Moron Motorists #3

open topic, for anything cycling related.

Re: Moron Motorists #3

Postby Great Scott » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:33 pm

You need to do a "Peter Sagan" and ride over the top of them (although he might also struggle with 4WDs).
A few cleat imprints on the roofs .....
Great Scott

by BNA » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:39 pm

BNA

Moron Motorists #3

Postby warthog1 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:39 pm

InTheWoods wrote:
And lastly a bit of tailgating at 45-50kmh to try to bully me out of the way (this time I was claiming the lane).

Is that rear tyre about shagged :?: It looks pretty square and bald in the middle. Just wondering I like talking tyres.
At least that rocket scientist in the mazda finally worked out how to change lanes, unlike the entitled BMW tosser in the previous vid. Still a dangerous fool though :x
Last edited by warthog1 on Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
warthog1

Postby archetuthus » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:33 pm

Wow. Just had a transperth bus try to force me off the road about 1 minute from home. Have lodged a complaint with transperth unfortunately only have front footage not rear. But the busses are filled with cameras so they will see when they review the footage. Riding primary as there are traffic calming islands going about 35 in a 50 and the bus comes right up behind me. Brakes and beeps his horn. I look back and indicate that there's clearly not enough room and continue riding with him gradually trying to get closer and closer. Bus stop is about 100 meters in front. I stop and he lets a passenger off the rear and I knock on the front door and ask that he opens to discuss. Looks forwards the whole time and drives off. If your in charge of a 2 tone vehicle you should know how to operate it. Will update when I hear back. Which I have been told could be 5 business days. Sigh.
archetuthus

Postby Oxford » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:15 pm

I had a BCC bus do something similar once, unfortunately for the driver he had a circuitous route, so I shortcutted ahead of him, stowed the bike behind the bus stop, then waited as a potential passenger. So he had to stop, open the doors and of course then he got an earful. He said he had cameras, I said so do I, then I challenged him over what he did and did he really want it going any further? Then he apologised as he realised he'd lost the video war. I'd done nothing wrong, he'd threatened my life. I left it at that since he seemed sincere.

Good luck with your situation, keep the video, the front view and audio of his abuse (use of horn) should be a telling story in its own right.
Building more roads to prevent congestion is like a fat man loosening his belt to prevent obesity.
- Lewis Mumford
Oxford

Postby RedlandSteve » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:28 am

I like to share a few...

A minor one but bus stop blockers just gets on my nerves especially since there is a couple of parking spots just 10 m down the road immediately after the bus zone.

Big shoulder here drivers usually move across to the far left to park but this one drove on ahead, moved left then hit the anchors right in front of me assumedly to wait for parked cars ahead to leave. Excuse the music, it is to mask the swearing after I grabbed a handful of brake.

This gave me an unexpected surprise when I got passed on the left offroad style!
RedlandSteve

Postby bychosis » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:34 am

Geez, was the off roader entering the driveway further up? What a shocker.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.
bychosis

Postby RedlandSteve » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:37 am

bychosis wrote:Geez, was the off roader entering the driveway further up? What a shocker.

Yes indeed entered the driveway further up.
RedlandSteve

Postby jasonc » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:42 am

dob that last one in
jasonc

Postby Oxford » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:01 am

jasonc wrote:dob that last one in

Absolutely, that is just stupid and unacceptable and totally unnecessary. Wonder what the hurry was, beer getting warm at home?
Building more roads to prevent congestion is like a fat man loosening his belt to prevent obesity.
- Lewis Mumford
Oxford

Postby Kev365428 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:21 am

Oxford wrote:.... beer getting warm at home?

Of the the stupid reasons to hurry, that's the most acceptable.

Kev.
Kev365428

Postby Oxford » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:27 am

Kev365428 wrote:
Oxford wrote:.... beer getting warm at home?

Of the the stupid reasons to hurry, that's the most acceptable.

Kev.
LMAO
- Lewis Mumford
Oxford

Postby jules21 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:29 am

RedlandSteve wrote:

who is that music by?
jules21

Postby Lukeyboy » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:33 am

The last bloke was probably just having some fun. I have done similar on my road bike and especially the mountain bike.

Lukeyboy

Postby jasonc » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:05 am

Lukeyboy wrote:The last bloke was probably just having some fun. I have done similar on my road bike and especially the mountain bike.

everytime I see that video I think of poohkies
jasonc

Postby Aushiker » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:56 pm

chriscole wrote:Mate, that looks ilke a parking inspector's wet dream. You should just contact your local parking enforcement folk. Or do a ride-by, get all their vehicles & plates on video, drop off the video to the parking folk, and invite them to head out and collect some revenue. :-)

It has been raised with Fremantle Ports who are now saying it is outside of their area (they are arguing their responsibility commences at the bollards showing at the end of the video) and with City of Fremantle whose initial response via the Mayor Brad Pettitt was that it was Fremantle Ports responsibility and they have no jurisdiction. Given today's response from Fremantle Ports Brad has asked his staff to take a second look at the issue.

That as far as it has got in three days ...

Andrew
"Pedal-pounding pounce" - D. Fluellen - West Australian 13/1/14
Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:01 pm

archetuthus wrote:If your in charge of a 2 tone vehicle you should know how to operate it. Will update when I hear back. Which I have been told could be 5 business days. Sigh.

Please do. I have mixed responses with Transperth which resulted in my "serving it up" to the former Transport Minister Troy Buswell. Whilst the written response was nothing special but the change in behaviour at Fremantle was noticeable until my last incident which was some time back. With that one I decided, no more being nice to Transperth, it can go straight to the Police and they can handled it. No TIN was issued but the driver was spoken to and the depot clearly got the message of the Police involved. All good since :)

BTW what area was your incident?

Andrew
Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:46 pm

Aushiker wrote:It has been raised with Fremantle Ports who are now saying it is outside of their area (they are arguing their responsibility commences at the bollards showing at the end of the video) and with City of Fremantle whose initial response via the Mayor Brad Pettitt was that it was Fremantle Ports responsibility and they have no jurisdiction. Given today's response from Fremantle Ports Brad has asked his staff to take a second look at the issue.

That as far as it has got in three days ...

A update from the Mayor of the City of Fremantle ...

The Director tells me that the City of Fremantle is enforcing our area of jurisdiction. Over 100 infringements have been placed down there over the past year. Given there is so many we will need to consider a longer term solution too to stop it happening such as bollards

Cheers, Brad

Andrew
Aushiker

Postby jasonc » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:17 pm

bollards? a spot of parking tickets for a week will stop it and get enough money to install the bollards
then go back in 2 weeks time. rinse, repeat
jasonc

Postby GregW » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:19 pm

The Director tells me that the City of Fremantle is enforcing our area of jurisdiction. Over 100 infringements have been placed down there over the past year. Given there is so many we will need to consider a longer term solution too to stop it happening such as bollards

Cheers, Brad

Absolute garbage.....from August to April there are up to 10 cars (average 4 to 5 ) a day parked on that path, and during the 6 months of summer you will find anything up 20 to 30 vehicles a day on the weekend blocking the path.
Now by my reckoning I could have issued over 1000 infringements......more when you consider multiple movements over a whole day.
Looks like City of Fremantle is on a par with Melville. Melville tells contractors it is ok to park on the footpath/cycle path .
I have phoned them on many occasions and noted it should be a hot spot for their inspectors.
Until they come down hard on this illegal parking drivers will just continue to park where it is most convenient for them.
I am convinced that councils do not want to eradicate it........a thousand or so infringements a year, not in numbers to actually change permanently drivers parking attitude, is a much better financial plan.
GregW

Postby Aushiker » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:52 pm

GregW wrote:

Cheers, Brad

Absolute garbage.....from August to April there are up to 10 cars (average 4 to 5 ) a day parked on that path, and during the 6 months of summer you will find anything up 20 to 30 vehicles a day on the weekend blocking the path.

What section of path are you talking about?

Andrew
Aushiker

Postby Lukeyboy » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:41 pm

If I go fast enough no one will see me running the red light on top of the blind crest.
Lukeyboy

Postby Oxford » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:28 am

You need a front camera so we can see the RLR. When will people learn? Particularly as intersections are now getting the combo cameras.
- Lewis Mumford
Oxford

Postby InTheWoods » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:29 pm

warthog1 wrote:
InTheWoods wrote:
And lastly a bit of tailgating at 45-50kmh to try to bully me out of the way (this time I was claiming the lane).

Is that rear tyre about shagged :?: It looks pretty square and bald in the middle. Just wondering I like talking tyres.
At least that rocket scientist in the mazda finally worked out how to change lanes, unlike the entitled BMW tosser in the previous vid. Still a dangerous fool though :x

Warthog, its a marathon plus. Yes its squared off a bit, but its got a few thousand km left in it yet. They're good until the blue anti-puncture rubber starts showing through :)
InTheWoods

Postby jasonc » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:34 pm

InTheWoods wrote:Warthog, its a marathon plus. Yes its squared off a bit, but its got a few thousand km left in it yet. They're good until the blue anti-puncture rubber starts showing through :)

ITW - shall I post a picture of my front marathon plus?
jasonc

Postby casual_cyclist » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:18 pm

I had four MMs in a row within a few hundred metres riding home from work yesterday arvo.

MM1 was on the horseshoe bridge. I was in the middle of the lane trying to turn right but MM was shure he could fit around me within metres of the intersection. He couldn't but blocked me from turning.

MM2 was outside the train station where the shared path crosses the egress from the car park. Visibility was good so MM definitely saw me but gunned it because cars are more important than bikes. As I made my way around his car I felt like punching it but that isn't smart for anyone.

MM3 was at the next set of lights gunning it through the red turning arrow as cyclists entered the intersection on the green bicycle. Dangerous.

MM4 was at the Pier St and Moore St. I was with a group of cyclists turning right from Pier St into Moore St (we were already in the intersection) but MM decided to blast through the give way sign and beat us all to it... he didn't, because the boom gates on Moore St were down and he quickly turned left into a bank of stopped cars. MM cut us all off and there were cyclists going in all directions to avoid a colission. What a moron.
<removed by request>
casual_cyclist

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion