Moron Motorists #3

Derny Driver

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby Derny Driver » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:48 pm

NASHIE wrote:
StevOz wrote:Beware if you get anywhere near this driver! ;)

I reckon he must get an easy time when the cops pull him over :lol:
Oooh so tempting to put a big boot shaped dent right there on the decal :wink:

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:57 pm

Derny Driver wrote:
NASHIE wrote:

I reckon he must get an easy time when the cops pull him over :lol:
Oooh so tempting to put a big boot shaped dent right there on the decal :wink:

[emoji106] :D
Dogs are the best people :wink:

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:21 pm

When my kids were, well, kids our family and another family close to us used to go to a farm that did a trade in having visitors.

Among other fun things for the kids was an old school bus for taking the kids on a wild thrash around the rougher bits of the farm. We (I) took it upon ourselves to mark some score lines on the frotn and rear diamond shaped caution sign, the sort that you see with an older kid holding the hand of a younger.

My wife hates that I slow down more than she and others in suburbia and have no gripes with 50kph and further dropping in the suburbs. I'm about as anal and serious about sharing, safety and responsibility as anyone (boring 63 year old fart basically). I'd hate to think anyone judged me otherwise on the basis of that bus.

Don't take the markings so seriously guys. It could just a driver with a wit. :mrgreen:
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:47 am

Just like those people that put L plates on the race number holder on their bike after racing :P

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:59 am

ColinOldnCranky wrote:Don't take the markings so seriously guys. It could just a driver with a wit. :mrgreen:
The mentality behind that is not far shy of many of our bogan drivers even it is likely displayed in jest.
I'm sorry after too many close shaves and other aggressive driver behavior over an extended period I can't find a sticker poking fun at vulnerable road users remotely funny.

Derny Driver is spot on :)

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:35 am

This morning I was third in line for a red light at a pedestrian crossing. Waited for a child to cross, it's at a school, in a school zone. 1st car takes off, I push in the clutch then look to see the lights are still red, for a good while too. Could feel the love in the air from all the other drivers at the red lights. At the next red lights I pulled up next to the red light runner and looked across to see her busily tapping away at her phone, which indicates she'd probably been doing the same while waiting for the pedestrians to clear.

Wish there had been some of the constabulary watching her at the crossing.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:44 am

warthog1 wrote:
ColinOldnCranky wrote:Don't take the markings so seriously guys. It could just a driver with a wit. :mrgreen:
The mentality behind that is not far shy of many of our bogan drivers even it is likely displayed in jest.
I'm sorry after too many close shaves and other aggressive driver behavior over an extended period I can't find a sticker poking fun at vulnerable road users remotely funny.

Derny Driver is spot on :)
+1 I believe Colin you meant F-wit?

redsonic

Postby redsonic » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:14 am

In the same vein (using humour to justify denigrating cyclists), the latest Hilux ad once again paints cyclists in a negative light. I can't recall one ad on TV (other than a safety clip) that shows cyclists in a good light...

https://youtu.be/eQnX5KXDulg?t=53s

p.s. couldn't get the youtube clip to embed

Rajdanto

Postby Rajdanto » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:26 am

I'm sorry after too many close shaves and other aggressive driver behaviour over an extended period I can't find a sticker poking fun at vulnerable road users remotely funny.

Warthog has grunted some wisdom here, I can appreciate humour and this would be funny if I hadn't been on the receiving end of so much harassment particularly of late. The Wednesday bunch is fast becoming my only ride as my usual weekend solo "in my own headspace' rides have all but ceased. Yes, the illigitimus are wearing me down.

Newcastle Dave

Postby Newcastle Dave » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:04 pm

redsonic wrote:In the same vein (using humour to justify denigrating cyclists), the latest Hilux ad once again paints cyclists in a negative light. I can't recall one ad on TV (other than a safety clip) that shows cyclists in a good light...

Having said that, my mate and I did catch up to another rider one afternoon - said rider was wearing very old, very thin white knicks, unfortunately we could also clearly see he didn't have a black G-string underneath. Needless to say we didn't waste time in overtaking :D

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:11 pm

redsonic wrote:In the same vein (using humour to justify denigrating cyclists), the latest Hilux ad once again paints cyclists in a negative light. I can't recall one ad on TV (other than a safety clip) that shows cyclists in a good light...

FTFY just needed to delete the extraneous stuff after the ?

Code: Select all

[shareyoutube]https://youtu.be/eQnX5KXDulg[/shareyoutube]
Pity I couldn't remove the other offensive stuff as easily. For me it was not so much the negative stereotype as the suggestion that it is ok to shave whilst driving & that cyclists and pedestrians are mere obstacles to be driven through as quickly as possible, like some sort of chicane course.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:13 pm

Yes, these negative ads, along with the gutter media vilifying cyclists, probably heavily influence the bogans who screamed out from their passing cars (going in the opposite direction I note) questioning our masculinity, as we rode the Sydney-Newcastle Overnight event. Unsurprisingly, this occurred in bogan central, otherwise know as Gosford.

human909

Postby human909 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:16 pm

I can't say I find that advertisement too much of a worry. I wouldn't even be shocked with the Dutch having a subtle dig of that nature.

The worst I've seen is the government road safety advertisement that very overtly reinforces negative stereotypes towards cycling.

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:34 pm

human909 wrote:I can't say I find that advertisement too much of a worry. I wouldn't even be shocked with the Dutch having a subtle dig of that nature.

The worst I've seen is the government road safety advertisement that very overtly reinforces negative stereotypes towards cycling.
There wasn't anything subtle about the dig in that Toyota ad.
So what you're saying is it's ok to overtly play on the negative stereotype of lycra clad cyclists, but the inner city utility cyclist is sacrosanct?

I'd prefer cyclists of all persuasions were not ridiculed myself.

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:59 pm

warthog1 wrote:
human909 wrote:I can't say I find that advertisement too much of a worry. I wouldn't even be shocked with the Dutch having a subtle dig of that nature.

There wasn't anything subtle about the dig in that Toyota ad.
So what you're saying is it's ok to overtly play on the negative stereotype of lycra clad cyclists, but the inner city utility cyclist is sacrosanct?

I'd prefer cyclists of all persuasions were not ridiculed myself.
Nah.....I like the toyo ads like that :lol: And the idea that the hilux can handle all those pop ups in the city is good.....because that's exactly what happens! Including the white knicks (never seen a black thong tho :shock: ). Anyway, I've seen plenty here take the psss outta white knick people, so what's the big deal?

Cant see anything offensive about H's ad tho?

Ross

Postby Ross » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:22 pm

Policeman Chris Kohrs arrested over hit and run
http://www.news.com.au/world/san-franci ... 64bbb03f36" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TheShadow

Postby TheShadow » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:42 pm

Ross wrote:Policeman Chris Kohrs arrested over hit and run
http://www.news.com.au/world/san-franci ... 64bbb03f36" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
With a little judicious jury selection from a perfectly randomly selected S.F. pool he should get off with a warning. :wink:

TheShadow

Postby TheShadow » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:59 pm

Mostly this ad is a pissing contest with the Ford Ranger and several other manufacturers which I think have stolen Hilux's mantle as the biggest, strongest, most durable 4*4 ute you can buy for some time now. This ad is Toyota's unsubtle attempt to get in the face of their competition, and target market, and let them know they are the king of the hill again...allegedly.

InTheWoods

Postby InTheWoods » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:22 pm

Don't know where this is, but avoid it!!

*not my vid
*language warning

TheShadow

Postby TheShadow » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:17 pm

If they won't stop for a ute with a bull bar, what are your chances of getting right of way from someone like that when you're on a bicycle? :roll:
Highly appropriate song playing in the ute though, :lol: , Queen's "I want it all" ("...gotta find me a future, MOVE OUTA MY WAY, I want it all..BEEEEEEP!!! What the hell?!!! :evil: )

landyacht

Postby landyacht » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:21 pm

Image[/quote]

Oooh so tempting to put a big boot shaped dent right there on the decal :wink:[/quote]

personally i wouldnt feel bad if i scratched another line on the cyclist row for him ( assuming a him)

landyacht

Postby landyacht » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:21 pm

Image[/quote]

personally i wouldnt feel bad if i scratched another line on the cyclist row for him ( assuming a him)

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:50 pm

at the 4-5 second mark i was putting my bottle in the cage and for that half second my eye look down, a car also over took me which blocked my peripheral of the car about to turn right, hence my late brake and swing

http://vid14.photobucket.com/albums/a34 ... 8o6e45.mp4

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:40 am

jaseyjase wrote:at the 4-5 second mark i was putting my bottle in the cage and for that half second my eye look down, a car also over took me which blocked my peripheral of the car about to turn right, hence my late brake and swing

http://vid14.photobucket.com/albums/a34 ... 8o6e45.mp4
That was truly shocking. :shock:

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:04 am

Photoshop effort. The top two rows don't match the shape of the bodywork. Colours don't look right either.