There's road rage, and then there's ROAD RAGE.

open topic, for anything cycling related.

Re: There's road rage, and then there's ROAD RAGE.

Postby ldrcycles » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:30 pm

il padrone wrote:Maybe one word for it...... 'ice'

:idea:

Good odds surely. The amount of force it takes to do that kind of damage to a windscreen, and the guy did it with his bare hands :shock: , terrifying.
When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments- Elizabeth West.
ldrcycles

by BNA » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:40 pm

BNA

Postby g-boaf » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:40 pm

If he can do that to a windscreen and be that wound-up to do all of that, then he's capable of much, much worse. :shock:
g-boaf

Postby Big_Red » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:17 pm

Scary stuff, that road rager is an utter nutjob. Nobody who does that on the road is fit to hold a license - if he actually holds a license he should forfeit it for life, and if the car is owned by him make sure it is crushed. And the next day claiming the video was faked? Wouldn't be surprised if the guy was as high as a kite on several illicit substances at the time of the incident either.
Big_Red

Postby The 2nd Womble » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:34 pm

I will bet you any money that as he's already known to the police for similar previous incidents, he's disqualified from driving regardless.
The only good Cyclist is a Bicyclist

Huge fan of booted RGers who just can't help themselves
The 2nd Womble

Postby ZepinAtor » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:45 pm

Wow !!

The driver of the following vehicle Ken Olsen (as stated by the interviewer) is a safety officer for a relatively large construction company I contract to.

From what I know of Ken the lunatic pursuing him would most probably be spending time in hospital if he had managed to confront him. Ken is an ex-Police officer from South Africa & I believe he came to Australia to escape the violence & mayhem of SA.

Ken's day to day job has him confronting large groups of construction workers & he lays down the law in a firm, but diplomatic way. I was shocked to see what he went through while being pursued & I'm so glad he had on board video recording. I'll have to have a chat to him at the Christmas breakup party on Friday. Just terrible seeing this type of behaviour from any human being towards another.
Gas propulsion.......it's natural don't fight it.
ZepinAtor

Postby Kenzo » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:47 am

Rear window sticker of the nutter, "Templar Code"

http://www.knightstemplar-uk.co.uk/orig ... rules.html

Methinks he has absolutely no idea of what it means or it's purpose... whether you believe in the Templars or not.
Kenzo

Postby KonaCommuter » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:02 am

MADNESS

Naked driver causes road-rage chaos on Brisbane's M1 http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/quee ... 6540718054

THIS is the latest Queensland road-rage attack where, in five minutes of mayhem, a motorist crashed into up to seven cars before he fled his burning vehicle naked.

In what was described as being like a scene from a movie, the man rammed and sideswiped cars at high speed in a terrifying ordeal on the M1 near Brisbane's CBD on Saturday.

One of the motorists caught up in the incident said: "We just got rammed from behind by a guy, the kids were completely freaked out.

"He then rammed the car in front of us and did a Bourne Identity copy and sideswiped two cars.

"He had this crazy expression on his face, he was not wearing a shirt. There (were) cars flying left right and centre.

"We called police and said: 'Look, there is a crazy person, he is going to kill someone'."

About five minutes later, just after 2.30pm, the shocked family saw the car burning in the middle of the motorway in the Tarragindi-Mount Gravatt area. Another car had been pushed into the centre median strip.

Police yesterday confirmed the driver was involved in at least four traffic incidents before he removed his clothes and ran naked towards Klumpp Rd.

The man was arrested and taken to hospital but has not been charged.

I'm convinced that we need Police ON THE ROADS.
2012 Oppy A4 | 200x Hard tail Kona Blast Deluxe
KonaCommuter

Postby winstonw » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:54 am

There's too much of this stuff these days.

I'm always amused by the totally useless responses from 000 operators.
winstonw

Postby The 2nd Womble » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:04 am

The stupid thing is that with the Newman government revenue raising like never before, all of the police ARE on the road.

The 2nd Womble

Postby herzog » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:51 am

That footage is going to sell a LOT of dash cams...
herzog

Postby skull » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:10 am

I am surprised that at the moment he is only looking at traffic violations.

Surely there was ground to keep him locked up and a need to face the judge. That guy is a loose canon and shouldn't be in public.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2
skull

Postby Big_Red » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:14 am

Had a pest control guy over my place a fortnight ago and we got to talking about bikes after he saw my 2 in the garage and asked if I had a camera for my commutes. He said that he doesn't go on the road with his bike due to some bad experiences he's had with drivers on the roads. As he drives 1500km for work each week he was looking to get a dashcam for the work car. I suggested a gopro due to quality and it being able to clearly pick up a cars plates for id afterwards. Would be a shame if cameras became mandatory in cars due to nutbags like these.
Big_Red

Postby familyguy » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:44 am

http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/road ... 2bmqk.html

SMH wrote:According to Today Tonight, the driver of the other vehicle has contacted police and plans to turn himself in.

...after speaking to two lawyers to sort out the 'mitigating circumstances' and making sure he wont' go to jail. Again. Possibly.

But what of this bit?
SMH wrote:The footage also shows a female passenger waving her arms from the passenger's seat of the Navara and yelling at Mr Olsen.

Telling him to run? Also having a go? Begging to get out?

When 'bath salts' attack?

Jim
familyguy

Postby il padrone » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:45 am

Kenzo wrote:Rear window sticker of the nutter, "Templar Code"

It's local clothing brand.
Riding bikes in traffic - what seems dangerous is usually safe; what seems safe is often more dangerous.
il padrone

Postby The 2nd Womble » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:51 am

il padrone wrote:

Most likely to be worn by those least likely to be able to spell Code correctly, let alone understand its relevance.

The 2nd Womble

Postby familyguy » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:54 am

il padrone wrote:

Oh great...another traditional historic symbol hijacked by "gold coast man" types cause it looks good on a t-shirt to be wary of.
familyguy

Postby herzog » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:24 am

As an aside, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON UP THERE IN QUEENSLAND?

A good mate of mine moved up there about 5 years ago, and has regaled me with stories of appalling roadrage and insane driving ever since. He seems to have a new "you won't believe what I saw on the roads today" story every week.
herzog

Postby The 2nd Womble » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:24 am

skull wrote:I am surprised that at the moment he is only looking at traffic violations.

Surely there was ground to keep him locked up and a need to face the judge. That guy is a loose canon and shouldn't be in public.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Have you got a link to this at all Skull? If the QPS are merely taking action based on traffic infringements then my Christmas is going to be filled with multiple emails and a new target for 2013. It is gross negligence on the part of the police and justice system if this man is not removed from the community. If this had been my wife I have no doubt I'd be at her side at the QE2 or attending a funeral. As **************** *** said to me last night "I'm so angry I'm blowing white snot bubbles!
Last edited by The 2nd Womble on Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The 2nd Womble

Postby The 2nd Womble » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:31 am

In addition, the Police and Transport Minister's offices have both told me this week that unless there has been a marked increase in the number of attacks on cyclists following the GCB Daniel Meers article, there's nothing they can or will do. If cyclists don't report these incidents the police can't add them to the stats. The problem is that cyclists normally know its pointless to do so.
WITH video footage, WITH prime time screening, WITH the potential for the loss of several lives due to this road rager, WITH the length of the pursuit, WITH the fact it involves a former police officer as the victim, and WITH the fact the driver is known to have done this to others before, the police should be immediately looking at the event as a criminal matter an not a traffic matter. This will NOT put Queensland cyclists minds at ease.
We have nowhere to turn and nobody to keep us safe except ourselves and each other.

The 2nd Womble

Postby KonaCommuter » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:39 am

The 2nd Womble wrote:In addition, the Police and Transport Minister's offices have both told me this week that unless there has been a marked increase in the number of attacks on cyclists following the GCB Daniel Meers article, there's nothing they can or will do. If cyclists don't report these incidents the police can't add them to the stats. The problem is that cyclists normally know its pointless to do so.
WITH video footage, WITH prime time screening, WITH the potential for the loss of several lives due to this road rager, with the length of the pursuit, WITH the fact it involves a former police officer as the victim, and WITH the fact the driver is known to have done this to others before, the police should be immediately looking at the event as a criminal matter an not a traffic matter. This will NOT put Queensland cyclists minds at ease.
We have nowhere to turn and nobody to keep us safe except ourselves and each other.

Yes, yes, yes!!!!

No offence intended but for crying out loud. If you are a victim of a crime, make a complaint to the Police, press charges and if be prepared to go to court.
2012 Oppy A4 | 200x Hard tail Kona Blast Deluxe
KonaCommuter

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:53 am

The important thing is to report it - the more people report (regardless of the action) the higher these topics become on police and politicians agenda.

On that road rage incident I think being an ex police officer was beside the point, it got prime time coverage because it was extreme (just like the Golden Eagle snatching the baby... far out).
AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby The 2nd Womble » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:58 am

Trust me Chris, being a former member of the police force - any police force - normally betts results. Apparently not up here though.

The 2nd Womble

Postby TimW » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:02 am

The 2nd Womble wrote:Trust me Chris, being a former member of the police force - any police force - normally betts results. Apparently not up here though.

I disagree, once your out the term "there is nothing more ex than an ex "applies. So i am not sure where you get your info from Womble but as an ex member i can say that this is the case.Tim
TimW

Postby The 2nd Womble » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:07 am

A lot of Police current and ex in the family, although most are NZ.

The 2nd Womble

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:27 am

This is an extreme video and I feel that prime time news would run this regardless of the gentlemen being an ex-police officer.
I get the point however that being an ex-office lends more credibility and in terms of getting quicker results, you could speculate that this may influence it.
AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion