Farsport Carbon Wheels

Arlberg

Re: Farsport Carbon Wheels

Postby Arlberg » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:59 pm

Yeah Ben I would also like to know which hubs you went for. The DT Swiss are great hubs but they are just way too noisy for my liking.

The Edhubs are the lightest, and the Bitex are probably the best known/most reliable of the others (apart from the DT Swiss of course).

Ben82

Postby Ben82 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:58 pm

Not 100% on which hubs, just went the standard ones not the DT's however I did go the ceramic bearing upgrade. The wheels spin for ages and the freehudb is not to noisy. Will report back in a few months as to how they are travelling, hopefully with a few more win under the belt :wink:

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:05 pm

An update - a review based on the conditions set out is not possible. While I anticipated this, I did check anyway.
Zipp for example may see value supporting a wheelset test/comparison of a similarly price wheelsets targeted to a similar audience, the audience and price range don't match.
Also testing at a level that makes it worthwhile should involve a laboratory and in best case with multiple wheelsets to test multiple factors - the costs are prohibitive.

Realistically if there is an interest by the community it is much cheaper to purchase direct and I could get a professional wheel builder to get involved.
(i.e. community funded, we first take a look and then one lucky sponsor wins them when it is done)

I want to thank Farsport for discussing and though it wont proceed, welcome their involvement in the forums as a channel to directly answer questions.

Christopher
Cycling is in my BNA

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:29 pm

Yeah I figured as much.
There's no value in Zipp providing their wheels to test in comparison to $500 wheels.
It's a no brainer.

Easier to just give TLL a few random sets and get him to ride them for a month :)
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:46 pm

MarkG wrote:Yeah I figured as much.
There's no value in Zipp providing their wheels to test in comparison to $500 wheels.
It's a no brainer.

Easier to just give TLL a few random sets and get him to ride them for a month :)
If TLL is going to ride them, I don't want the "winnings" :mrgreen: