2013 Otway forest ride

open topic, for anything cycling related.

2013 Otway forest ride

Postby ming » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:26 am

Putting in the K,s for the Otway forest ride . This will be my first attempt ,not sure how hard the mountain climb will be. Any advice would be most welcome.
ming

by BNA » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:48 pm

BNA

Re: 2013 Otway forest ride

Postby just4tehhalibut » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:48 pm

Which event is this, the Rainforst Ride or the Otway Classic?
http://www.rapidascent.com.au/rainforestride/
http://www.visitvictoria.com/regions/Great-Ocean-Road/Events/Sports/2XU-Great-Ocean-and-Otway-Classic-Ride-2012.aspx

Edit: I've found out that the next of Bike Vic's Great Vic Bike Rides will be on the Great Ocean Rd Nov 2013. I think I'll head for that one.

I've ridden Lavers Hill before, met a German tourist at the bottom as he came off, tears in his eyes from the wind down the long descent. One of the reasons why i wear sunnies when i ride. The climb itself wasn't so bad on a fully loaded touring bike, just steady pace, watch for traffic coming out of the corners, enjoy the scenery.
just4tehhalibut

Postby ming » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:03 am

The ride is called the Ford Rainforest Ride,three rides on the same day ,140k rainforest ride ,70k lighthouse ride ,23k waterfall ride.all starting from Apollo Bay.
I thought this event was the Otway Classic also. It appears the the Otway Classic event will be for professional riders? at some stage,but not sure! Thanks for the info,looking forward to the ride . cheers Geoff.
ming

Postby clackers » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:19 am

ming wrote:I thought this event was the Otway Classic also. It appears the the Otway Classic event will be for professional riders?

No, I did both of these this year, Geoff. They're not races.

Mass participation/fondo/sportive/whatever events - very scenic, one out of Torquay, the other out of Apollo Bay.
clackers

Return to General discussion