10K PLUS club 2013

open topic, for anything cycling related.

Re: 10K PLUS club 2013

Postby roadfreak » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:56 am

jasonc wrote:14000kms for the year now


Well done mate, I just passed 15k over the weekend.
Image
roadfreak
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:47 am
Location: Perth, WA

by BNA » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:58 pm

BNA
 

Re: 10K PLUS club 2013

Postby marinmomma » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:58 pm

jasonc wrote:
marinmomma wrote:Eta for being back on the road/path is maybe 2-3 weeks time.


woohoo!
will we see you for a DDRL?


Maybe next year, bunch riding again might take me a while, have to get the first ride done...to be honest the thought of doing a RL scares me a bit, crazy bunches taking risks everywhere, I'm a bit over it :roll:
Lisa
marinmomma
 
Posts: 1984
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:12 pm
Location: Southside Brisbane

Re: 10K PLUS club 2013

Postby gabrielle260 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:11 pm

I've been a bit quiet this year... But making my end run now. At the start of this week I was at 7,600km with a goal of 10,000km.
Only 55km a day average to keep to if I am going to reach the goal.
To think, this time last year I had already passed 10,000km!!!!
Andrew
gabrielle260
 
Posts: 621
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: 10K PLUS club 2013

Postby gretaboy » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:57 am

I passed 16 000 pure commute k's this morning...but pales into comparison to another rider I occasionally come across...he said he had gone past 25 000 k's for the year this morning

just under 17 500 k's for the year in total.

I can remember a bicycle mechanic once saying he does a couple thousand k's in a year, and my thoughts at the time were "I could never do that many"...yet here I am
Image
gretaboy
 
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 11:23 am
Location: Hunter Valley

Re: 10K PLUS club 2013

Postby marinmomma » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:55 am

So I took the plunge on the weekend and freed my commuter bike from the chains of the wind trainer and went for a spin!
Was inspired by a bloke who pulled up at the coffee shop, on a roadie, who had way less extension on one of his arms than I currently have and thought bugger it if he can I can, so I did :D

Working my way back with some solo rides so if you see a female version of Quasimodo with a smile as wide as a mile around Brisbane that's probably me!

I have 1000ks to go to make it to 10k, I hope to make it :shock:
Lisa
marinmomma
 
Posts: 1984
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:12 pm
Location: Southside Brisbane

Re: 10K PLUS club 2013

Postby jasonc » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:57 am

marinmomma wrote:So I took the plunge on the weekend and freed my commuter bike from the chains of the wind trainer and went for a spin!
Was inspired by a bloke who pulled up at the coffee shop, on a roadie, who had way less extension on one of his arms than I currently have and thought bugger it if he can I can, so I did :D

Working my way back with some solo rides so if you see a female version of Quasimodo with a smile as wide as a mile around Brisbane that's probably me!

I have 1000ks to go to make it to 10k, I hope to make it :shock:


want me to log some kms for you?
Image
jasonc
 
Posts: 5128
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: 10K PLUS club 2013

Postby marinmomma » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:07 am

I just worked out that I need to do 25ks per day to make it to 10k for the year.

I think that it's totally do-able, I've done 70k's in three rides this week already... if the weather is kind and my shoulder and elbow hold up I think that I can make it!

8)
Lisa
marinmomma
 
Posts: 1984
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:12 pm
Location: Southside Brisbane

Re: 10K PLUS club 2013

Postby Lukeyboy » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:26 pm

marinmomma wrote:I just worked out that I need to do 25ks per day to make it to 10k for the year.

I think that it's totally do-able, I've done 70k's in three rides this week already... if the weather is kind and my shoulder and elbow hold up I think that I can make it!

8)


BOM just now said there will be a 100% chance of rain for the next 6 weeks with the weather clearing up at the last minute for new year fireworks :P
Image
User avatar
Lukeyboy
 
Posts: 1855
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: 10K PLUS club 2013

Postby marinmomma » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:38 pm

Lukeyboy wrote:
marinmomma wrote:I just worked out that I need to do 25ks per day to make it to 10k for the year.

I think that it's totally do-able, I've done 70k's in three rides this week already... if the weather is kind and my shoulder and elbow hold up I think that I can make it!

8)


BOM just now said there will be a 100% chance of rain for the next 6 weeks with the weather clearing up at the last minute for new year fireworks :P


I wouldn't be surprised at all if this became the case...!

Are you racing Lakeside on Saturday?
Just tying to decide if I drive out to watch or try and ride out, watch and then get a train back into Brisbane... :?
Lisa
marinmomma
 
Posts: 1984
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:12 pm
Location: Southside Brisbane

Re: 10K PLUS club 2013

Postby Lukeyboy » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:26 pm

Nah. No racing for me this weekend as I'll be working.

If it was me I'd say train it. Use the GoCard for the cheaper fare and sit in the air conditioned train. Depending on how you feel you could get off at an earlier stop and ride the remaining distance ie Bail at Toombul and hit up the Kedron Brook Bikeway back to the city and vice versa. If its raining just drive :P
Image
User avatar
Lukeyboy
 
Posts: 1855
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: 10K PLUS club 2013

Postby macca33 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:59 pm

The weather down here has been remarkably 'Victorian' to say the least. I've managed to get out a bit the past week, but had to revert to the trainer, sadly.

Hopefully the weather will pick up.

Keep up the good work all.

cheers
'dale CAAD10 - Ultegra6700 | CAAD10 Team - DA7800

Image
macca33
 
Posts: 665
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:05 pm
Location: West Gippy

Re: 10K PLUS club 2013

Postby grantw » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:15 pm

Sshhh, don't tell the 6k club guys but I'm aiming for 10k now, I might just make it :-)
Image
User avatar
grantw
 
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:22 am
Location: Wollongong

Re: 10K PLUS club 2013

Postby gabrielle260 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:27 pm

grantw wrote:Sshhh, don't tell the 6k club guys but I'm aiming for 10k now, I might just make it :-)

I just tried to find you on bike journal... What's your total so far?
Andrew
gabrielle260
 
Posts: 621
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: 10K PLUS club 2013

Postby Lukeyboy » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:27 pm

Got some new brakes today. Had plenty of time to install them and head out to the local crit circuit for a shakedown run. About to put the bike in the stand and mount them when I see something.... something off in the distance. I had to move the brake cables to get a closer view but once I was close enough.

Image

:cry:

Hooray for Thursday late night trading. Bike is now in the shop awaiting a warranty replacement (didn't have any stems in my length available).
Last edited by Lukeyboy on Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Lukeyboy
 
Posts: 1855
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: 10K PLUS club 2013

Postby singlespeedscott » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:34 pm

Lukeyboy wrote:Got some new brakes today. About to put the bike in the stand and mount them when I see something.... something off in the distance. I had to move the brake cables to get a closer view but once I was close enough.

Image

:cry:


:shock:

Good thing you found it now and not at the end of the month doing a descent of one of the hills around here. Me thinks with you hammering the downhills I would be getting an alloy stem and bars, like the pro's do.
Image
User avatar
singlespeedscott
 
Posts: 2688
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Elimbah, Queensland

Re: 10K PLUS club 2013

Postby Lukeyboy » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:46 pm

Oath. That's exactly the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw it. Not Oh there's a crack. Oh, how much is this gonna cost me. But oh f**k thank god I didn't ride down glorious and having it fail in a spectacular fashion. Shortly followed up with a phone call to the giant shop asking about their mtce schedule and getting the nod to bring it around that evening.

Yeah. I'm not really a big fan when it comes to carbonfibre around the stem/handlebar area for obvious reasons. Might just use the propel as a dedicated race bike and use the Merida as the dedicated training bike.
Image
User avatar
Lukeyboy
 
Posts: 1855
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am
Location: Brisbane

Re: 10K PLUS club 2013

Postby grantw » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:23 pm

gabrielle260 wrote:
grantw wrote:Sshhh, don't tell the 6k club guys but I'm aiming for 10k now, I might just make it :-)

I just tried to find you on bike journal... What's your total so far?
Andrew


I'm using strava, so far 9339km.
Image
User avatar
grantw
 
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:22 am
Location: Wollongong

Re: 10K PLUS club 2013

Postby gabrielle260 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:28 pm

grantw wrote:
gabrielle260 wrote:
grantw wrote:Sshhh, don't tell the 6k club guys but I'm aiming for 10k now, I might just make it :-)

I just tried to find you on bike journal... What's your total so far?
Andrew


I'm using strava, so far 9339km.

Gosh - you'll do it easily! I was hoping for someone to 'compete' with me... I haven't even cracked 8,000 km yet!!
gabrielle260
 
Posts: 621
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: 10K PLUS club 2013

Postby bagelonabike » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:52 pm

Well done everyone who has made their 10k already!

I'm on about 8500 and am close enough to sniff it, but still need to push hard. In Melbourne it seems to have been crazily windy lately, or maybe I'm just soft...
bagelonabike
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:06 pm

Re: 10K PLUS club 2013

Postby gabrielle260 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:46 am

bagelonabike wrote:Well done everyone who has made their 10k already!

I'm on about 8500 and am close enough to sniff it, but still need to push hard. In Melbourne it seems to have been crazily windy lately, or maybe I'm just soft...

Not soft - it's either been wind or rain or both. This winter I've used every drop of every lubricant I've had kicking around the bike room!
I am now a big fan of Shimano's wet lube.
Went to a Christmas drinks thing last night and caught a train home. Am now on a 5.39 train to get to work to get on the bike to get my kms in... The things we do!
gabrielle260
 
Posts: 621
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: 10K PLUS club 2013

Postby bagelonabike » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:10 am

gabrielle260 wrote:
bagelonabike wrote:Well done everyone who has made their 10k already!

I'm on about 8500 and am close enough to sniff it, but still need to push hard. In Melbourne it seems to have been crazily windy lately, or maybe I'm just soft...

Not soft - it's either been wind or rain or both. This winter I've used every drop of every lubricant I've had kicking around the bike room!
I am now a big fan of Shimano's wet lube.
Went to a Christmas drinks thing last night and caught a train home. Am now on a 5.39 train to get to work to get on the bike to get my kms in... The things we do!

Lol well done...biking after xmas do is keen.
I'm sure the wind will ease soon.. It better, or I may not make target!
bagelonabike
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:06 pm

Re: 10K PLUS club 2013

Postby grt046 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:12 am

grantw wrote:Sshhh, don't tell the 6k club guys but I'm aiming for 10k now, I might just make it :-)


Hey Grant .... your cover's blown. Good to see you back on the bike

6ker
Image
User avatar
grt046
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:53 pm
Location: Brisbane Northside

Re: 10K PLUS club 2013

Postby macca33 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:44 am

grantw wrote:Sshhh, don't tell the 6k club guys but I'm aiming for 10k now, I might just make it :-)


I won't let on about it. ..hahaha

sent from a MacGalaxy far, far away. ..
'dale CAAD10 - Ultegra6700 | CAAD10 Team - DA7800

Image
macca33
 
Posts: 665
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:05 pm
Location: West Gippy

Re: 10K PLUS club 2013

Postby jules21 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:48 pm

wow, Luke that's scary. those parts are carbon wrap i think - so you should still have an aluminium 'skeleton' underneath, which may or may not be cracked. but not good either way!
Image
User avatar
jules21
 
Posts: 8376
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:14 pm
Location: somewhere out in the melbourne rain

Re: 10K PLUS club 2013

Postby grantw » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:08 pm

grt046 wrote:
grantw wrote:Sshhh, don't tell the 6k club guys but I'm aiming for 10k now, I might just make it :-)


Hey Grant .... your cover's blown. Good to see you back on the bike

6ker


:-)

you too Macca!
Image
User avatar
grantw
 
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:22 am
Location: Wollongong

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users



Support BNA
Click for online shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Cycling Express Cycling Express
Ebay Ebay AU
ProBikeKit ProBikeKit UK
Evans Cycles Evans Cycles UK
JensonUSA Jenson USA
JensonUSA Competitive Cyclist