Moron Motorists #3

CXCommuter

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby CXCommuter » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:04 am

Brilliant one this morning- Little Miss in her Volvo 4WD station Wagon could not be bothered giving way to me in a roundabout (did not even look actually). I gave her a shake of the head and a sardonic wave (wasn't too close but was rude and inconsiderate).
Next roundabout 100m up she ran a bit wide on the exit and hit the traffic island and tore out the tyres side wall puncturing it.

Nice bit of justice for once.

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:40 am

CXCommuter wrote:Brilliant one this morning- Little Miss in her Volvo 4WD station Wagon could not be bothered giving way to me in a roundabout (did not even look actually). I gave her a shake of the head and a sardonic wave (wasn't too close but was rude and inconsiderate).
Next roundabout 100m up she ran a bit wide on the exit and hit the traffic island and tore out the tyres side wall puncturing it.

did you slow down to assist? and by assist i mean go

CXCommuter

Postby CXCommuter » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:51 am

Naturally i assisted...not

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:53 am

Riding downhill on Victoria Rd doing ~50km/h in a 60 zone, left hand land of 3 when a moron in a red POS close shaves me, to lazy or stupid to change into the vacant lane. The hand out the window, arranged in a distinctive pattern suggested it was deliberate. I change lanes & ride up alongside him, notice the missing side mirrors & give him a free & frank character assessment using colourful language even a moron could understand.

I have to move on though as the bus in front of him stopped. Still no sign of him when I turned off 1km later. Not sure what damaged his poor little ego more, the character assessment or discovering he was slower than a old fat bloke on a bike. :D
CXCommuter wrote:Brilliant one this morning- Little Miss in her Volvo 4WD station Wagon could not be bothered giving way to me in a roundabout (did not even look actually). I gave her a shake of the head and a sardonic wave (wasn't too close but was rude and inconsiderate).

Noice. Did you have time for a golf clap ?
Anything you can do, I can do slower

CXCommuter

Postby CXCommuter » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:44 pm

find_bruce wrote:Riding downhill on Victoria Rd doing ~50km/h in a 60 zone, left hand land of 3 when a moron in a red POS close shaves me, to lazy or stupid to change into the vacant lane. The hand out the window, arranged in a distinctive pattern suggested it was deliberate. I change lanes & ride up alongside him, notice the missing side mirrors & give him a free & frank character assessment using colourful language even a moron could understand.

I have to move on though as the bus in front of him stopped. Still no sign of him when I turned off 1km later. Not sure what damaged his poor little ego more, the character assessment or discovering he was slower than a old fat bloke on a bike. :D

Noice. Did you have time for a golf clap ?
Did the Nelson (see above)- felt more appropriate

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:38 pm

kenwstr wrote:An amazing thing happened on my ride today. On a pinch upto a blind crest with double solid lines, a truck came up behind me and slowed down remaining behind. Once he got to the point he could see the road ahead was clear, he started to accelerate and changed completely into the oposite lane to complete a safe and legal overtake. So surprised that when when I came across him parked on the verge, I stopped, thanked him and called him a legend!

I know its the wrong thread but seems somehow relevent none the less.

Ken
Try this one Ken :)
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=58958
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:37 pm

kenwstr wrote:An amazing thing happened on my ride today. On a pinch upto a blind crest with double solid lines, a truck came up behind me and slowed down remaining behind. Once he got to the point he could see the road ahead was clear, he started to accelerate and changed completely into the oposite lane to complete a safe and legal overtake. So surprised that when when I came across him parked on the verge, I stopped, thanked him and called him a legend!

Ken
Don't worry about it being the wrong thread, it was great to hear a positive story. Most out there do their best to keep all road users safe but unfortunately some think they are more important than the safety of others
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

CXCommuter

Postby CXCommuter » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:40 am

mikesbytes wrote:

Ken
Don't worry about it being the wrong thread, it was great to hear a positive story. Most out there do their best to keep all road users safe but unfortunately some KNOW they are more important than the safety of others
Fixed that for you

duncanm

Postby duncanm » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:06 am

Couple of morons this morning.

#1 - local school zone that's usually clogged up -- parking reduces to one effective lane, so cars need to wait for oncoming traffic to clear. Bus trying to come through, idiot mums and dads block road and realise they need to back up. Last couple ok, but the head of the queue can't actually reverse in a straight line and takes 5min to back up 20m.

#2 - B-double turning hard left (> 90 deg) off Pennant Hills Rd. Needs to take up two lanes to do so, shiny new ute thinks he can race down the inside - or didn't notice the indicator (wasn't paying attention). Large crunch -- it didn't end well for the ute. Truck driver shaking his head.

outnabike

Postby outnabike » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:33 am

What a pity you took the low road.....here was your chance to make a convert and you missed it. Imagine her telling the oldies that the only one to stop was a cyclist that she herself treated with ignominy... :) A chance gone begging.
Vivente World Randonneur complete with panniers

CXCommuter

Postby CXCommuter » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:17 pm

outnabike wrote:

What a pity you took the low road.....here was your chance to make a convert and you missed it. Imagine her telling the oldies that the only one to stop was a cyclist that she herself treated with ignominy... :) A chance gone begging.
No guilt here..I like low roads not as much climbing needed

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:41 pm

outnabike has a point. we stop and help other cyclists. why not motorists? even if they have just tried to kill us. it might make them realise we are human after all

cj7hawk

Postby cj7hawk » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:47 pm

jasonc wrote:outnabike has a point. we stop and help other cyclists. why not motorists? even if they have just tried to kill us. it might make them realise we are human after all
Excepting of course that most motorists don't actually try to kill us, it's just a result of them not realizing we are there at all. '

CycloTron

Postby CycloTron » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:52 pm

cj7hawk wrote:
jasonc wrote:outnabike has a point. we stop and help other cyclists. why not motorists? even if they have just tried to kill us. it might make them realise we are human after all
Excepting of course that most motorists don't actually try to kill us, it's just a result of them not realizing we are there at all. '
Also in this particular instance, it was noted that it "wasn't too close but was rude and inconsiderate". So, no mortal danger to life or limb. Perhaps a quiet word while helping to put the spare tyre on would have resulted in a reformed motorist?

CXCommuter

Postby CXCommuter » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:54 pm

Assumption here is that the motorist needed help- they pulled into a garage- I laughed at them as I rode past.

I wouldn't have helped them regardless- I also wouldn't help a cyclist that got a flat after trying to run me off a shared path.

I would help a random motorist in the sticks that got a flat/broke down, just as I would a fellow cyclist or random walker needing help.

If helping others floats your boat go for it, when they are rude and inconsiderate then my boat sinks

silentC

Postby silentC » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:56 pm

I really wish I was a calm, well-balanced individual like the posters above. I'm afraid I am far too petty for that, I would have laughed too.
"If your next bike does not have disc brakes, the bike after that certainly will"
- Me

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:09 pm

silentC wrote:I really wish I was a calm, well-balanced individual like the posters above. I'm afraid I am far too petty for that, I would have laughed too.
hindsight is awesome

silentC

Postby silentC » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:48 pm

Or as the French say "L'esprit de l'escalier".
"If your next bike does not have disc brakes, the bike after that certainly will"
- Me

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:05 pm

CXCommuter wrote:Assumption here is that the motorist needed help- they pulled into a garage- I laughed at them as I rode past.

I wouldn't have helped them regardless- I also wouldn't help a cyclist that got a flat after trying to run me off a shared path.

I would help a random motorist in the sticks that got a flat/broke down, just as I would a fellow cyclist or random walker needing help.

If helping others floats your boat go for it, when they are rude and inconsiderate then my boat sinks
Well said.

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:04 pm

Yeah? So will the feeling of my fists. :lol:

I'm all for helping anybody who doesn't try to kill me thos. :D

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:58 am

report this?

familyguy

Postby familyguy » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:08 am

I'm 50/50. Probably not malicious, but certainly sub 1m.

Jim

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:19 am

jasonc wrote:report this?
#1? Will you get anywhere with the heat? Will it make any difference to your day? Not belittling you at all, but based on what I read it seems a waste. The cops just don't seem to care. :?

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:29 am

front view

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:35 am

I wouldn't bother.
Save your efforts for the malicious b@$tards. There are enough of those.
Otherwise you will be seen as a serial whinger :|
Dogs are the best people :wink: