Moron Motorists #3

chriso_29er

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby chriso_29er » Wed May 16, 2018 11:23 pm

Just wow, there are some dead set morons out there.
Looking at the footage I would say the other cars reaction was involantary after the kluger tapped it towards the mid/rear. Shame it didn't end up worse the the kluger and put them off the road permanently.

On another note, what is even the point of that dash cam, possibly the worst quality video I have ever seen.

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Thu May 17, 2018 8:39 am

Ross wrote:Mums brawl over car space as school kids watch

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia ... ar-AAxiyLw
Police have been called in to break up a fight between two mothers outside a western Sydney school.

The feud started during school pick-up at a school in Harris Park on Monday afternoon, as dozens of young children watched on.

Mobile phone footage obtained by 9NEWS shows school staff, other parents and even a nun trying to intervene as the women continue to yell at one another.

9NEWS understands the argument was over a car parking space.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Westies...the same everywhere. :lol: :lol:

Oh....
even a nun trying to intervene
Lemmee tell you, I went to a catholic school in the late 60's early 70's. The nuns were some of the most violent people I've ever come across; moreso than even the brothers at secondary school...... bar one peadophile pyscopath. :lol:

antigee
Location: just off the Yarra Trail but not lurking in the bushes

Postby antigee » Thu May 17, 2018 10:37 am

Ross wrote:Police investigate apparent road rage incident in Kambah

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/nation ... 4zfjj.html
ACT police have appealed for help identifying a car involved in an apparent road rage incident last week, with the territory's top traffic cop saying the driver will likely face criminal charges.

Police have released dashcam video of the incident, which happened on Sulwood Drive, Kambah, about 2.55pm on Monday, May 7.

The video shows a black Toyota Kluger SUV pulling out into the emergency stopping lane and speeding up to draw level with the car in front as they head west on Sulwood Drive.

The Toyota then swerves into the other car and winds up in the dirt on the side of the road, before turning around and driving away in the opposite direction.
Kluger driver gets owned! He (presuming the sex of the driver here...) tries to push in to a turning lane at the last second instead of getting in the correct lane several hundred metres back and then rightly (IMO) the Mazda (?) isn't having a bar of it and doesn't let Kluger merge and then Kluger tailgates Mazda and then swings out onto the inside (left) of the Mazda and then swings back toward it and appears to try and ram it but Mazda reacts back and Kluger is pushed back out into the dirt and nearly hits tree and/or light pole. Kluger decides it doesn't want to play anymore and then does a U turn and nearly takes out oncoming traffic. Both as bad as each other really.
"The driver of that Kluger has been totally irresponsible and has not only put themselves at risk, but has put every other road user at risk."
Station Sergeant Boorman said it was not believed anyone had been injured in the incident.................."

good to see that police in ACT don't use the logic often used when drivers force cyclists off the road: "no injury = no crime" - guess if anyone in ACT has an issue Sergeant Boorman is your officer

shocking driving btw

uart

Postby uart » Thu May 17, 2018 12:59 pm

fat and old wrote: Lemmee tell you, I went to a catholic school in the late 60's early 70's. The nuns were some of the most violent people I've ever come across;
Come on F&O, I find that hard to believe. ;)
https://youtu.be/uDcP9uSMra4?t=158

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Thu May 17, 2018 5:18 pm

Came across a special person last week - driving a pantec along Parramatta Rd & decides he needs to get on the horn - empty lane to my right, but apparently changing lanes was too much trouble for him. A short section of lane appears & then disappears on the left, but I stayed in my lane. Moron decides to drive up on my left and shout abuse in between bites of a chicken wing. I return serve with a free and frank character reference. Left lane ends so he changes to the right lane to shout more abuse.

But having had so much time to spend complaining, presumably about how I was slowing him down, he then proceeded to drive through a red light, almost taking out a car. He was still stopped at the next light 100m up the road when I rode up & the abuse started again, so I thought I would take a different tack

Did you see the flash as you drove through that red light?
Whats the fine for running a red light now?
$330 isn't it (I was wrong its actually $439)

Suddenly he went all sheepish & drove off without another word. Sure I didn't see any flash, but I am guessing it will be another couple of weeks before he stops looking anxiously at the post. :D

Derny Driver

Postby Derny Driver » Thu May 17, 2018 5:35 pm

find_bruce wrote:... Moron decides to drive up on my left and shout abuse in between bites of a chicken wing. I return serve with a free and frank character reference... :D
Bwah ha ha ha ha :D :D :D

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu May 17, 2018 7:40 pm

Nice FB.

hamishm

Postby hamishm » Fri May 18, 2018 5:55 am

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Fri May 18, 2018 8:58 am

FB, is that covered under anti harassment laws?
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Fri May 18, 2018 11:35 am

mikesbytes wrote:FB, is that covered under anti harassment laws?
Not until they get to the point of intimidation, ie causing a reasonable apprehension of injury

Thoglette

Postby Thoglette » Fri May 18, 2018 12:47 pm

Pure "Onion". Love it.
Stop handing them the stick! - Dave Moulton
"People are worthy of respect, ideas are not." Peter Ellerton, UQ

London Boy

Postby London Boy » Fri May 18, 2018 7:35 pm

mikesbytes wrote:FB, is that covered under anti harassment laws?
In Queensland at least you might find the unlawful stalking provisions helpful: protracted or repeated conduct that causes fear of violence or of detriment to a person. A no-mark yelling from a truck maybe doesn't reach the bar.

You also have dangerous operation of a motor vehicle. It wouldn't cover the yelling, but the aggressive manoeuvring would certainly come within its ambit.

kenwstr

Postby kenwstr » Fri May 18, 2018 10:14 pm

Bathurst NSW yesterday some red P plate ute overtakes as I enter a turning lane opening on the left but this is not good enough for them. They then turn across my bow to leave the road and fishtail across a large dirt area narrowly missing a number of parked cars before entering the side street in a squeal of tyres trying to grip bitchumen. All this effort cuts off a little bit of sealed and clear of traffic "T" intersection that is more Y than T. Last I saw they were disappearing west at high speed. For anyone who knows the area, it's the corner of Gilmour St & 11 Mile DR.

I wouldn't have been at all surprised if they lost it and took out a few of the parked cars.
Compensating for something perhaps. :roll:

Ken

Arbuckle23

Postby Arbuckle23 » Sat May 19, 2018 11:22 am

Tilt tray at Red Hill this morning. Way too close!

Edit: May be time for a least a rear camera I think

b4igo

Postby b4igo » Sun May 20, 2018 7:00 am

You had me at P plate Ute.
kenwstr wrote:Bathurst NSW yesterday some red P plate ute overtakes as I enter a turning lane opening on the left but this is not good enough for them. They then turn across my bow to leave the road and fishtail across a large dirt area narrowly missing a number of parked cars before entering the side street in a squeal of tyres trying to grip bitchumen. All this effort cuts off a little bit of sealed and clear of traffic "T" intersection that is more Y than T. Last I saw they were disappearing west at high speed. For anyone who knows the area, it's the corner of Gilmour St & 11 Mile DR.

I wouldn't have been at all surprised if they lost it and took out a few of the parked cars.
Compensating for something perhaps. :roll:

Ken

Bentnose

Postby Bentnose » Sun May 20, 2018 12:22 pm

Heading downhill past some parked cars doing 40kmh+ in a 50 zone, just next to the center line with a red light ahead. Some stupid woman in a Honda CRV decides this is a good time to overtake me, we are basically heading side by side to the intersection except she is on the wrong side of the road. I had to brake to let her ahead so she didn't have a head on with anybody coming around the corner on the green. Proceeded to pull up behind her at the red light which we sat at for 30 seconds plus, madness.
No signature

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Sun May 20, 2018 5:47 pm

Bentnose wrote:Heading downhill past some parked cars doing 40kmh+ in a 50 zone, just next to the center line with a red light ahead. Some stupid woman in a Honda CRV decides this is a good time to overtake me, we are basically heading side by side to the intersection except she is on the wrong side of the road. I had to brake to let her ahead so she didn't have a head on with anybody coming around the corner on the green. Proceeded to pull up behind her at the red light which we sat at for 30 seconds plus, madness.
MGIF
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

human909

Postby human909 » Sun May 20, 2018 6:03 pm

The MGIF attitude and 'must go a the speed limit' is rife....

Just the other day I was driving and aggressively tailgated by an empty public bus. All sort of gestures were being made. There was a red light 50m ahead and another 200m ahead. He wasn't going anywhere fast, but for some reason he just had to get to that red light.

Of all people, surely you'd think that bus drivers would realise that accelerating hard to the next red light doesn't get you to your destination any quicker.

Thoglette

Postby Thoglette » Tue May 22, 2018 1:28 pm

human909 wrote:... He wasn't going anywhere fast, but for some reason he just had to get to that red light.
(Yehuda Moon's last post)
Stop handing them the stick! - Dave Moulton
"People are worthy of respect, ideas are not." Peter Ellerton, UQ

RobertL

Postby RobertL » Tue May 22, 2018 3:45 pm

I've always thought that there are a lot of drivers out there who aren't trying to rudely zoom past cyclists, they just have a complete inability to plan ahead.

A motorist of this type sees a cyclist and automatically wants to overtake. They'll even do so safely, giving the cyclist plenty of space.

Then, and only then, they think about the next thing that they have to do. They see a red light, and so slow down and stop for it.

It's bad driving on their part, because anything out of the ordinary will come as a complete surprise to them. They're the sort of drivers who only watch the car in front, so have nose to tail accidents on the freeway and don't understand why.

Scott_C

Postby Scott_C » Tue May 22, 2018 4:06 pm

RobertL wrote:I've always thought that there are a lot of drivers out there who aren't trying to rudely zoom past cyclists, they just have a complete inability to plan ahead.
There are also drivers who completely lack any and all situational awareness.

For example, I saw a car try and turn right at this intersection this morning:
https://www.google.com/maps/(AT)-31.954182 ... 312!8i6656

There are 3 no right turn signs, 2 one-way road signs indicating the cross-road flows opposite the direction that they wanted to go and the lane markings on approach show that the right lane only goes forward.

I was waiting to turn right from the opposite side of the intersection and gave her a quick beep (and a belated applause when she finally proceeded forward through the intersection) but she still tried for at least 10 seconds to make the illegal right turn despite all the signage indicating otherwise.

RobertL

Postby RobertL » Tue May 22, 2018 5:04 pm

Ha! I was in Perth for a week in April, saying in East Perth. It's the only time I've been there, and I recognised that street and intersection straight away.

It's a small world!

skull

Postby skull » Tue May 22, 2018 5:40 pm

To the clown driving their work car with their mobile phone mounted on the windscreen.

Yes I can see your screen, yes I could see you watching you videos and scrolling news.com, whilst you were not just stopped at the lights but driving.

SMH

Ancientflatulence

Postby Ancientflatulence » Tue May 22, 2018 6:43 pm

human909 wrote:The MGIF attitude and 'must go a the speed limit' is rife....

Just the other day I was driving and aggressively tailgated by an empty public bus. All sort of gestures were being made. There was a red light 50m ahead and another 200m ahead. He wasn't going anywhere fast, but for some reason he just had to get to that red light.

Of all people, surely you'd think that bus drivers would realise that accelerating hard to the next red light doesn't get you to your destination any quicker.
The bus driver was even dumber than you may think at first glance .......... heavy vehicles coming to a complete stop take a lot of work to get moving again .... it is far easier to ease up early and coast up to the lights hoping that they change whilst doing so .......... :) :)

pj

Postby pj » Wed May 23, 2018 7:54 pm

This clown couldn't wait an extra 2.5 seconds at get to the servo, at least he gave me lots of space :-)

Close shave with the oncoming black audi!