Moron Motorists #3

Biffidus

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby Biffidus » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:50 pm

I had a shocker today...

Yup, we've got the green so his has been red for a while...
... and wasn't going particularly quick
Three trailers!
Too close.
This guy is always parked on the footpath. It shouldn't bug me but it does.
Shared path use includes tradies too, right?
This guy didn't even pull all the way out, just stopped right in front of me.
Bonus video... Carways Truck passed me far too close and then blew through an orange/red he should have stopped at:

stretts

Postby stretts » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:10 am

good ole adelaide

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:03 am

Double points in NSW for the long weekend from today and people in Sydney lose their minds :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:49 am

Nah, didn't happen. They have license plates and would get caught if they ran red lights, which is why they don't do it. I call fake.

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:26 am

bigfriendlyvegan wrote:Nah, didn't happen. They have license plates and would get caught if they ran red lights, which is why they don't do it. I call fake.
Doh, you got me :)
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

elantra

Postby elantra » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:00 pm

Oops - double post
Last edited by elantra on Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elantra

Postby elantra » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:01 pm

Biffidus wrote:I had a shocker today...

Yup, we've got the green so his has been red for a while...

Three trailers!

Bonus video... Carways Truck passed me far too close and then blew through an orange/red he should have stopped at:
That is really poor form.
Long vehicles (and that B-triple is VERY long) obviously are not going to clear an intersection as quickly as a standard length vehicle.
You would think that this would create an imperative for them to NOT try that on.
These vehicles SHOULD be able to pull up just as quickly and safely as any other smaller truck.
The Australian public has been told that such extra-long vehicles are as safe as or safer than any other truck, pictures like those above would suggest they have been hoodwinked.

Also, on another note i think that the disappearing bicycle lane there in the vid is a massive road engineering fail too.

Biffidus

Postby Biffidus » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:23 am

elantra wrote:Also, on another note i think that the disappearing bicycle lane there in the vid is a massive road engineering fail too.
That's pretty much the norm for Adelaide. Bike lanes disappear when you need them and half the time they are only valid for two hours per day and used for parking the other 22.

stretts

Postby stretts » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:50 am

Yeah my route from Magill to Mawson Lakes has bike lanes maybe 30% of the way and when they do exist they stop randomly every few hundred meters

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:02 am

Biffidus wrote:
elantra wrote:Also, on another note i think that the disappearing bicycle lane there in the vid is a massive road engineering fail too.
That's pretty much the norm for Adelaide. Bike lanes disappear when you need them and half the time they are only valid for two hours per day and used for parking the other 22.
Don't forget dangerously narrow such as along Payneham Rd. I was in Adelaide for the TDU and rode along Payneham Rd out to Gorges Rd. That bicycle lane was less than a metre in width in sections and had a rough seam near the kerb. So I took the lane (two lane road in each direction), to be specific I rode in the right hand wheel track, and had some local cyclists tell me I was being inconsiderate to motorists riding there. There was next to no traffic and all cars changed lanes to over take.

yugyug

Postby yugyug » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:54 am

biker jk wrote:. That bicycle lane was less than a metre in width in sections and had a rough seam near the kerb. So I took the lane (two lane road in each direction), to be specific I rode in the right hand wheel track, and had some local cyclists tell me I was being inconsiderate to motorists riding there. There was next to no traffic and all cars changed lanes to over take.
Some adelaide roadies seem to be a bit well too trained but motorists. It means there are motorists who think they can get away with telling me to ride in the gutter, even when there isn't a crappy bike lane. I had my fair share of problems riding before in Sydney, but that didn't happen nearly as much as it does in Adelaide.

kenwstr

Postby kenwstr » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:58 am

RedlandSteve wrote:Some candidates over the last couple of months...

Yawn

InTheWoods

Postby InTheWoods » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:31 pm

Not my video. But a moron driver.

BianchiCam

Postby BianchiCam » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:33 pm

3rd April 2015

2nd April 2015

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:26 pm

More from the Peninsula!

So I got my swish pink jersey a few days ago, and today decided to channel my inner Jan Ullrich. Circa '05 T-Mobile vest, Rudy Tayos, Jan like preseason gut....I was the full 10 bucks today. 2 young fools decide to.....question my sexuality :lol: as they drive the hot xr8 past. But they're doing 40-50k's and there's a red light ahead. I got a bit angry, and there's nothing like a bit of adrenaline to get me going....even I can get 40k's happening pretty easily. They get the red, and find me next to the window asking for a chat. Whaddya know? Turns out they're cowards, and take off around the corner at speed, with me chasing. Then a quick right into Dromana shops car park.....where they unfortunately drive the front into the kerb going to fast, rip off the bumper and drive over it :lol: The driver seemed quite upset, enough for me to leave laughing :lol:

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:49 pm

fat and old wrote: The driver seemed quite upset, enough for me to leave laughing :lol:
you left? I would have hung around, pointed, laughed, taken some photos :mrgreen:

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:09 pm

fat and old wrote:More from the Peninsula!

So I got my swish pink jersey a few days ago, and today decided to channel my inner Jan Ullrich. Circa '05 T-Mobile vest, Rudy Tayos, Jan like preseason gut....I was the full 10 bucks today. 2 young fools decide to.....question my sexuality :lol: as they drive the hot xr8 past. But they're doing 40-50k's and there's a red light ahead. I got a bit angry, and there's nothing like a bit of adrenaline to get me going....even I can get 40k's happening pretty easily. They get the red, and find me next to the window asking for a chat. Whaddya know? Turns out they're cowards, and take off around the corner at speed, with me chasing. Then a quick right into Dromana shops car park.....where they unfortunately drive the front into the kerb going to fast, rip off the bumper and drive over it :lol: The driver seemed quite upset, enough for me to leave laughing :lol:
Very nice work :lol:
Thanks for giving my mood a lift :)
Dogs are the best people :wink:

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:25 pm

I'm sure that's the fantasy that many of us have but you lived it. :lol: Good stuff.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:03 pm

I think this one wins today 8)
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

BianchiCam

Postby BianchiCam » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:29 pm

Quietish roads into work today. So surprised to see that some folks are still in a rush.
All lighted intersections need a camera these days it seems.

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:08 am

jasonc wrote:
fat and old wrote: The driver seemed quite upset, enough for me to leave laughing :lol:
you left? I would have hung around, pointed, laughed, taken some photos :mrgreen:
Oh, there was pointing and laughing :D

Didn't think to take photos....my mind still thinks camera, not smart phone :oops:

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:06 am

then if you really wanted to dig it in you could have gone over and offered advice, suggested a different cereal box for their license.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:08 pm

I very nearly got wiped out by a very, very impatient motorist down near Prestons this morning. Unfortunately I don't have the rego, only the make of car - silver Lexus RX330, a lot like this:

http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/ne ... lexrx4.JPG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Coming up to the roundabout on Kurrajong Road and San Marino Drive, with me claiming the lane as I usually do at more than 50km/h I might add, this clown decides to come firing past me into the roundabout. He missed me by what seemed like 30cm. Apologies to those who heard the barrage of expletives.

lard

Postby lard » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:39 am

Warning Language not safe for kiddies :)

spirro

Postby spirro » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:09 am

Bit too close this morning

Focus Cayo Evo 2.0 2014