Old Repco bike database/enthusiast web site?

open topic, for anything cycling related.

Old Repco bike database/enthusiast web site?

Postby gettingfit » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:36 pm

Hi guys,

During my current search for a bike I'm obviously coming across a lot of the old school Repcos, the Travellers, Super Lites etc, and they are really taking me back to my teen years of never being off my trusty blue Repco 'racer', although I'm getting a little frustrated that I can't remember what type it was and none of the ones I'm coming across jog my memory. If I can find out I'd love to track one down for old times sake.

Anyway, a bit of search has shown up the usual threads on here and other forums when people find an old bike on the tip/council clean up etc and fix it up, but I'm wondering if there is a web site/page/enthusiasts forum that goes through the different model Repcos, their vintage, their components, photos etc?

Thanks.

Edit: Just after I wrote this I found the 'Repco Appreciation Thread' on this forum, so lots of info (81 pages!) in there to peruse! Still can't find a name of a bike that rings any bells though. If I can give any hints I would think it would have been bought between 1985 and 1988 (I was 10-13 then). I was a tall kid growing up and I'm sure it was a mens size bike.
gettingfit

Return to General discussion