Moron Motorists #3

jasonc

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby jasonc » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:53 am

cp123 wrote:where's the 'like' button when you need it.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:15 pm

trailgumby wrote:
cp123 wrote:
trailgumby wrote: [pedant] ummm, pure gold is 24 carat... [/pedant] :lol:

But yes, the cmments are great entertaonment
:P oh well. I wouldn't know. I'm 5 carat cheap and nastee! :twisted: :P

ps - TG - you know your last incident of the green ute - that video has been picked apart on the FB page of unsafe cycling Australia if you haven't already seen it. you can just guess what the comments there are... sigh
Not any more - I complained about the copyright infringement, and have blocked them. Lawful road behaviour 1, prejudiced bogan bigots 0
What kind of people were saying bad things about your video and what style of comments were they?
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

cp123

Postby cp123 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:06 pm

Mike - visit unsafe cycling Australia on farcebook.

There was a copy of TGs video and his screen shots with measurements on them. The comments were along the lines of 'boo hoo - ride on the road and sit a mile away from the edge of the road and then b**** and moan when others get too close to you blah blah. and all the peanuts had a go.

classy page that. another one is Brisbane's worst cyclists - which only has about 5 people on it.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:11 pm

cp123 wrote:
classy page that. another one is Brisbane's worst cyclists - which only has about 5 people on it.
Allegedly the page admins also run a pro cycling page and get a lot of their content from posters to that

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:56 am

My god is it !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !! day or what!

First was this moron. You know he was pushing it when the tires were squeeling.

Then this toss pot tried to slap me or something as he went by hanging out the window.

Followed seconds later by his out of town mate

Next set of lights this cabbie decides to change lanes while cars are still passing. The front of his car was in the other lane enough that cars were slowing down to pass.

Then there was this stupid woman who decided to straddle lanes with a motorbike beside her.

Just f***ing wow!

hannos

Postby hannos » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:57 pm

January 17th 2017 was the day of the moron motorist, and one ped. All taken on my commute home.

We have this plumber who just could not handle the traffic.

Then these two just around the corner who thought it wise to drive on the wrong side of the road...

and then we have....
Roundabouts, oh how I love thee!

Finished off by a youngster trying to be smart.
2010 BMC SLC01

caneye

Postby caneye » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:12 pm

looks like you need an AirZound!

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:00 pm

hannos wrote:January 17th 2017 was the day of the moron motorist, and one ped. All taken on my commute home.
Question any of them except the idiot ped and you KNOW the answer will be "Hurr, buddeyegodda..."
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:53 pm

hannos wrote:January 17th 2017 was the day of the moron motorist, and one ped. All taken on my commute home.

We have this plumber who just could not handle the traffic.

Then these two just around the corner who thought it wise to drive on the wrong side of the road...

and then we have....

Finished off by a youngster trying to be smart.
NSW needs an app on your camera that automatically uploads the video to the traffic infringement department. Could fund the North Connect and the West Connect :)

Where is the bridge? looks familiar but I can't quite pick it

Bunged Knee

Postby Bunged Knee » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:40 pm

mikesbytes wrote:
Captain Cook bridge.
ID please? What ID? My seat tube ID is 27.2mm or 31.6mm depending on what bikes I ride today.thanks...

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:21 am

Bunged Knee wrote:
mikesbytes wrote:
Captain Cook bridge.
The footpath looked right but it looks too flat in the video. Guess it must of been at the top

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:03 pm

Today's moron was the taxi steerer who looked indignantly at the big red truck blowing its air horn that just "came out of nowhere". I mean sure it had its lights & sirens on & it was 15 seconds behind another fire truck but how was he expected to see or hear it :roll:
Anything you can do, I can do slower

dmwill

Postby dmwill » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:40 pm

hannos wrote: and then we have....
Old mate put his hand up though....everything is fine if you just put your hand up.

TipTopanga

Postby TipTopanga » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:40 am

2013 Giant Defy, 1993 Diamondback Topanga.

cp123

Postby cp123 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:43 am

http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/4413 ... run/?cs=61

and

https://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/3422698 ... ead/#page1

and

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/superf ... bbf20e3b2a he has a lot of hardware now. :evil:

and for those of you who remember this one from nearly a year ago.... :evil: :evil:
Last edited by cp123 on Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

duncanm

Postby duncanm » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:49 pm

TipTopanga wrote:

multi-lane road.

Get ... out .. of .. the .. gutter.

Ride down the middle of the lane.

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:59 pm

duncanm wrote:
TipTopanga wrote:..

multi-lane road.

My first thought too, ride wider. Don't give them the opportunity to share the lane.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

TipTopanga

Postby TipTopanga » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:23 pm

bychosis wrote:
duncanm wrote:
TipTopanga wrote:..

multi-lane road.

My first thought too, ride wider. Don't give them the opportunity to share the lane.
Honestly i think that would create more problems than it would solve. I would expect that it would anger many more motorists by unnecessarily blocking an entire lane of traffic? = more road rage.

It doesnt really bother me if they share half a lane.. My issue with this one was that the lane was exceptionally wider than usual and was narrowing, they stuck behind me around the entire roundabout and seemingly drove to the left in order to teach me a lesson for being a cyclist or something i dont know.
2013 Giant Defy, 1993 Diamondback Topanga.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:41 pm

TipTopanga wrote:
bychosis wrote:
duncanm wrote:

multi-lane road.

Honestly i think that would create more problems than it would solve. I would expect that it would anger many more motorists by unnecessarily blocking an entire lane of traffic? = more road rage.

It doesnt really bother me if they share half a lane.. My issue with this one was that the lane was exceptionally wider than usual and was narrowing, they stuck behind me around the entire roundabout and seemingly drove to the left in order to teach me a lesson for being a cyclist or something i dont know.
Riding in the gutter invites close shaves. If you don't understand this then stop complaining about them.

InTheWoods

Postby InTheWoods » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:41 pm

TipTopanga wrote:
bychosis wrote:
duncanm wrote:

multi-lane road.

It annoys people sometimes but you will get way less close passes and therefore stay safer. When the only choice is to change lanes, they are far more likely to fully change out of habit and you will get more space.

Scott_C

Postby Scott_C » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:24 pm

InTheWoods wrote:It annoys people sometimes but you will get way less close passes and therefore stay safer. When the only choice is to change lanes, they are far more likely to fully change out of habit and you will get more space.
And in the event that they don't give you more space you have room to move left. If you are already in the gutter and get close passed you have nowhere else to go.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:03 pm

cp123 wrote:http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/4413 ... run/?cs=61

and

https://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/3422698 ... ead/#page1

and

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/superf ... bbf20e3b2a he has a lot of hardware now. :evil:

and for those of you who remember this one from nearly a year ago.... :evil: :evil:
The book is going to be thrown at her

phil_

Postby phil_ » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:37 pm

Makes me wonder how all these people manage to get their licence!

Finished my morning ride and this woman in a 4WD drove past doing probably 70 in a 50 zone, holding up her phone, swerving and almost hitting a parked car. Turned back and knocked on her window and asked her to put away her phone but only got ignored (even continued using it as she ignored other cars letting her merge into traffic).

But it gets worse! Her kid (probably 3-4 years old) was out of her child safety seat just roaming around in the back and even came up to the front.

Came across a highway patrol car only seconds later and was told there was nothing she could do if she wasn't there. :evil: :evil:

uart

Postby uart » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:27 am

TipTopanga wrote:
Hi TipTopanga. Why have you made your video private? I didn't get to view it.

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:55 pm

Why do they save the best to last?

Had a great morning for my first metric century of the year until this tosser came along in the last couple of K's and gave me a nasty surprise. I'm not sure what it is about this 2km stretch of road, but starting with being deliberately struck in 2009. I've had more road rage and abuse incidents here than all other locations combined.

Not sure if this is going to meet the beyond reasonable doubt test, but it was by far the closest shave I've experienced to date without being struck. I'd put it at between 200 and 300mm. Will be interesting to see how it measures up.