3

il padrone

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby il padrone » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:20 pm

InTheWoods wrote:And next up is a 2nd tosspot from today whose brain simply can't handle life. Gets horn happy, then shouts "hey ****wit, move over". Crosses back into my lane for some more intimidation but then notices me tapping my camera and suddenly starts behaving ;)
I blame it all on poor driver training on the use of indicators :x That driver had plenty of opportunities to flick on his indicator and wait for a space; but people these days seem to regard the indicators as something to use during (or at times, after) your lane change. There is very little understanding that it is an indication of what you intend to do. Until you put the indicator on, nobody is going to hang back and make a space for you. So what should you be doing ????? :roll: :|

Mandatory helmet law?
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."

Howzat

Postby Howzat » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:17 pm

myforwik wrote:... Its kind of annoying how wide angle lens make it look like there is room, he did a punishment pass and only missed me by about 20cm.
I've stopped using the "super-duper-wide" setting on my cameras for that reason. A standard 135 degree view gets everything anyway.

BianchiCam

Postby BianchiCam » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:01 pm

Well I went to the cop shop last night and handed everything in again with another statement regarding my conversation with the Sen Const. Seems the desk jockeys suggested it goes to the Sen Sgt not Super as I have been informed. Apparently the Sen Sgt looks after all uniformed officers at the station. Believe it is a female which may be more useful considering I have kids et all.
Just waiting for a response. I even put my latest vid (considerate v inconsiderate) on the disc along with measurements from the scene.

Now we wait.

Cam

tallywhacker

Postby tallywhacker » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:30 pm

had this the other day. They really had to squeeze between me riding uphill and the bus coming down

InTheWoods

Postby InTheWoods » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:44 pm

tallywhacker wrote:had this the other day. They really had to squeeze between me riding uphill and the bus coming down

Very close! Are you in a state with a 1m law?

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:45 pm

BianchiCam wrote:Well I went to the cop shop last night and handed everything in again with another statement regarding my conversation with the Sen Const. Seems the desk jockeys suggested it goes to the Sen Sgt not Super as I have been informed. Apparently the Sen Sgt looks after all uniformed officers at the station. Believe it is a female which may be more useful considering I have kids et all.
Just waiting for a response. I even put my latest vid (considerate v inconsiderate) on the disc along with measurements from the scene.

Now we wait.

Cam
Did you include assertion of the similarity of consequences of the offence to speeding and drink driving in your covering letter?

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:02 pm

tallywhacker wrote:had this the other day. They really had to squeeze between me riding uphill and the bus coming down

And then they pulled into their apartment driveway....... :o

Did you consider stopping to give them some 'free education' ??
Mandatory helmet law?

BianchiCam

Postby BianchiCam » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:10 pm

Now that would have had me pounding a window for sure! Might be low speed but totally out of order.

@Tailgumby.

Yes. Mentioned that we recieve speeding tickets up to two weeks after the event. Still have to pay, so why is it different?

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:08 pm

From a Cycle.org.au post:

Reported to police. Mr Commode-hoon is facing a high likelihood of loosing use of his car for a day or two, plus fines etc. :twisted: :lol: Two more times and it's off to the crusher for it :P :D :D
Mandatory helmet law?

TheWall

Postby TheWall » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:22 pm

Love the wiggle of the finger. Some people are learn proof. ...

tallywhacker

Postby tallywhacker » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:46 pm

il padrone wrote:

And then they pulled into their apartment driveway....... :o

Did you consider stopping to give them some 'free education' ??
In WA our premier doesn't consider it necessary to protect cyclists.
I've taken wing mirrors off and kicked panels in, it doesn't educate the masses. I've been riding this route for about 17 years, the hill has a blind crest and this is the first time I can remember a car trying to squeeze through

BianchiCam

Postby BianchiCam » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:19 pm

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:48 pm

MGIF bicycle.
Mandatory helmet law?

stretts

Postby stretts » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:01 am

il padrone wrote:From a Cycle.org.au post:

Reported to police. Mr Commode-hoon is facing a high likelihood of loosing use of his car for a day or two, plus fines etc. :twisted: :lol: Two more times and it's off to the crusher for it :P :D :D
Absolute fool

malnar

Postby malnar » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:26 pm

On my ride on the weekend was preparing to make a right hand turn at a quiet roundabout - single lane on both roads. I see a white ute approaching from the opposite direction so I make sure my arm signal is visible. As I commence my turn its clear he is stopping to give way to me. As I ride past, this tradie's infuriated voice says 'get out of the middle of the lane you f*%#*^%'. It was as though me being in the middle of the lane affected him in some devastating way. I spontaneously called out for him to stop as I wanted him to tell me what his real issue is but of course he wasn't up for a chat. I guess I should be grateful he gave way safely. Probably humiliating for him to give way to a bicycle.

InTheWoods

Postby InTheWoods » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:02 pm

Funny, about 2 minutes after dropping a hard copy of my complaint at the station the main star of two of my videos I posted on the weekend passed me again. This time in the other lane. Not sure if just a happy coincidence, or he's given up trying to scare me out of the way, or after I tapped the camera last time he has looked on youtube on the weekend...

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:44 am

Extreme moronism, from somewhere in Yankeeland :shock:

Mandatory helmet law?

jules21

Postby jules21 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:59 am

I was impressed that most of the comments were defending the cyclist, until I realised why :?

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:40 pm

One comment sets it all out pretty clearly:
The motorist in this video is 100% at fault for the entire conflict and collision including the assault after the collision. First, the motorist passed the bike way to closely. It is illegal to pass any vehicle with so little room. The violation is reckless driving, and more. Next, the motorist drove in front of the bike with way too little room. The violation is failure to yield, erratic lane change, and reckless driving if the officer wants to be really mean. After he slammed on his brakes and forced the bike into his rear end, the motorist exited his vehicle and assaulted the biker. This is a violation of the motorist's duty to render assistance to a potentially injured accident victim and the criminal offense of assault and battery. This motorist should be disqualified for life because he is to temperamental to safely operate a motor vehicle. Other motorists, bikers and pedestrians should not have to be endangered by this criminal's behavior.
Mandatory helmet law?

WhingingPom

Postby WhingingPom » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:38 pm

Some fun from this afternoon's lazy ride home. Apparently, I was taking it so easy, I was practically invisible!

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:58 am

Driving to work. Get caught about 50m behind a bus so a few cars back. Bus puts his indicator on and what happens.... Car immediately behind was starting to overtake right then. Road rage time. Bus eventually takes off after driver returns to his car. Next stop, car overtakes and pulls up at the window and goes off again.... SMART. Buses have cameras for driver safety and he just got his ass nailed on camera and driver did report him :)
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

malnar

Postby malnar » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:12 am

Think I've got it: The bus was stopped & driver put right indicator on. The car was the one immediately behind the bus. Right?

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:36 am

Where I am, we have these signs on buses:

It's the law!!
Mandatory helmet law?

malnar

Postby malnar » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:42 am

Often interpreted as 'now I must hurry, I'm the last one allowed past.'

Aside: That's a well designed sign. Who ever did it all those years ago nailed it.

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:27 pm

I see many cars continue to pass buses with the indicator on in my area. I'm usually the first to let the bus out whether I'm on the bike or in the car.
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS