Moron Motorists #3

stretts

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby stretts » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:18 pm

It looks as though the truck was turning left, and if the truck was in front of the cyclist, and indicating left, then the cyclist would be at fault as he must give way to a vehicle indicating turning left whilst in front. Those injuries though...., hope he is ok

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:09 pm

Had some lard ass in his Mitsubshi Triton slow right down and beep his horn at me because.... get this.... I was riding on the road... In a different lane to him. I know right. Anyway I chased him down... okay I changed lanes because he stopped at a red light for the same street I wanted to turn off onto and confronted him asking was it necessary to beep the horn. He's telling me to f*** off and what not. As I start creping backwards as I was between his car and a guard rail he opens the door and shows/threatens me with a crow bar/bent metal bar. If he started moving that he was getting out I would have been keen to take him on given he the hand he had the bar in, his size combined with the size of the gap he was proposing to knock my head in. Light goes green and he floors it spinning the wheels as he does his all important uturn.

duncan16v

Postby duncan16v » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:30 pm

The Mitsubishi Triton is beginning to challenge the black Toyota Hilux twin cab as the angry-bogan's-weapon-of-choice. Maybe they're angry because they couldn't afford a Hilux?

AKO

Postby AKO » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:44 pm

Man that's insane. The media feeds the hate and this is the end result. I can't express how angry these sorts of people make me. He wasn't inconvenienced in any way, shape or form yet he still wanted to smash your head in for it. Unbelievable.
Giant TCR Advanced 1 (2014)
Malvern Star XCS 5.0 MTB (2012)
Malvern Star Path Racer 1 (2015)
ProLite Cuneo

malnar

Postby malnar » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:06 pm

Was lining the guinea pig hutch with some old newspapers when I saw this from the Melb Herald Sun 25/09/2014. Haven't found any updates. :shock:

BianchiCam

Postby BianchiCam » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:49 pm

Bloody hell.

greyhoundtom

Postby greyhoundtom » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:13 pm

It always concerns me when you look at a group of what appear to be normal everyday sensible human beings, just how many total and utter nutters there are likely to be in amongst them, and just by looking at them you can't tell who is what until one has tried to kill you.:shock:

John Lewis

Postby John Lewis » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:19 pm

malnar wrote:Was lining the guinea pig hutch with some old newspapers when I saw this from the Melb Herald Sun 25/09/2014. Haven't found any updates. :shock:
Something a bit similar in Perth recently.
Motorist chased and ran over cyclist.
It was in front of a Police Station and I believe he was observed by police and arrested on the spot.

John

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:48 pm

John Lewis wrote:Something a bit similar in Perth recently.
Motorist chased and ran over cyclist.
It was in front of a Police Station and I believe he was observed by police and arrested on the spot.
he was given more than a slap on the wrist?

human909

Postby human909 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:02 pm

jasonc wrote:he was given more than a slap on the wrist?
He got cuffs slapped on his wrists.... Further justice is still in process...

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:44 pm

Great attitudes in Kiwi-land :roll: :x
Mandatory helmet law?
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."

greyhoundtom

Postby greyhoundtom » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:15 pm

There are some sick ba$tards in this world. :cry:

Gordonhooker

Postby Gordonhooker » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:02 am

If you check out the page the co-ordinator talks to the allegations made and defends the site in the same way we defend the MM and Dumb Cyclist threads, but then you look at the next few posts and the language leaves a lot to be desired...

The thing is both sides of this ongoing battle for "Who is right" need to step back and think about what they do.

Cyclists 2 abreast riding along a single lane road - double lines - 2 abreast is legal but why not yield and move back into single line to allow cars to pass safely? On both sides people believe they are entitled and bugger the rest of the road users...
OI onya bike!!!

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:42 am

I generally don't hear posters on the MM or Dumb Cyclists threads threatening anyone with violence. Same cannot be said for that Kiwi nutland, nor our very own DFROC loopies.
Mandatory helmet law?
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."

Gordonhooker

Postby Gordonhooker » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:48 pm

il padrone wrote:I generally don't hear posters on the MM or Dumb Cyclists threads threatening anyone with violence. Same cannot be said for that Kiwi nutland, nor our very own DFROC loopies.
I have not heard any either but I have read a few over the past couple of years.
OI onya bike!!!

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:54 pm

Gordonhooker wrote:
il padrone wrote:I generally don't hear posters on the MM or Dumb Cyclists threads threatening anyone with violence. Same cannot be said for that Kiwi nutland, nor our very own DFROC loopies.
I have not heard any either but I have read a few over the past couple of years.
a few vs how many car/truck/motorbike drivers have threatened cyclists with violence?
hence the need for threads like this

human909

Postby human909 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:03 pm

Gordonhooker wrote:Cyclists 2 abreast riding along a single lane road - double lines - 2 abreast is legal but why not yield and move back into single line to allow cars to pass safely? On both sides people believe they are entitled and bugger the rest of the road users...
Because in some circumstances doing so can put the cyclist's safety at risk.

Yes as a cyclist I do believe I am entitled to be safe on the road. Yes I do think my entitlement of safety is more important than the the expediency of a motorist. As a motorist I think the same way.

casual_cyclist

Postby casual_cyclist » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:31 pm

AKO wrote:Man that's insane. The media feeds the hate and this is the end result. I can't express how angry these sorts of people make me. He wasn't inconvenienced in any way, shape or form yet he still wanted to smash your head in for it. Unbelievable.
I doubt that irrational rage like that has anything to do with the media. The guy has anger issues. It is likely that it is more than cyclists that cop abuse. Walking past the bottle-o yesterday, some kid was doing his nut at the shop attendant. Not sure what the grievance was but the string of expletives that came out of the kids mouth would have made a sailer blush. That is some deep seated anger issues right there. I see it way too often. Scary stuff.
<removed by request>

greyhoundtom

Postby greyhoundtom » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:28 am

While that sort of action may be due to a very poor mix of genes, I for one do blame the parents because this type of anger outburst is often a learned response by examples at home, and unfortunately many parents do not, or are incapable of teaching their kids how to control excessive emotional outbursts. :cry:

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:50 pm

casual_cyclist wrote:
AKO wrote:Man that's insane. The media feeds the hate and this is the end result. I can't express how angry these sorts of people make me. He wasn't inconvenienced in any way, shape or form yet he still wanted to smash your head in for it. Unbelievable.
I doubt that irrational rage like that has anything to do with the media. The guy has anger issues. It is likely that it is more than cyclists that cop abuse. Walking past the bottle-o yesterday, some kid was doing his nut at the shop attendant. Not sure what the grievance was but the string of expletives that came out of the kids mouth would have made a sailer blush. That is some deep seated anger issues right there. I see it way too often. Scary stuff.
Whilst you can't blame the media for his anger control issues, what the constant negative portrayal of cyclists in the media does, is normalise antagonism toward cyclists, and place cyclists on the radar as a legitimate target for a venting of internal frustration by these underdeveloped morons.
Dogs are the best people :wink:

casual_cyclist

Postby casual_cyclist » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:01 pm

warthog1 wrote:Whilst you can't blame the media for his anger control issues, what the constant negative portrayal of cyclists in the media does, is normalise antagonism toward cyclists, and place cyclists on the radar as a legitimate target for a venting of internal frustration by these underdeveloped morons.
Yes, that is true and I do not agree with any of the 'war on our roads' tv news or newspaper articles. There is no 'war on our roads'. It is entirely a media creation to sell newspapers or as clickbait on the internet. I have no doubt that some of the antagonism towards cyclists is incited by these articles. It's really not good enough and I think to some extent the cycling advocacy groups buy into the narrative by participating in the stories. It would be great if uniformally across Australia the first message from cycling advocacy groups was that there is no war on our roads. But even if they said that it is unlikely the media outlets would publish the comments because it doesn't perpetuate their agenda. It's a shame really.

To be clear, I am not saying there are no issues with sharing the road space. There clearly is. Far to many motorists, cyclists and pedestrians are killed every year on our roads. It is sad, disgusting and really not good enough. There is far more that all road users can do to be safe. It is not the though of improving road safety that I am opposed to, simply the language the media uses to sell their stories that I don't agree with. Check out the headlines:
"Battle for our roads" (link)
"How drivers and cyclists are doing battle on daily commute" (link)
"Why the war between drivers and cyclists?" (link)

I agree with the sentiments of this article: There is no war between motorists and cyclists

Something interesting in all of this is that "Pedestrian accidents account for between 15 and 20% of all road deaths in Australia." but according to the media there is no "war on our roads" between pedestrians and motorists. I wonder why that is?
<removed by request>

herzog

Postby herzog » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:22 pm

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:13 pm

herzog wrote:
Scary, but that is the most amazing under threat dismount I've ever seen. :shock:
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:22 pm

herzog wrote:
Not sure I agree with that one. The cars had a clear green, albeit one side was clogged with traffic, and the cyclist just went straight across on what I have to assume as a red.
You can see the car lanes ch age orange/red not long after her bike gets wiped out. She is very lucky to be alive!
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

MisuVir

Postby MisuVir » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:23 pm

I thought the moron was the guy in front who hopped out of his car, checked it for scratches, then drove off through the red light without checking if the cyclist was OK?