Moron Motorists #3

User avatar
jules21
Posts: 9998
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:14 pm
Location: deep in the pain cave

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby jules21 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:28 am

clydesmcdale wrote:I then give him a bit of a fright, stopping, unclipping, turning back around to him and let out a few choice words and some flailing arms, not too far from the driver’s side. He quickly retreats into the driveway he was attempting to access all along, with a look of “better get outta here!”. I roll away with a bit of a giggle and enjoy my ride into work.

honestly this just makes me think that there are better uses for XXXX island and the like, why do we let these people live amongst us?

User avatar
biker jk
Posts: 4915
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:18 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby biker jk » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:33 am

malnar wrote:Something a bit different:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/Kh7FrhFTosM [/youtube]


I hope you reported that bogan to the police? Apart from riding that quad bike on the path he threatened you with violence.

jasonc
Posts: 8698
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby jasonc » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:43 am

jules21 wrote:
clydesmcdale wrote:I then give him a bit of a fright, stopping, unclipping, turning back around to him and let out a few choice words and some flailing arms, not too far from the driver’s side. He quickly retreats into the driveway he was attempting to access all along, with a look of “better get outta here!”. I roll away with a bit of a giggle and enjoy my ride into work.

honestly this just makes me think that there are better uses for XXXX island and the like, why do we let these people live amongst us?


clydesmcdale - love it - you're a big guy too. that would have made them think twice

User avatar
Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod
Posts: 6859
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:45 am
Location: Castle Hill, NSW
Contact:

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby Boognoss » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:48 am

biker jk wrote:
malnar wrote:Something a bit different:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/Kh7FrhFTosM [/youtube]


I hope you reported that bogan to the police? Apart from riding that quad bike on the path he threatened you with violence.


+1 complete douche
Image
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

malnar
Posts: 311
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 2:46 pm
Location: Melb - Werribee - City

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby malnar » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:56 am

I haven't yet but I will. The non-youtube version is very clear so you can see his face clearly. Local police probably know him well.

He must have seen me mouthing 'Say What?' as we passed (he wouldn't have heard it). That was enough for him to stop, start yelling and walk towards me aggressively. When I told him I had a camera I thought he'll either calm down or get more aggressive. He did the latter. He said he was going to bash me & throw me in the adjacent river. He had no shirt & was well built so I wasn't about to try to take him on. I rode off while yelling my theory about his sexuality.

If I see him again I might follow him about 40m behind. The path is a 10km loop so he'd eventually run out of path & have to go home or back to his car.

There are plenty of pedestrians, dogs, etc on that path....What a knob.

clydesmcdale
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:43 pm

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby clydesmcdale » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:58 am

Didn't realise till I was getting changed after getting in... But the irony struck me that I was abusing this guy whilst wearing my Mellow Johnny kit.

Was a priceless look on his face though

User avatar
jules21
Posts: 9998
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:14 pm
Location: deep in the pain cave

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby jules21 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:59 am

"i'll bash ya" - the solution to your problems. life is so much easier when you just bash anyone who disagrees with you. i suppose smoking crystal meth habitually doesn't help with clear thinking.

jasonc
Posts: 8698
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby jasonc » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:15 am

clydesmcdale wrote:Didn't realise till I was getting changed after getting in... But the irony struck me that I was abusing this guy whilst wearing my Mellow Johnny kit.

Was a priceless look on his face though


getting better by the minute. were you riding a retro ladies bike? :D

User avatar
Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod
Posts: 6859
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:45 am
Location: Castle Hill, NSW
Contact:

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby Boognoss » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:34 pm

A couple from yesterday and testing my new GoPro Hero3 into the bargain.



Image
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

iaintas
Posts: 336
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:37 pm

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby iaintas » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:08 am

Was riding on what is a normally quiet country road the other day, when i heard a truck coming up behind me, plenty of room to pass and no oncoming traffic, i hold my line and wait for him to pass. Now obviously i might hold him up for say 5 seconds as he changes down a gear to overtake, so he gives the obligatory 1/2m of room and blows his horn as he goes past to let me know im holding him up. Now the irony of all this, is the fact he had the gall to have a go at me for "apparently" holding him up by being on the road when he had a line of about 20 cars behind him, all traveling at about 30km/h.

If only he looked in the mirror once in a while he would realise traffic hold ups are very rarely the bicycle, and more likely to be the truck with the learner driver behind the wheel. :lol:
Image

User avatar
birdbrain
Posts: 811
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:16 pm
Location: tulla melb

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby birdbrain » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:22 am

iantas wrote:
Was riding on what is a normally quiet country road the other day, when i heard a truck coming up behind me, plenty of room to pass and no oncoming traffic, i hold my line and wait for him to pass. Now obviously i might hold him up for say 5 seconds as he changes down a gear to overtake, so he gives the obligatory 1/2m of room and blows his horn as he goes past to let me know im holding him up. Now the irony of all this, is the fact he had the gall to have a go at me for "apparently" holding him up by being on the road when he had a line of about 20 cars behind him, all traveling at about 30km/h.



Yep! plenty of room to pass, no oncoming traffic. Further proof of these tools who think the horn is there to warn cyclists to get out of the way.
Image

boss
Posts: 1358
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby boss » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:57 am

Cannot wait for my video camera to arrive. Couple of incidents.

Last night is nothing really to talk about but involved an elderly gentleman pulling from the curb without indicating, then when I yelled OI to get his attention he smiled at me, continued driving next to me (I was in the middle of a suburban road by now), he told me "I know how to ride a bike" then stretched his arm out the window in an attempt to shake my hand (at 30kmph) and said Merry Christmas.

Was pretty weird and could have gone bad but in the end harmless and I just passed it off as that. If I had a video camera I would have been unsure what to do with the footage, as the old fella probably shouldn't be driving anymore, but the Merry Christmas thing kinda made me smile afterwards.

This morning I was riding my BMX to work, slowly cruising past banked traffic at around 15-20kmph. There was a car up ahead (<25m) that I had noticed weaving into and out of the bike lane, not by much (left tyres clipping the white lines) but enough to catch my attention and be cautious. As I approached the car, traffic had started to move slowly (<5kmph) and I was in line with the rear door of the car and the car was almost at a sidestreet.

You can see what's going to happen.

The car didn't indicate and hooked left abrubtly and hard, right as I was about to pass the drivers door. I turned with the car, hard, and basically was railing against the car to turn the corner with my inside foot on the ground. My body banged against the car hard, bits of my bike clanged against the panels, and screamed a very loud profanity to gain attention...

But the driver did not even realise what had happened, and merrily continued on their way down the side street.

I channeled the rage (because I was seeing red) into a very fast 3km sprint (31kmph average + bursts of 40kmph) that was only 40 seconds off my best time my carbon roadie. If you've never ridden a BMX, that's pretty quick and I was pushing anerobic more or less the whole time.

Then I got a flat tyre. Then my hand pump wouldn't work. And it was stinking hot. Then it rained. Seriously.

Great morning! I'm still in one piece and didn't touch the pavement, so it could be worse.

jasonc
Posts: 8698
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby jasonc » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:40 am

jimboss wrote:I'm still in one piece and didn't touch the pavement, so it could be worse.


did you leave some marks on the car?

User avatar
Big_Red
Posts: 369
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:00 pm
Location: Brisbane East

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby Big_Red » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:48 am

jasonc wrote:
jimboss wrote:I'm still in one piece and didn't touch the pavement, so it could be worse.


did you leave some marks on the car?


I'm surprised there were no skidmarks on the seat, scary stuff.

boss
Posts: 1358
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby boss » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:01 pm

Big_Red wrote:
jasonc wrote:
jimboss wrote:I'm still in one piece and didn't touch the pavement, so it could be worse.


did you leave some marks on the car?


I'm surprised there were no skidmarks on the seat, scary stuff.


Heart was beating pretty quick

It all happened really quickly, as I'm sure you understand. So quickly that I wouldn't be able to 100% positively identify the car or driver - it was a gold mini SUV thing. Pretty sure it was one of these... but couldn't say for sure.

Image

But I vividly recall the sound of my bar ends, pedals and pegs smashing against the side of her car. I remember worrying that I was going to get hooked up in her rear wheel. Not sure how badly scratched but I'm sure there would be a few marks.

And I hip and shouldered the car so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a dent.

User avatar
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod
Posts: 28308
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Sunbury Vic

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby Mulger bill » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:17 pm

jasonc wrote:
jimboss wrote:I'm still in one piece and didn't touch the pavement, so it could be worse.


did you leave some marks on the car?


Fred I hope so. Such a cretinous deed should not go unrewarded :evil:

What's the bet the next time there's a bike related story in her local chipwrapper she'll be in the comments moaning about this lycra lout who appeared out of nowhere and deliberately rammed her substitute for driving ability leaving lots of damage before just riding off, "They should all be registered blah blah."
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

boss
Posts: 1358
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby boss » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:53 pm

Mulger bill wrote:
What's the bet the next time there's a bike related story in her local chipwrapper she'll be in the comments moaning about this lycra lout who appeared out of nowhere and deliberately rammed her substitute for driving ability leaving lots of damage before just riding off, "They should all be registered blah blah."


Afraid not. Was on the BMX, and my BMX is strictly a lycra free zone. T-shirt, jeans and backpack.

g-boaf
Posts: 7018
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby g-boaf » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:32 pm

jimboss wrote:Heart was beating pretty quick

It all happened really quickly, as I'm sure you understand. So quickly that I wouldn't be able to 100% positively identify the car or driver - it was a gold mini SUV thing. Pretty sure it was one of these... but couldn't say for sure.

Image

But I vividly recall the sound of my bar ends, pedals and pegs smashing against the side of her car. I remember worrying that I was going to get hooked up in her rear wheel. Not sure how badly scratched but I'm sure there would be a few marks.

And I hip and shouldered the car so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a dent.


Mate, go buy a lottery ticket! You got very lucky. Glad you are okay.

Mine this arvo was an enormous guy on a sputtering quad-bike on an empty shared use path where such things are banned. He did a 3 point turn ahead of me in such an awkward way I thought he was going to flip the thing over. Dumb.

boss
Posts: 1358
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby boss » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:47 pm

g-boaf wrote:
jimboss wrote:Heart was beating pretty quick

It all happened really quickly, as I'm sure you understand. So quickly that I wouldn't be able to 100% positively identify the car or driver - it was a gold mini SUV thing. Pretty sure it was one of these... but couldn't say for sure.

Image

But I vividly recall the sound of my bar ends, pedals and pegs smashing against the side of her car. I remember worrying that I was going to get hooked up in her rear wheel. Not sure how badly scratched but I'm sure there would be a few marks.

And I hip and shouldered the car so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a dent.


Mate, go buy a lottery ticket! You got very lucky. Glad you are okay.

Mine this arvo was an enormous guy on a sputtering quad-bike on an empty shared use path where such things are banned. He did a 3 point turn ahead of me in such an awkward way I thought he was going to flip the thing over. Dumb.


Lucky... Hahaha... To summarise my day

- that car run in
- flat tyre
- pump didn't work
- rained on me when pup wasn't working
- walked to shop for morning tea in rain
- shop didn't have custard berlinas, Friday is "eat whatever the eff you want day" for me...
- during my ride this evening, my freecoaster hub blew up and started binding
- stepped in dog poo
- staying in hotel as its my girl's work dinner, the card I was given doesn't work and the room is in her name only

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW!

User avatar
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod
Posts: 28308
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Sunbury Vic

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby Mulger bill » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:22 pm

jimboss wrote:
Mulger bill wrote:
What's the bet the next time there's a bike related story in her local chipwrapper she'll be in the comments moaning about this lycra lout who appeared out of nowhere and deliberately rammed her substitute for driving ability leaving lots of damage before just riding off, "They should all be registered blah blah."


Afraid not. Was on the BMX, and my BMX is strictly a lycra free zone. T-shirt, jeans and backpack.


You could've been wearing a boiler suit on an Ordinary and it wouldn't matter to her. Dopey enough to do what she did=dopey enough to believe all riders are lycra louts.

Hands up who's surprised she was in a bullybus? :roll:
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

User avatar
KonaCommuter
Posts: 978
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:28 pm
Location: Brisbane Northside

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby KonaCommuter » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:16 am

jimboss wrote:
g-boaf wrote:
jimboss wrote:Heart was beating pretty quick

It all happened really quickly, as I'm sure you understand. So quickly that I wouldn't be able to 100% positively identify the car or driver - it was a gold mini SUV thing. Pretty sure it was one of these... but couldn't say for sure.

Image

But I vividly recall the sound of my bar ends, pedals and pegs smashing against the side of her car. I remember worrying that I was going to get hooked up in her rear wheel. Not sure how badly scratched but I'm sure there would be a few marks.

And I hip and shouldered the car so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a dent.


Mate, go buy a lottery ticket! You got very lucky. Glad you are okay.

Mine this arvo was an enormous guy on a sputtering quad-bike on an empty shared use path where such things are banned. He did a 3 point turn ahead of me in such an awkward way I thought he was going to flip the thing over. Dumb.


Lucky... Hahaha... To summarise my day

- that car run in
- flat tyre
- pump didn't work
- rained on me when pup wasn't working
- walked to shop for morning tea in rain
- shop didn't have custard berlinas, Friday is "eat whatever the eff you want day" for me...
- during my ride this evening, my freecoaster hub blew up and started binding
- stepped in dog poo
- staying in hotel as its my girl's work dinner, the card I was given doesn't work and the room is in her name only

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW!




Is it to soon to laugh?
2012 Oppy A4

boss
Posts: 1358
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby boss » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:51 am

I definitely see the humour in it!

User avatar
Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod
Posts: 6859
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:45 am
Location: Castle Hill, NSW
Contact:

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby Boognoss » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:05 am

jimboss wrote:I definitely see the humour in it!


:lol:
Image
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

User avatar
Aushiker
Posts: 21647
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Fremantle, WA
Contact:

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby Aushiker » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:12 am

Not a high quality video, but I watched this semi-trailer driver pullout of Napier Road on to Tydeman Road, North Fremantle (a busy truck and car road) this week, whilst he was texting or doing something with his red flip style mobile phone. He is holding it out in front of himself.

This same week the Police Commissioner has come out very strongly expressing frustration at the use of mobile phones whilst driving ... message not getting through I guess.



This was captured on my Jumbo HD808 #11. Normally get better quality video so maybe time to upgrade and/or to call out company names/registation numbers as a backup.

Andrew
Andrew
~ Aushiker.com

User avatar
chuckchunder
Posts: 349
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:18 pm

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby chuckchunder » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:51 am

as an oncoming vehicle passed me the other day I noticed the driver had a newspaper open across the steering wheel to read on his way to work..........
"We have thousands of miles of cycling infrastructure, we just need to get the cars off them....." US advocate

Return to “General discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: eldavo, piledhigher