Moron Motorists #3

open topic, for anything cycling related.

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby Mulger bill » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:36 am

hannos wrote:Punchbowl Bus Company bus MO-368
How red is red?

I went :o

And I fully agree with your (almost) sotto voce comment...
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

by BNA » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:32 pm

BNA

Postby JohnJoyner » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:32 pm

Summernight wrote:
hannos wrote:Punchbowl Bus Company bus MO-368
How red is red?

Nah, still pink. :P

Ha.. That's right near my place, I am just off King Georges Rd... God I hate driving on that road... And I agree, a slight shade of red there.
Focus Cayo 2.0 (2011) | Trek 7.5Fx (2007)
JohnJoyner

Postby Aushiker » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:25 pm

ldrcycles wrote:But only a k or so later I was sitting on just 22kmh thanks to a roaring headwind, the driver of a Lysaght truck sat behind me waiting until it was safe to overtake and then left plenty of room. Only took a matter of 5-10 seconds but boy did I appreciate that. So much so I sent an email to Bluescope as soon as I got home, hopefully he gets to hear about it.

Good move. I think it goes down well ... I have even had a bus driver get Driver of the Month as a result :)

Andrew
"Pedal-pounding pounce" - D. Fluellen - West Australian 13/1/14
Aushiker

Postby Toolish » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:35 pm

Had this one yesterday morning. Guy coming towards me decided he had to overtake the car in front. Silly place to overtake at the best of times, no real benefit to it.

I said the plate number but audio on the file was all out of whack so this one will have to slip through.

Toolish

Postby jasonc » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:08 pm

this one came up in my feed. would love to know the result
jasonc

Postby nezumi » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:27 pm

Trying to milk an insurance claim under the "guy at the rear is at fault" provision? :/
2014 Merida Cyclo Cross 4

I am a Merida Ambassador - ask me why I love them enough to volunteer for this! :)
nezumi

Postby Aushiker » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:32 pm

jasonc wrote:this one came up in my feed. would love to know the result

Apparently the Police are involved according to the information on YouTube.

Andrew
Aushiker

Postby jules21 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:38 pm

that dude will not believe his bad luck when he discovers the other driver had cameras!
jules21

Postby Aushiker » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:45 pm

jules21 wrote:that dude will not believe his bad luck when he discovers the other driver had cameras!

He knows apparently which is why he took off ... worth reading the YouTube about page thingo.

Andrew
Aushiker

Postby jules21 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:48 pm

Aushiker wrote:He knows which is why he took off ... worth reading the YouTube about page thingo.

no description available?
jules21

Postby Aushiker » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:28 pm

jules21 wrote:
Aushiker wrote:He knows which is why he took off ... worth reading the YouTube about page thingo.

Sorry that is where I thought I read about it, Can't find the source now :(

Andrew
Aushiker

Postby wellington_street » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:36 am

I thought the tailgating at the start was bad and then...wow :shock:
wellington_street

Postby human909 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:19 am

Aushiker wrote:
ldrcycles wrote:But only a k or so later I was sitting on just 22kmh thanks to a roaring headwind, the driver of a Lysaght truck sat behind me waiting until it was safe to overtake and then left plenty of room. Only took a matter of 5-10 seconds but boy did I appreciate that. So much so I sent an email to Bluescope as soon as I got home, hopefully he gets to hear about it.

Good move. I think it goes down well ... I have even had a bus driver get Driver of the Month as a result :)

Andrew

I agree. Such gestures can only be beneficial.

That said the fact that cyclists got to this effort is damning of what we face on the roads. It is like walking through Frankston (or your local 'danger' suburb) and then thanking people for not mugging you. :?
human909

Postby ldrcycles » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:54 am

human909 wrote:That said the fact that cyclists got to this effort is damning of what we face on the roads. It is like walking through Frankston (or your local 'danger' suburb) and then thanking people for not mugging you. :?

I was actually thinking exactly that as I wrote the email, that it really shouldn't be necessary for me to make a special gesture because someone actually did what the law says they are supposed to. But that's life, and if we bother to put the effort in then things can change.

Re that last video, my first thought is the bloke in the Focus wanted to "teach them a lesson" for sitting in the right hand lane too long (not that I think they did) and then took it way too far.
When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments- Elizabeth West.
ldrcycles

Postby il padrone » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:06 am

The bloke in the Focus was in some sort of mad hurry to be somewhere.......... and then he wasted so much time with his stupid brake-checks and resultant collision/exchange of details :roll: :twisted:

#Loser
Riding bikes in traffic - what seems dangerous is usually safe; what seems safe is often more dangerous.
il padrone

Postby trailgumby » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:33 pm

With any luck he'll lose a bit more time than that. That's either road rage or an attempt to gain financial advanage by deception. Either warrants a very close look by Mr Plod.
"People have a right to their own opinions, but not their own facts. Evidence must be located, not created, and opinions not backed by evidence cannot be given much weight." -- James W Loewen

http://www.facebook.com/Drive2WorkDay
trailgumby

Postby human909 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:33 pm

ldrcycles wrote:I was actually thinking exactly that as I wrote the email, that it really shouldn't be necessary for me to make a special gesture because someone actually did what the law says they are supposed to. But that's life, and if we bother to put the effort in then things can change.

Agreed. I don't go to the extent of writing emails but I often give waves, gestures and nods to motorists who have simply given way or overtaken me safely.

I can't say I do that when driving.
human909

Postby human909 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:44 pm

nezumi wrote:Trying to milk an insurance claim under the "guy at the rear is at fault" provision? :/

I've been hoping for this for a while. My car is insured for $3000 and I'd be lucky to get $500 for it. I'm wanting to upgrade. Unfortunately I've been struggling to get involved in any accidents, what am I doing wrong? All the insurance advertisement tell me that life throws up these 'bingles' and yet I'm still waiting. :?: :wink:
human909

Postby Lukeyboy » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:15 pm

Park in Woodridge. It would be gone before you even turned around to lock the door.
Lukeyboy

Postby Dragster1 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:55 pm

ldrcycles wrote:
I was actually thinking exactly that as I wrote the email, that it really shouldn't be necessary for me to make a special gesture because someone actually did what the law says they are supposed to. But that's life, and if we bother to put the effort in then things can change.

The law of karma states, that every action performed in life creates another reaction, :) Its takes a 1ton of doing good to get 1kg back in return but if that 1kg of good saves your life somewhere down the track it could be well worth more than the ton of good you have done to others. Hope it makes sense to you. :wink:
Dragster1

Postby Mulger bill » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:58 pm

Dragster1 wrote:
ldrcycles wrote:

The law of karma states, that every action performed in life creates another reaction, :) Its takes a 1ton of doing good to get 1kg back in return but if that 1kg of good saves your life somewhere down the track it could be well worth more than the ton of good you have done to others. Hope it makes sense to you. :wink:

*LIKE*
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Aushiker » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:46 am

jules21 wrote:

Found where I read a bit more about it. It was in the Dash Cam Owners Australia Facebook page.

Andrew
Aushiker

Postby jasonc » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:33 am

Aushiker wrote:
jules21 wrote:

Found where I read a bit more about it. It was in the Dash Cam Owners Australia Facebook page.

Andrew

the comments are "wow"
jasonc

Postby jindydiver » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:50 am

jasonc wrote:
Aushiker wrote:

Andrew

the comments are "wow"

LOL
Seems that there are plenty of people there who believe that the fouler the language the more persuasive the argument
jindydiver

Postby il padrone » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:26 am

Bejeebus! There are far too many people commenting on there who seem to think that a minor indiscretion like not moving left for 15 secs too long after overtaking is justification for brake-checking to the point of causing a collision. Sad story about the quality of our driver training. Training is far more than about skill guys, it's all about attitude. This lot seem to have a "lose licence" attitude
Riding bikes in traffic - what seems dangerous is usually safe; what seems safe is often more dangerous.
il padrone

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion