Moron Motorists #3

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby mikesbytes » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:38 pm

I guess the decision to take the video to the police depends upon how upset you are. The other factor to consider is whether taking the video to the police will prevent someone being seriously injured or worse in the future due to the same road user and your gut feeling is probably the best judgement
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

shintemaster

Postby shintemaster » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:54 pm

Lukeyboy wrote:Bravo. Bravo. Now catch a bus to your local TMR.
Technically that's 2 cars running a red light.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:30 pm

easier to park in a no standing zone and force cyclists out into the traffic....

hamishm

Postby hamishm » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:47 pm

I saw a rider on his time trial bike, in lycra, after 10pm, with no lights at all, last night in Hawthorn (Melbourne). Moron.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:06 pm

hamishm wrote:I saw a rider on his time trial bike, in lycra, after 10pm, with no lights at all, last night in Hawthorn (Melbourne). Moron.
Wrong thread. You want the Dumb Cyclists and Pedestrians thread.

eldavo

Postby eldavo » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:44 pm

He was probably confused thinking the TT rider was "motoring" along.

hamishm

Postby hamishm » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:10 pm

biker jk wrote:Wrong thread. You want the Dumb Cyclists and Pedestrians thread.
OK. Thought it might be useful to point out in this place that there are morons on bikes too, not just cars.

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:21 pm

hamishm wrote:
biker jk wrote:Wrong thread. You want the Dumb Cyclists and Pedestrians thread.
OK. Thought it might be useful to point out in this place that there are morons on bikes too, not just cars.
Oh there absolutely are idiots on bikes too. There really is a separate thread for those though - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=22881

It's up to 364 pages now.....
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

TheWall

Postby TheWall » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:55 pm

Saw a shocker on my car drive home tonight...was following a TransLink bus down David Low Way heading Sth towards Coolum right on dusk turning fully black. The said bus shaved a well lit rider who was in a proper bike lane (admittedly the cyclist was too far right in the lane but that is completely beside the point). The bus was hugging the left hand white line and made not one centimetre of movement to the right despite no oncoming vehicles being in sight...Would have been 30cm (if that!) in an 80k zone... So I pulled over in front of the bus at the next stop and calmly approached the bus and told him what he had done....and the driver went bonkers. He accused me of of threatening him and he called into base reporting that he had been road raged and he wanted a Police Report. I calmly offered to give him my name and contact details but he was popping at the seams by this stage. So I took a photo of the bus and driver and said I was heading off to find the cyclist. He said that I could not leave as he was contacting Police...

When I got home I lodged incidents with the QPS and TransLink.

This could be interesting.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:19 pm

TheWall wrote:Saw a shocker on my car drive home tonight...was following a TransLink bus down David Low Way heading Sth towards Coolum right on dusk turning fully black. The said bus shaved a well lit rider who was in a proper bike lane (admittedly the cyclist was too far right in the lane but that is completely beside the point). The bus was hugging the left hand white line and made not one centimetre of movement to the right despite no oncoming vehicles being in sight...Would have been 30cm (if that!) in an 80k zone... So I pulled over in front of the bus at the next stop and calmly approached the bus and told him what he had done....and the driver went bonkers. He accused me of of threatening him and he called into base reporting that he had been road raged and he wanted a Police Report. I calmly offered to give him my name and contact details but he was popping at the seams by this stage. So I took a photo of the bus and driver and said I was heading off to find the cyclist. He said that I could not leave as he was contacting Police...

Be extremely intersting if it just happened to be the driver who got spanked last week...
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

jules21

Postby jules21 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:28 pm

TheWall wrote:Saw a shocker on my car drive home tonight...was following a TransLink bus down David Low Way heading Sth towards Coolum right on dusk turning fully black. The said bus shaved a well lit rider who was in a proper bike lane (admittedly the cyclist was too far right in the lane but that is completely beside the point). The bus was hugging the left hand white line and made not one centimetre of movement to the right despite no oncoming vehicles being in sight...Would have been 30cm (if that!) in an 80k zone... So I pulled over in front of the bus at the next stop and calmly approached the bus and told him what he had done....and the driver went bonkers. He accused me of of threatening him and he called into base reporting that he had been road raged and he wanted a Police Report. I calmly offered to give him my name and contact details but he was popping at the seams by this stage. So I took a photo of the bus and driver and said I was heading off to find the cyclist. He said that I could not leave as he was contacting Police...

nice work. there's an attitude among some bus drivers of being superior road users and just going nuts when you treat them like any other road user. it's like "I'm in a bus! It's a bus! can't you see that" save it buddy

silentC

Postby silentC » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:58 am

Similar exists with all professional drivers by and large...

We had a nice close pass from a concrete truck yesterday. About 50cm off bars in a 100km zone. No deviation of line, no reason for it other than to show us who is boss. Serial offender. Has been spoken to in the past. DNGAF.
"If your next bike does not have disc brakes, the bike after that certainly will"
- Me

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:32 am

Mulger bill wrote:Be extremely intersting if it just happened to be the driver who got spanked last week...
the driver that got spanked was in brisbane
The Wall is on the sunny coast - different bus company
99.9999% sure it's a different driver

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:39 am

TheWall wrote:.. So I pulled over in front of the bus at the next stop and calmly approached the bus and told him what he had done....and the driver went bonkers. He accused me of of threatening him and he called into base reporting that he had been road raged and he wanted a Police Report. I calmly offered to give him my name and contact details but he was popping at the seams by this stage. So I took a photo of the bus and driver and said I was heading off to find the cyclist. He said that I could not leave as he was contacting Police...

Nice work mate :)

Did you find the cyclist?
Dogs are the best people :wink:

eldavo

Postby eldavo » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:23 am

Have you ever done that before TheWall? Given the recent rider slapping the driver footage, seems like the perfect storm :D

solmanic
Location: The glorious hills of the Sunshine Coast hinterland

Postby solmanic » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:57 am

jules21 wrote:nice work. there's an attitude among some bus drivers of being superior road users and just going nuts when you treat them like any other road user. it's like "I'm in a bus! It's a bus! can't you see that" save it buddy
I take the view that if a vehicle close passes me then for a private motorist I often let it go, but for a truck or bus, I always report it. My view is that they are a professional driver and should be held to a higher standard and they should DEFINITELY be a better judge of what 1-1.5m clearance looks like. I've explained this to our local cop (who gets all my online hoon hotline reports) and he understands and is getting better at following them up.

bitstuffer

Postby bitstuffer » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:07 pm

[quote="fingy"]In an Ipod world of his own

Must...beat...bicycle...

Eyes painted on

so do you have a blinky flashy light up front? Seems the XR8 bloke either is blind or was only looking for cars. As bright a flashing light as you can manage day and night...

TheWall

Postby TheWall » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:27 pm

eldavo wrote:Have you ever done that before TheWall? Given the recent rider slapping the driver footage, seems like the perfect storm :D

Yes, I have done it before...slightly different result but! That incident did not come to mind...perhaps it should have!

Did not find the cyclist...was looking out on way home tonight as well.

No calls/visits from the plods or TransLink today...

eldavo

Postby eldavo » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:15 pm

TheWall wrote:No calls/visits from the plods or TransLink today...
The cabin footage should end it quickly.

TheWall

Postby TheWall » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:57 pm

eldavo wrote:
TheWall wrote:No calls/visits from the plods or TransLink today...
The cabin footage should end it quickly.
Yep, that is my thinking eldavo. Really hope there is clear audio...I never stepped foot on the bus so maybe my voice will be hard to hear. If audible, the driver will look right plonker when that is played back :lol:

Still shaking my head about it all really...

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:39 am

Riding to work earlier in the week when I saw a car towing a boat go past. At the time I thought it was strange that it was dropping so much water considering there were no rivers or boating areas around. So I got home and reviewed the footage from when it overtook.

Needless to say following it through the next intersection all the water stopped dropping onto the road and was replaced with morse code on the road.

:lol: :lol:

eldavo

Postby eldavo » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:57 am

What was happening? Can't make it out on mobile.

Guessing, it reminds me long ago I adjusted timing on a 4WD, though I didn't tighten up the distributor bolt before the trip. A beer may have been in the vicinity at the time of timing check. I invited a cousin to the camping trip, he followed behind and wondered why it was sprinkling the whole way with clear blue skies, wipers on etc. Got to the gravel dust and it all stuck to his car. Found I was low on oil, and missing distributor bolt at top of block. Later figured out it ran down the back of the firewall, under the car to rear and into a spray in the tail vaccum onto my cousin's Falcon that followed.
Apparently he spent ages degreasing and washing his car. Some moronic things seem worth it ;)

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:43 am

eldavo wrote:What was happening? Can't make it out on mobile.
The first photo is a close up of a screen grab from when it overtook me. If you look closely you can make out the tow ball with the trailer coupling hovering above it and the locking handle way too far extended ie the trailer was never secured to the towball. When it goes through the intersection it hits a little bump which throws it off the towbar all together and because the chain securing it to the car is waaaaaaay too long it then scrapes along the road moving side to side as the car comes to a slllooow halt.

eldavo

Postby eldavo » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:47 am

Gotchya, so it was Flintstones morse code. Yabba dabba doo!

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:05 pm

:shock:
:o
:roll:

Head, meet desk...
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011