Moron Motorists #3

open topic, for anything cycling related.

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby Riddley » Fri May 24, 2013 7:35 pm

Lawyer "she's been knocked from pillar to post"... Now would that be the A, B or C pillar?

She's not a very good liar is she?
Riddley

by BNA » Fri May 24, 2013 7:46 pm

BNA

Postby arkle » Fri May 24, 2013 7:46 pm

find_bruce wrote:Yep - the "he was still up when I last saw him" defence doesn't wash with her twitter admission "Definitely knocked a cyclist off his bike earlier".

Like the me saying goes better to keep quiet & be thought an idiot than open your mouth & prove it

According to the cyclist's version of events he managed to stay on the bike, though after bouncing hard off her wing, bonnet, windscreen and mirror he ended up riding off the road and through a hedge.

arkle
arkle

Postby KonaCommuter » Fri May 24, 2013 7:49 pm

Riddley wrote:Lawyer "she's been knocked from pillar to post"... Now would that be the A, B or C pillar?

She's not a very good liar is she?

If I had the choice between being hit by an oncoming car with the driver bragging about it or being slagged off on social media I know which I'd choose.
2012 Oppy A4
KonaCommuter

Postby Ross » Sat May 25, 2013 6:19 am

Ggot abused by a bogan for not paying rego while I was riding home from work on the bike path. :evil:
Ross

Postby jcjordan » Sat May 25, 2013 7:24 am

gretaboy wrote:
twizzle wrote:... and we still aren't allowed to carry guns. :roll:

Probably a good thing in my case - some days I reckon I'd use one. :oops:

Sent from my iThingy...

how funny Twizzle, I know I would shoot...I actually now say to people that if I could carry a gun I would and I would shoot too. If these idiots want to risk and endanger my life, then I feel like doing the same back.

I know it isnt the right way to think, but I am sick and tired of people thinking that because I ride a pushbike I am then fair game for their entertainment (especially P platers).

One of the reason I have decided to take the opportunity to leave a reminder whenever possible.

There are a couple of cars sporting dents in their panels thanks their drivers stupidity
James
Veni, Vidi, Vespa -- I Came, I Saw, I Rode Home
jcjordan

Postby CatCanRide » Sat May 25, 2013 7:50 am

Sorry James but those drivers will be too stupid to understand what you have done and are just going to hate all cyclists.
It only achieves a sense of satisfaction on your part.
CatCanRide

Postby thomashouseman » Sat May 25, 2013 8:44 am

If it's already been linked elsewhere, apologies....
Here's an interview with the guy she hit: http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/update/2 ... t-apology/
He's incredibly calm about it all. I think I'd have gone to the police right away...
thomashouseman

Postby trailgumby » Sat May 25, 2013 10:45 am

Thanks, Thomas.

That guy is super impressive - on message about mutual respect at all times, and the exact antithesis of the "angry cyclist". I liked how he was careful to keep out of the debate about how should be penalised or lose her job, kept the risks in perspective, yet brought up what the likely consequences would have been for him if the hit had been a few millimetres closer and noted her own woes were self-inflicted.

A model advocate. I wold not have done so well.

Think I'll pass on the tatts and ear inserts though :lol:
"People have a right to their own opinions, but not their own facts. Evidence must be located, not created, and opinions not backed by evidence cannot be given much weight." -- James W Loewen

http://www.facebook.com/Drive2WorkDay
trailgumby

Postby Aushiker » Mon May 27, 2013 12:04 pm

I missed judged this one. I caught sight of the driver coming up fast and decided that it was not worth enforcing a lane claim due to the approach speed. However I didn't spot the trailer and whilst I didn't need to brake I did need to stop pedalling to let the driver clear me.

All this saved Mr 1ATU 515 was 4 seconds, that is the time from the moment he comes into view on the front camera till I cross the while line in the roundabout.

This occurred on Wednesday May 22, 2013 at 4:45 PM at the intersection of West View Boulevard and Oceanside Promenade, Mullaloo, Western Australia.

Andrew
Last edited by Aushiker on Mon May 27, 2013 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Pedal-pounding pounce" - D. Fluellen - West Australian 13/1/14
Aushiker

Postby hannos » Mon May 27, 2013 12:23 pm

Clearly crossed double white lines there...
2010 BMC SLC01
hannos

Postby Shifter » Mon May 27, 2013 2:44 pm

thomashouseman wrote:If it's already been linked elsewhere, apologies....
Here's an interview with the guy she hit: http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/update/2 ... t-apology/
He's incredibly calm about it all. I think I'd have gone to the police right away...

How does that hair fit under a helmet?
2012 Giant Trance X0
2011 GT Zaskar Carbon
2010 Malvern Star Oppy A4
Shifter

Postby Percrime » Mon May 27, 2013 5:08 pm

Its a place not Australia. He doesn't actually need a helmet
Percrime

Postby TraceyG » Tue May 28, 2013 1:49 pm

Headed out for a ride while it was still dark this morning but a couple of kms down the road the fog rolled in fast and thick so I decided to err on the side of safety and turned around to go back home. I got back into town and the fog was turning into a real peasouper so I used the pedestrian crossing to cross the four lane divided highway that runs through my town with a speed limit of 70kmh.

The lights changed to red, my little green man was flashing, car in the right hand lane was at a stop and I was about to step out on to the crossing. Fortunately I had one last head check before moving off because a bloody great semi raced through the crossing!

Yes, the fog was thick and visibility was impaired but every other driver managed to see the red light and stop correctly!

Left me feeling very shaken and thinking I should have kept on riding to avoid the moron.
TraceyG

Postby jules21 » Tue May 28, 2013 1:51 pm

TraceyG wrote:The lights changed to red, my little green man was flashing, car in the right hand lane was at a stop and I was about to step out on to the crossing. Fortunately I had one last head check before moving off because a bloody great semi raced through the crossing!

you learned a valuable lesson there. you can't expect these guys to stop at red lights - they have often been driving for 24 hours or so. of course they're going to miss little things like traffic lights.
jules21

Postby sparco » Tue May 28, 2013 1:54 pm

Got water bombed by two dumbheads riding an old model Subaru Forester last Sunday. Luckily it hit my bum and bounced of before it exploded. Gave chase but to no avail. No harm done, but what pisses me off was it could have hit me in the head and lost my balance and hit the curb on my way down. I would like to report the incident to the the police but I could only remember the colour and model of the vehicle (didnt get the rego because they sped up, when they realise I was giving chase).

This happened a few blocks from my place and might have seen this vehicle around. If I ever get the chance to see it parked somewhere, I won't hesitate to pour brake fluid on top of his bonnet.
sparco

Postby thomashouseman » Tue May 28, 2013 2:23 pm

jules21 wrote:
TraceyG wrote:The lights changed to red, my little green man was flashing, car in the right hand lane was at a stop and I was about to step out on to the crossing. Fortunately I had one last head check before moving off because a bloody great semi raced through the crossing!

you learned a valuable lesson there. you can't expect these guys to stop at red lights - they have often been driving for 24 hours or so. of course they're going to miss little things like traffic lights.

I once saw exactly that happen. Drove over a caravan like it was nothing. It disintegrated into woodchips etc. Barely slowed it's momentum. The car that was towing it slowed it down a bit more but still didn't stop it. He eventually applied the brakes a bit further down the freeway. Quite disturbing really how powerful they are.

T.
thomashouseman

Postby CRV » Tue May 28, 2013 6:44 pm

Dear Moron Motorist in a red Barina who left hooked me on the corner of Sandgate and Rode Rd's at about 5.20pm today. The light was RED for you to turn left and the little cycle light was GREEN for me. May your wheels deflate all at once and you suffer the massive inconvenience of being stuck in nowhere land. If I was a bit quicker on the take off I may have had to leave an imprint of my cleat on your door panel, lucky for me I saw you and held off. But next time I may well have my new GoPro to catch your rego to make sure you learn the hard way to respect other road users!!
CRV

Postby Lukeyboy » Tue May 28, 2013 7:27 pm

That's a bitch of an intersection too especially when you have to punch the buzzer for it to activate (Kona on here has a vid of him waiting for the lights to activate for the cyclists on youtube). I like to hang back and move over to the middle lane (first thru lane) and follow the traffic through or if the traffic is built up just ride to the front of the queue.
Lukeyboy

Postby chill1995 » Tue May 28, 2013 7:35 pm

CRV wrote:Dear Moron Motorist in a red Barina who left hooked me on the corner of Sandgate and Rode Rd's at about 5.20pm today. The light was RED for you to turn left and the little cycle light was GREEN for me. May your wheels deflate all at once and you suffer the massive inconvenience of being stuck in nowhere land. If I was a bit quicker on the take off I may have had to leave an imprint of my cleat on your door panel, lucky for me I saw you and held off. But next time I may well have my new GoPro to catch your rego to make sure you learn the hard way to respect other road users!!

http://marketingyconsumo.com/files/2010/04/Ok-1.jpg

[mod says - massive image changed to a link.]
chill1995

Postby Xenon » Tue May 28, 2013 8:23 pm

TraceyG wrote:Fortunately I had one last head check before moving off because a bloody great semi raced through the crossing!

If only they paid rego and had number plates then this wouldn't happen...
Xenon

Postby darkelf921 » Tue May 28, 2013 10:25 pm

Time for my latest video. It is of a motorcyclist almost clipping a cyclist as it zooms past, very closely. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhpJkR0g12A&sns=em
My YouTube channel http://goo.gl/UlJrkN
darkelf921

Postby jules21 » Wed May 29, 2013 9:19 am

darkelf921 wrote:Time for my latest video. It is of a motorcyclist almost clipping a cyclist as it zooms past, very closely. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhpJkR0g12A&sns=em

temporary citizen. it's not a video game.
jules21

Postby Laidlaym » Wed May 29, 2013 5:09 pm

sparco wrote:Got water bombed by two dumbheads riding an old model Subaru Forester last Sunday. Luckily it hit my bum and bounced of before it exploded. Gave chase but to no avail. No harm done, but what pisses me off was it could have hit me in the head and lost my balance and hit the curb on my way down. I would like to report the incident to the the police but I could only remember the colour and model of the vehicle (didnt get the rego because they sped up, when they realise I was giving chase).

This happened a few blocks from my place and might have seen this vehicle around. If I ever get the chance to see it parked somewhere, I won't hesitate to pour brake fluid on top of his bonnet.

Unfortunately brake fluid is not what it used to be and it generally doesn't damage paint now, at least not quickly.
Laidlaym

Postby jules21 » Wed May 29, 2013 5:11 pm

Laidlaym wrote:Unfortunately brake fluid is not what it used to be and it generally doesn't damage paint now, at least not quickly.

that must have been disappointing ;)
jules21

Postby Percrime » Wed May 29, 2013 5:44 pm

acetone mixed with thinners on the other hand.
Percrime

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion