Moron Motorists #3

il padrone

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby il padrone » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:44 pm

find_bruce wrote:
biker jk wrote:Surely she'll be gaoled for at least three years.
Not drunk, not on drugs at the time, unlikely
Her priors are truly appalling - stealing pain-killers from elderly patients in hospitals; posing as a nurse for these hospitals (which she was not); using said pain-killers to support her drug habit. On top of the terrible road death and her denial of responsibility and litany of lies and excuses. She has little grounds for leniency.

The current penalty in Victoria, just for the 'failure to render assistance' charge is a max of 10 years in prison (bumped up after the Eugene McGee debacle in SA). Culpable driving should be even higher, but is almost never fully penalised.
Mandatory helmet law?
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."

Ross

Postby Ross » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:39 pm

84yo MM charged with dangerous overtaking

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/nsw/coo ... pt4ro.html

Can't embed video...

https://video-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t42 ... e=577275DC

Interesting comment on Twitter about this too from Bernie Carpenter

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:49 pm

Would love to hear the response or if it was ignored

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:52 pm

jasonc wrote:Would love to hear the response or if it was ignored
One guess...

Strange that a lot of supporting posts wondering about this somehow evaporated...
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

Ross

Postby Ross » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:08 am

Suspected drink driver ‘drove home with a dead homeless man lodged in windscreen’ (USA)

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-l ... 0beb22ce0e
A WOMAN on an all-night drinking bender slammed her car into a homeless man — then drove for more than a kilometre with his battered corpse stuck in her windscreen, according to reports.

Esteysi Sanchez Izazaga, 29, also known as Stacy Sanchez, had been out boozing at several bars in Oceanside, California, until the early morning hours on Monday when she got into her Pontiac sedan and started driving home, TheWashington Postreported.

When Sanchez reached Mission Avenue, she accelerated and barrelled into the victim, a neighbourhood transient who was either walking to or from a local soup kitchen, KGTV reported.

It was unclear If the victim was in the street or on the footpath at the time of the collision.

The impact tore off one of the man’s legs, which catapulted through a back window, landing on the boot of the vehicle.

The rest of the man’s body flipped onto the windscreen, shattering the glass and leaving him “impaled into the vehicle” with the top his head lying on the passenger seat.

Sanchez kept driving with the corpse lodged in her windshield, according to reports.

She even drove up onto the footpath and crashed through some landscaping before she stopped in a cul-de-sac, jumped out and alerted someone in a nearby home.

duncanm

Postby duncanm » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:11 am

Amazing,

riding into my usual fun pinch point this morning; residential street, 40 zone with school, large blisters in center of road for ~ 20m around S bend, line of parked cars with a 2tonne truck half way along sticking out another metre.

L-plater (*) in a Prius decides he/she can't wait (after me yelling 'wait'), drives along in the blisters for about 10m, then figures they're past me (and the blisters aren't too comfortable) and moves back over onto me as we approach the parked truck, I swear quite loudly in alarm this time and place two loud thumps on their rear quarter panel with my palm.

They're either completely oblivious to this whole chain of events, or decide I'm a nutball, and calmly proceed on their way.

* - not sure if they had a passenger - may have been an idiotic parent who forgot to take the plates off.

eldavo

Postby eldavo » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:00 pm

I'm done with this crap street (Beach Rd. Marmion Ave west to West Coast Hwy), crap illegal cycle lane, and WTAF is a driver thinking? They're playing AFL grand final as the tagger jersey-hooked onto the brownloe medalist child trailer? My boy was excited he was looking out the side window and thought we were racing the car and we won.

Of course for the encore all the cars stop at the intersection and have to wait for more cars to pass, not getting anywhere that made safety distance too expensive a luxury to give.

PS: it was a Sunday afternoon, got home just prior to it bucketing down. I'm sure they leave extra safety distance in the wet right? :lol:

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:58 am

That pesky M2 motorway and cars and trucks blocking my lane......
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

redned

Postby redned » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:42 pm

eldavo wrote:I'm done with this crap street (Beach Rd. Marmion Ave west to West Coast Hwy), crap illegal cycle lane, and WTAF is a driver thinking? They're playing AFL grand final as the tagger jersey-hooked onto the brownloe medalist child trailer? My boy was excited he was looking out the side window and thought we were racing the car and we won.

Of course for the encore all the cars stop at the intersection and have to wait for more cars to pass, not getting anywhere that made safety distance too expensive a luxury to give.

PS: it was a Sunday afternoon, got home just prior to it bucketing down. I'm sure they leave extra safety distance in the wet right? :lol:
Notwithstanding your anxiety, but from about 4m on the boy is having a good time: got the sunnies on, got some snacks, not pedalling, having a ball! Great work!

eldavo

Postby eldavo » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:01 pm

Haha yeah the kids love it, I've got some comical footage of the pair together, boy puts his cat teddy onto the rear tyre to give it a black beard, but 30min is really only parent bearable, and my wife hasn't even cared enough to watch it.

I had to ham up the post a bit to fit into this thread. I just take it as a learner for finding path of least resistance. Like another thread about being forced left unsafely, it's a reminder to take the lane on the downhill when the speed differential between car/rider is low. The problem is joe public driving will see a lane and say why aren't you using it, so just need a thick skin and hope no nutters who'll just drive over you like many of the UK rider videos.

I ride up the hill on the path at slower speed when driveway danger is less with more time to look/respond, and take the road for downhills at higher speed when paths give no vision/distance to people or cars popping out when they're looking for road traffic not path traffic.

Those 2 roads in the vid are the only ones I ride to get to the coastal path, where I take the path for road bikes or beach for fat bikes. I feel for riders who ride amongst cars, though many are lucky and have grown thick skins.

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:03 am

Bill Shorten was caught texting whilst driving - now Julie Bishop.

Ironically the bloke who caught her was using his phone whilst driving.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:25 am

find_bruce wrote:Bill Shorten was caught texting whilst driving - now Julie Bishop.

Ironically the bloke who caught her was using his phone whilst driving.
She probably received a good luck text message from Tony Abbott with an emoji she hadn't seen before (which looked remarkably like a raised middle finger).

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:26 am

find_bruce wrote:
Driver on ice, a lengthy criminal history and a poor driving record, dangerous driving causing actual bodily harm, sentenced to four and a half years' jail but will be eligible for release on parole after three.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:46 pm

find_bruce wrote:
find_bruce wrote:
Driver on ice, a lengthy criminal history and a poor driving record, dangerous driving causing actual bodily harm, sentenced to four and a half years' jail but will be eligible for release on parole after three.
What hope have we got? :(
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:08 pm

Mulger bill wrote:What hope have we got? :(
remove the human element
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

Cycleops70

Postby Cycleops70 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:48 am

The worst "moron motorist" I've encountered.
I was so very close to being a splat on the windscreen.

Cycleops70

Postby Cycleops70 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:48 am

The worst "moron motorist" I've encountered.

TheShadow

Postby TheShadow » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:30 am

I'm sorry but WA is like the lawless provence of Northern Waziristan, or Boluchistan, in Pakistan, where that's the customary mode of greeting and standard road manners. You're just going to have to suck it up. They all drive Toyota pickups there; this more expensive Landcruiser model likely designates him as the local Taliban Warlord. I noted his rego starts with "IED xxx" ... I mean, it's obvious. :roll:

You did well with your hand gensture of obeisance after he passed - show's respect and he'll like that - but next time try to scream out " Alluha Akbar" as well, just to reinforce you're ideologically on their side. You can't be too carefull.

eldavo

Postby eldavo » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:58 am

Let's not pretend we've got the monopoly on "dumb drunk and racist Aussies" in WA alone.
You have your fair share in QLD, plus the conservative nanny state history that continues to look like the cancerous tumour on a captive Tasmanian Tiger in Brisbane Zoo otherwise known as QLD Parliament.

silentC

Postby silentC » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:03 am

I've had half a dozen of those here in far south coast NSW, nobody has the monopoly on d heads. Ours are home-grown too, I'm pretty sure.
"If your next bike does not have disc brakes, the bike after that certainly will"
- Me

CXCommuter

Postby CXCommuter » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:27 am

Plenty of them here in NSW along with those previously in WA.

No one state has a monopoly on this type of behavior

TheWall

Postby TheWall » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:50 am

Cycleops70 wrote:The worst "moron motorist" I've encountered.

Are you sure there was not faint contact...looked close enough to catch a hand/elbow?!?!?

Shocker and should be charged with 'unsafe overtaking' (or whatever the WA equivalent is) as per the video of the old dude in NSW recently that was caught on dashcam....no contact was required for that Police Action!

human909

Postby human909 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:07 pm

:evil: That was millimetres away from becoming a "officer, he swerved into my path" incident. Looks like I'm the only witness alive/concious to tell the story, but you can trust me.....

TheShadow

Postby TheShadow » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:47 pm

eldavo wrote:Let's not pretend we've got the monopoly on "dumb drunk and racist Aussies" in WA alone.
You have your fair share in QLD, plus the conservative nanny state history that continues to look like the cancerous tumour on a captive Tasmanian Tiger in Brisbane Zoo otherwise known as QLD Parliament.
Try telling me something I don't know. :wink: I haven't even been to WA - I'm just sending up all ute/4*4 drivers. I consider I live in a more moderate inner fringe of the 'Kot Valley, with all kinds of religious fanatics, hard-line secessionists, and stock-whip-cracking devotees of large-tyred-vehicles very close by. A few years ago, they were close enough to throw a (empty) stubbie across the side fence into the neighbours yard. :roll:

Is it TheWall here who lives at The Gap in Brisbane and is battling that guy in his street who looks like a meth addict driving his 20YO, diesel 4*4 with a 2" lift kit, Big wheels and bullbar? That says it all. I've 'shared' a lane near there with what must be a similar individual and same type of modified 4*4. I know it's not good to stereotype, but with that kind of vehicle, being driven in a highly aggressive manner, there are a few assumptions you can safely make about the driver. At that moment they are revealing a lot about themselves.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:58 pm

TheShadow wrote:Is it TheWall here who lives at The Gap in Brisbane and is battling that guy in his street who looks like a meth addict driving his 20YO, diesel 4*4 with a 2" lift kit, Big wheels and bullbar
no. that's InTheWoods