Crash

toolonglegs

Re: Crash

Postby toolonglegs » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:41 am

So is that it... no more bikes any more?.

Ken Ho

Postby Ken Ho » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:58 am

rabobank89 wrote:Thanks again guys =)

Now feeling much better so long as I dont move too much.. Neck is stuffed..

Happened on the roundabout near burns beach/joondalup. Checked cars for indicators and everyone was heading straight, therefore I proceeded and the next thing a Hyundai Getz at the last minute decides to turn left half way through the roundabout into me. :x

As much as I could remember her two responses were " You can only turn left in the left lane anyway" (Incorrect) & "I was running late to pick up my puppies as I finished my exam"
OK, let's change that right now. THe single worst thing you can do is use immobility to manage pain. YOu MUST move. The sooner you regain full ROM the better. I smashed my neck badly a decade ago, and after x-rays, went straight back to work, as I had just opened my own business.
I also biffed a shoulder a few years ago ski-ing, and just kept going. It killed me to move it, but I forced a normal ROM from day one, and had a quick recover as a result.
Use pain relief to enable movement. Movement is life !!
You have officially become your parents.

rabobank89

Postby rabobank89 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:21 pm

Update;

Sorry to those that sent me a PM without a reply...

Thought I would post an update... Thanks kindly to everyones best wishes and to Carolyn for her recommendation of physio (Booked in for next week). Finally healed enough to start going to physio and to do some sort of exercise (i.e. walking). I went from a healthy 67kg to 59kg, which is mainly muscle.. (Amazing how quick muscle disappears with inactivity over a short duration), so I'm eager to start exercising properly in due time.

As far as cycling is concerned I sold all my bikes except one Roadie which will be my main bike. Was a little compulsive with my bike collection as many of you know. So I will keep cycling everyday especially that I'm in a better area that doesn't have as crazy drivers as Joondalup.

Ride safe.

:)

DaveOZ

Postby DaveOZ » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:25 pm

Good to hear you're moving around. All the best with your return to cycling.

Karati

Postby Karati » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:40 pm

59kg?!

You must have been pretty much inside out!

Hope you're feeling a bit better. I hate falling off.