I'm an idiot thread

BaldPatch

Re: I'm an idiot thread

Postby BaldPatch » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:07 pm

Well i did hear the sort of a gentleman with an expensive carbon road bike....That drove straight into his garage with the bike on the roof rack.
Bike was destroyed.

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:15 pm

Not bike related, but potentially required new house, furniture, clothing etc.

Soldered some wires on my trailer a little while ago, maybe a week. Went back to it this morning as had 10min to spare before leaving for work. Went to plug in Dremel, something already in the extension lead, soldering iron :? Looked at power switch :shock: ON! Soldering iron has been on, balanced on a cardboard box for best part of a week. :shock: :oops:
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

dmwill

Postby dmwill » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:27 pm

Purchased a can of Vuplex - it's a polish for clear perspex and the likes in an aerosol can.

Placed on work bench, only for it to fall and hit the chain wheel on the road bike. Punctured can, 500ml contents of can pissing out everywhere.

Now have greasy polish all over the bikes - in particular to the rims on the road bike and brake rotors on the MTB.

Lukeyboy

Postby Lukeyboy » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:37 pm

Time to get out the flame thrower :P

cp123

Postby cp123 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:42 pm

Pottering around in the garden today plucking out some weeds. I stood up and completely forgot about the hanging basket that was directly above me - I seemed to shuffle along the ground a bit as I went. Anyway, I stood up, clunked my scone on the bottom of one hanging basket (ouch) and I tipped it up and so all the dirt and potting mix upended and poured down the back of my head, hair and neck and down inside my t-shirt.

Potting mix showered everywhere. Stripped off my shirt outside and had a good shake before I went back in later to clean up. :roll:

Lizzy

Postby Lizzy » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:57 am

cp123, I have executed that exact stunt - twice in the space of 5 minutes.
“Lexa”: 2012 Trek Lexa S; "Hannelore": 2019 Kalkhoff, "Teal Cecile" Reid traino shuttle