Moron Motorists #3

InTheWoods

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby InTheWoods » Mon May 06, 2013 1:13 pm

http://road.cc/content/news/82424-commu ... t-25-years" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:( This guy in Scotland has killed 2 cyclists so far in separate incidents. I understand why, but still wish it wasn't so, that at his second trial they couldn't reveal that this was #2...

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Mon May 06, 2013 8:14 pm

Can we please keep this thread for the display and discussion of the drongos of the day.
Anybody wishing to further debate the horrific events up north can take it to Wombles thread in safety.

Shaun
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Mon May 06, 2013 10:56 pm

I asked politely and find_bruce (thank you) repeated my request here however it didn't seem to help.

Specifically ... on BNA we are showing respect to family and friends on topics surrounding cyclists tragedy - and this is acheived by generally refraining from discussion and speculation. This community is not designed or focussed on investigating and solving these problems so society will not suffer nor will this community without detailed discussion of these topics. For general cycling safety topics, please head to the cycling safety section.

Despite spending too long removing posts and pondering this, I won't lock this thread but ask.....
THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE.

Christopher (Admin)
Cycling is in my BNA

Postieboy

Postby Postieboy » Tue May 07, 2013 9:28 am

Just a needless close pass by this moron the other night - and at speed too :shock:

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Tue May 07, 2013 2:06 pm

Ouch Postieboy. That was fast.

KonaCommuter

Postby KonaCommuter » Tue May 07, 2013 5:58 pm

2012 Oppy A4

ozzymac

Postby ozzymac » Tue May 07, 2013 6:24 pm

KonaCommuter wrote:
Love the pic at the end..... So true.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

twizzle

Postby twizzle » Tue May 07, 2013 9:32 pm

Riding home tonight, two lanes of stopped traffic at lights, a form-one-lane on the other side. There's a motorbike filtering between the cars, the lights go green when he's two cars back but he guns it thought into the left hand lane. But up ahead, the traffic had stopped at the end of the FOL to let a car across, and he hadn't seen the bike.... The car slams the brakes on, motorbike shaves his front bumper... then dives into the on-road bicycle lane and disappears off into the horizon. :shock:

Sent from my iThingy...
I ride, therefore I am. But don't ride into harm's way.
...real cyclists don't have squeaky chains...

fingy

Postby fingy » Tue May 07, 2013 10:27 pm

A couple of nongs

Ignoto

Postby Ignoto » Fri May 10, 2013 9:42 am

Came across this today - it's taken from Brooklyn in the states. One of the worst incidents I've seen. Not only does the driver try and swipe the cyclist several times, but he starts threatening and using mates of his to intimidate the cyclist

jules21

Postby jules21 » Fri May 10, 2013 10:19 am

Ignoto wrote:Came across this today - it's taken from Brooklyn in the states. One of the worst incidents I've seen. Not only does the driver try and swipe the cyclist several times, but he starts threatening and using mates of his to intimidate the cyclist
that's just appalling - the cyclist had nowhere to go other than the "middle of the street". i'd have complained if i were the cyclist - driving offences and unlawfully detaining a person.

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Fri May 10, 2013 10:28 am

Ignoto wrote:Came across this today - it's taken from Brooklyn in the states. One of the worst incidents I've seen. Not only does the driver try and swipe the cyclist several times, but he starts threatening and using mates of his to intimidate the cyclist
That's terrible. I'd be so scared if I was the cyclist.

I can't hear what the MM is saying to the cyclist. Is it something about the cyclist being wrong as he is not riding at the speed limit?

I hope that piece of work got charged.

InTheWoods

Postby InTheWoods » Fri May 10, 2013 10:30 am

Driver definitely fits the label of "moron". If I was the rider, I would have been pretty tempted just to wait behind the car the first time he brake checked rather than get squeezed where he did. The driver would then have had his few seconds of revenge and been able to drive off in a foggy cloud of moronness, glowing from the inside with the light of self-righteousness having saved society from another dangerous cyclist.

Then again, if I was in a grumpy mood, I would have done the same thing, only overtaken down the left side :) But no point in talking to morons like that, just maintain your line and keep riding enjoying the weather and ignore them :)

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri May 10, 2013 10:44 am

I would have just waited for him to get out of his car and then burn off. :D

InTheWoods

Postby InTheWoods » Fri May 10, 2013 10:55 am

jasonc wrote:I would have just waited for him to get out of his car and then burn off. :D
With or without his car keys? :)

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri May 10, 2013 11:01 am

InTheWoods wrote:
jasonc wrote:I would have just waited for him to get out of his car and then burn off. :D
With or without his car keys? :)
with, of course

ozzymac

Postby ozzymac » Fri May 10, 2013 1:09 pm

Just a bit of a close pass this morning, pretty funny the vehicle on the other side moved over more than the moron passing me and he had a hat on...

Cheers

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

KonaCommuter

Postby KonaCommuter » Fri May 10, 2013 3:02 pm

KonaCommuter wrote:

LOL

This video must have somehow found it's way onto a motoring forum. Most of my video's get under 100 hits (most of them are from me admiring my handy work). This video is pushing 700 views in 3 days. Also I'm copping a bit of Bogan flack in the comments section. Maybe my channels come of age?
2012 Oppy A4

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Fri May 10, 2013 4:11 pm

KonaCommuter, I wouldn't bother responding to the bogans' comments on your YouTube channel. They have the brain of a syphilitic flea so don't waste your time.

FXST01

Postby FXST01 » Fri May 10, 2013 4:29 pm

Bogan flak? Think of it as an honour.

VRE

Postby VRE » Fri May 10, 2013 5:27 pm

I just posted a supporting comment, to try to tip the balance of comments back towards sanity :) .

I had a few incidents of my own today riding home. There's only 3km of my 33.5km commute home which I don't like much, which is the 3km from the MCG to where I get onto Yarra Blvd in Yarra Bend Park. In that 3km I see more than enough morons. I had trouble regaining my usual cycling-induced good mood today, because of today's close shaves :( .

FXST01

Postby FXST01 » Fri May 10, 2013 5:33 pm

VRE wrote:I just posted a supporting comment, to try to tip the balance of comments back towards sanity :)
Ditto

Bah77

Postby Bah77 » Fri May 10, 2013 5:34 pm

Reading the coments on reddit, there is more going on there than just cyclist vs MM, apparently theres a bit of "this is our neighbourhood" going on.

KonaCommuter

Postby KonaCommuter » Fri May 10, 2013 6:15 pm

Thanks for the support. I was a bit hesitant to respond to them as I'm already on YouTubes bad books for re-uploading a video of road rage against a UK cyclist that was taken down and my upload was also flagged. What a joke. They have videos of soldiers getting shot by insurgents but take down a video where a knuckle head hits a cyclist for using his airzound (you don't even see the actual punch). :roll:
2012 Oppy A4

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Fri May 10, 2013 7:24 pm

FXST01 wrote:
VRE wrote:I just posted a supporting comment, to try to tip the balance of comments back towards sanity :)
Ditto
And another, consider the pot stirred. :twisted:
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011