Moron Motorists #3

herzog

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby herzog » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:24 pm

Adrenaline doesn't excuse punching a woman in the face in front of her kids.

Same excuse is used in domestic violence cases.

wellington_street

Postby wellington_street » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:28 pm

biker jk wrote:... (the news beat up emphasised that she was a mother and was assaulted with her children and mother in the vehicle).
I have noticed this more and more lately, as if it makes any difference. You're really struggling if you have to play the helpless woman/child angle.

InTheWoods

Postby InTheWoods » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:05 pm

herzog wrote:Adrenaline doesn't excuse punching anybody in the face in front of their kids.

Same excuse is used in domestic violence cases.
FTFY

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:19 pm

wellington_street wrote:
biker jk wrote:... (the news beat up emphasised that she was a mother and was assaulted with her children and mother in the vehicle).
I have noticed this more and more lately, as if it makes any difference. You're really struggling if you have to play the helpless woman/child angle.
Not too long ago I had a mother put down the passenger window in the rain so she could yell over the top of her child sitting in the front passenger seat to tell me that I was going to fast in a 70kph zone without a single car within 600m behind me after she cut me off exiting a hungry jacks drive thru :roll:

clydesmcdale

Postby clydesmcdale » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:27 pm

I once got left hooked by a mother with a child in the back. After I slammed the brakes. She stopped, lowered the passenger window to abuse me (including many expletives) for having the gall to be in the bike lane.

I opened the door took out her hand bag and threw it under her stationary vehicle (Audi Q7) As she was stopped across both bike and car lanes, she had to get out and fetch it from under the car... I rode off.

In hindsight not my proudest moment, but was very satisfying at the time.

Tomca74

Postby Tomca74 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:51 pm

wellington_street wrote:
The agenda of the media is quite disturbing, moreso lately. I witnessed a drug-frigged guy slash up another person on Sunday in a pre-meditated attack and was reported as "arrested for having a knife" why not go with the truth?

Major Taylor

Postby Major Taylor » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:24 pm

Yeah motherhood is a good excuse for many bad behaviours, including raising children. May I quote my favourite country and western song about the matter?
It's Jerry Jeff Walker if you care.

He was born in Oklahoma
His wife's name's Betty Lou Thelma Liz
And he's not responsible for what he's doing
Cause his mother made him what he is

And it's up against the wall Redneck Mother
Mother, who has raised her son so well
He's thirty-four and drinking in a honky tonk
Just kicking hippies asses and raising hell

Sure does like his Falstaff beer
Likes to chase it down with that Wild Turkey liquor
Drives a fifty-seven GMC pickup truck
He's got a gun rack"Goat ropers need love, too" sticker

And it's up against the wall Redneck Mother
Just kicking hippies asses and raising hell

Well
M is for the mudflaps you give me for my pickup truck
O is for the Oil I put on my hair
T is for T-bird
H is for Haggard
E is for eggs, and
R is for REDNECK

Up against the wall Redneck Mother
Kicking hippies asses and raising hell

jules21

Postby jules21 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:31 pm

re: mother punching cyclist. credibility of mother: not high. i like how ch.9 reported her unsubstantiated allegations as fact.

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:41 pm

I think she was another one of those "oh look a cyclist so I can beat them" or just plain unaware of her surroundings. She was driving down a road and realized she was going the wrong way so she did a u-turn. While doing the u-turn she had to stop... sorry... "paused" because she saw the cyclist and then continued on. What I'd like to know was how close she got to him before she realized he was there. What I also find interesting is in the video if that was the same location or near where the incident happened there was single solid continuous line in the background.....

I don't condone the cyclists actions but something fishy is going on.

Duck!
Expert

Postby Duck! » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:22 pm

wellington_street wrote:
More evidence that those "Baby on board" signs would be much better place on the steering wheel....
I had a thought, but it got run over as it crossed my mind.

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:39 pm

nezumi wrote:Don't like her behaivour at all, but I also don't like this cyclist's belligerent attitude. In two videos of his I have seen, he berates people with the highway code.
Takes two to tango however. The crazy woman is one of the most belligerent, outrageous screamers I've seen in quite a while. VERY teenage response, and if her driving is as belligerent this it would explain the cyclist being pretty P'ed off at her tailgating actions (in a 20kmh speed limit zone).
Mandatory helmet law?
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."

wellington_street

Postby wellington_street » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:04 pm

arkle wrote:This lady justifies her illegal behaviour by claiming that the cyclist is not wearing proper cycling clothing.

arkle
Is the law different in the UK? Looks like he's overtaking traffic on double lines, through an intersection etc before coming across the woman in the green car.

Also, was she the tailgater from earlier? If not, why does he have a go at her for being on her phone in stationary traffic? On the list of dangerous things to do on the road, that is very close to the bottom.

arkle

Postby arkle » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:36 pm

wellington_street wrote:
arkle wrote:This lady justifies her illegal behaviour by claiming that the cyclist is not wearing proper cycling clothing.

arkle
Is the law different in the UK? Looks like he's overtaking traffic on double lines, through an intersection etc before coming across the woman in the green car.

Also, was she the tailgater from earlier? If not, why does he have a go at her for being on her phone in stationary traffic? On the list of dangerous things to do on the road, that is very close to the bottom.
Hi wellington_street,

He's overtaking the traffic in hatched areas that are bordered by broken lines not solid lines. In the UK you can't cross solid lines but you are allowed to cross broken lines. It's great for filtering!

It's the same car that tailgated him earlier. You see her speed off across (the wrong side of) a mini-roundabout earlier in the video. She must have been taking a short cut, but the cyclist caught up with her anyway.

arkle
http://www.facebook.com/SteveHargreavesArtwork
instagram: @stevehargreavesartwork

wellington_street

Postby wellington_street » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:04 am

Thanks arkle that makes some sense.

malnar

Postby malnar » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:20 am

Re Rachel Wilson mentioned above, she has also been interviewed by Neil Mitchell. She says the rider said 'you can't make a U-turn here'. Sounds like he was telling her it was illegal.

FWIW there was no visual sign of injury on her face on the news last night. If I recall correctly she claimed to have been punched but didn't claim to have been injured.

David Galbally was on both the 9 news story & Neil Mitchell saying cyclists will get away with violence like this whilst they do not have ID on their bikes or backs.

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/neil-mitche ... 2z2fd.html

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:29 am

Cars have IDs on them (call numberplates and registration) and they still get away with violence towards other road users.

jules21

Postby jules21 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:45 am

g-boaf wrote:Cars have IDs on them (call numberplates and registration) and they still get away with violence towards other road users.
motorists have the potential to cause severe injury or death while behind the wheel, thus the elevated need for identification (which isn't really provided with a rego plate anyway).

cyclists do not have that potential, certainly no more than pedestrians. the justification for IDing cyclists is based mostly in cyclist-hating.

FuzzyDropbear

Postby FuzzyDropbear » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:19 pm

Interesting how she says at the start of the interview that she didn't see the rider coming, but then later, when discussing what happened when the cyclist approached her car, she states that she said "I left you room, I saw you coming". I dunno, but that seems a bit of a hole in the recollection of events.

I also see a few people freaking out when they're driving in a new area and they miss a turn, or something unexpected happens, like you can't do a right hand turn to get into a carpark etc. A lot of people these days seem to handle situations like this very poorly, I'm not sure whether it's an over reliance on modern GPS navigation systems or what, but drivers seems to freak out if they miss their destination, instead of just doing a blocky etc. People seem to be terrified of getting lost. It seems to then put drivers into a fenzy because they don't know what to do as the GPS all of a sudden isn't telling them what to do to overcome this obstacle and then they get flustered, make a rash, often unsafe decision and then blame someone or something else.

Not that I condone the cyclists behaviour, a blasting yes, a punch in the jaw, no.

jules21

Postby jules21 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:24 pm

FuzzyDropbear wrote: Interesting how she says at the start of the interview that she didn't see the rider coming, but then later, when discussing what happened when the cyclist approached her car, she states that she said "I left you room, I saw you coming". I dunno, but that seems a bit of a hole in the recollection of events.
who knows what happened but it sounds a bit like she may have done a panic u-turn and thought "no time to give way to cyclists!"
FuzzyDropbear wrote:Not that I condone the cyclists behaviour, a blasting yes, a punch in the jaw, no.
laying your hands on someone is absolutely unacceptable, although where intent on the part of the driver is involved my sympathy increases, but it's important to note she claims being punched. he might have just pushed her or something - not that that's OK either.

birdbrain

Postby birdbrain » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:03 pm

malnar wrote:
Re Rachel Wilson mentioned above, she has also been interviewed by Neil Mitchell. She says the rider said 'you can't make a U-turn here'. Sounds like he was telling her it was illegal.

FWIW there was no visual sign of injury on her face on the news last night. If I recall correctly she claimed to have been punched but didn't claim to have been injured.

David Galbally was on both the 9 news story & Neil Mitchell saying cyclists will get away with violence like this whilst they do not have ID on their bikes or backs.

yep! I noticed that... Not a mark on her face. If true there is no justification for punching somebody in the face especially a woman but I'm wondering if the police will charge her for making an illegal U-Turn in Beach Road? ..... Well of course not!

interesting comments :? on the blog to which I added my own :D

http://www.3aw.com.au/action/postComment" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:03 pm

jules21 wrote:cyclists do not have that potential, certainly no more than pedestrians. the justification for IDing cyclists is based mostly in cyclist-hating.
Very good point. A registration plate on cyclists would be tantamount to ID cards for every pedestrian.

Last edited by il padrone on Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mandatory helmet law?
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:55 pm

I think all cyclists should have id on their clothing......... right across the ass cheeks. Stupid sexy cyclists! :twisted: :twisted:

"Did you catch the cyclists id number?"
"No..... but they had a great ass"
"Calling all units. We are looking for a cyclist. Red jersey. Black pants. Rides a black bike. Has a great ass"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thrilloilogy

Postby Thrilloilogy » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:24 pm

bychosis wrote:As it is often, there is more than one way to ride with traffic. I have done both, filter to the front and hang in the queue. I will continue to do both depending on the situation. Traffic volumes, space for riding, how I feel (energetic?) and others all vary the situation. Watching these video, reading the MM stories will help me learn what can happen and help me stay safer.
I have found this particular thread useful in making me a safer rider. The analysis of different situations has been very informative.

ldrcycles

Postby ldrcycles » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:16 pm

Lukeyboy wrote:I think all cyclists should have id on their clothing......... right across the ass cheeks. Stupid sexy cyclists! :twisted: :twisted:

"Calling all units. We are looking for a cyclist. Red jersey. Black pants. Rides a black bike. Has a great ass"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LMAO :lol:
"I must be rather keen on cycling"- Sir Hubert Opperman.

Road Record Association of Australia

InTheWoods

Postby InTheWoods » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:15 pm

Lukeyboy wrote:I think all cyclists should have id on their clothing......... right across the ass cheeks. Stupid sexy cyclists! :twisted: :twisted:

Like this?